Gå til innhold

Ting som er hyggelige og gjør deg glad

Gjest Slettet-Axby2kEH

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFCKhUgIziU&feature=player_embedded

Also:

I'm a long time reddit lurker, but thought this was something worth posting. A few weeks ago, I saw this post on the homepage:

I had found a mole on my back a few months ago that looked a bit suspicious. I'm a lazy guy, and while it was worrying me, I didn't have it checked out by a dermatologist.

After reading the post above and watching the youtube video, I was freaked out enough to call a dermatologist to have it looked at. The dermatologist thought it looked suspicious as well, and did a biopsy. Turns out I have melanoma. It was caught at a very early stage (T1A, Clark's level II, .3mm depth).

I'm having surgery to remove it on Tuesday, and hopefully there will be no recurrence and I continue to lead a normal life (survival rates for my stage are well above 90%).

Without seeing this post, I may have waited months or years to have it looked at, and by then it could have progressed to a much further stage with some pretty scary survival rates.

To Reddit and poster joliane_, THANK YOU for existing and posting the link! While this is still a very scary thing to be going through, if I had waited longer to have it looked at, I may have gotten to a point where it started spreading to my lymph nodes and/or organs, and I could be looking at a death sentence instead of a minor surgery.

And to all you redditors out there, if you see a suspicious mole, have it checked out (read the comments in the post I linked to for signs of problems), you may just have your life saved by Reddit as well.

Hefra

Fantastisk :)

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...