Gå til innhold

Geforce GTX 9xx Tråden

Anbefalte innlegg

Nye nvidia serien blir ikke 880 men 980 :) og lansering i midten av september

http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/19235-geforce-gtx-980-och-970-pa-ingang-i-september

Nissens anbefalings tråd for custom bios + mere

http://www.overclock.net/t/1513920/nvidia-gtx-980-owners-Club

No limit bioser postet av nizzen

NOLIMITS v6 and GameStable v1 Release!

Been real busy with work, but found the time to do some additional hacking on the reference bios this weekend.

I'm splitting my work into two tracks: Game Stable and No Limits
I stability tested Game Stable for 7 hours in Borderlands: TPS in SLI Adaptive mode with GSYNC enabled. It ran at 1506 max boost, and dropped to 1063 at the lowest. No issues.
The No Limits track should now be considered a 'max bench' scores only. If you allow it, it will boost. Reduce core clock to negative value if you have low ASIC to reduce boosting. (runs fine on my 70.5, not on my 64).

I've put the changelog in each zip. It is much more detailed.

There is one very important change. The voltage slider in afterburner, etc, will only affect the minimum voltage now. This bios will always run at 1.275v when you are running a 3d application.
So, if you find you are unstable even with the increase to P00 state voltage, you can increase the slider to get even more minimum voltage.

There is strong evidence that afterburner may be incorrectly showing 1.275v. Several people, including myself, have measured the actual voltage from the back of the card to be at ~1.31-1.32v.

Have fun!

Reference cards only for now.

GM204-REFRENCE-EVGA980SCACX-GSv1.zip 1100k .zip fileGM204-REFRENCE-EVGA980SCACX-NOLIMITSv6.zip1100k .zip file

NOLIMITS BIOS Update 4
Please review this whole post... Try to actually understand what the changes mean. I've outlined *every single thing* I changed in the bios's, and provided at least a short explanation.

Please note, this isn't magic, if your GPU has limits placed on it by the VRM, we can't get past those yet.

I tried to do the bios for everyone who requested. Just let me know if I didn't get yours, and post your bios again or send me a direct link to the techpowerup download in a PM.

Good news:
980 users: It looks like Naennon may have gotten the boost table working correctly in MBT 1.32. As such, I modified the boost table on all your bios to match the 980 SC ACX2.0. Please try the bios and let me know if it's not working. If it still is broken, I'll reset all the clocks and release an update quick-like.
Also, I looked into the actual power supply on the 980, and it appears it's actually the same power supply that's on the 770, minus one *memory* power phase! So the 770 was ALSO a 4 phase GPU power solution... And we saw cards go up to 287W, so, I've increased the NOLIMITS bios to 285W. thumb.gif

Bad news:
980 users: I reviewed the datasheet on the NCP81174 VRM:
http://www.onsemi.co.../NCP81174-D.PDF It does not appear to be programmable, so we're stuck having to hardmod if we want to exceed 1.3v or disable OVP/OCP.
970 users: Right now things don't really look good for you guys. It seems the VRM on your cards may be programmed not to exceed 1.212v. I applied the same settings to your BIOS that I did for the 980 bios's. All we can do is try them out and see if the voltages are unlocked. Same deal as far as reprogramming it is concerned, unfortunately.

As always, FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!
GTX 980 NOLIMITS

GM204-REFRENCE-EVGA980SCACX-NOLIMITSv4.zip1099k .zip fileGM204-MSIGAMING980-NOLIMITSv3.zip 1099k .zip file
GM204-GIGABYTEG1980-NOLIMITSv3.zip 1099k .zip fileGM204-ASUSSTRIX980-NOLIMITSv3.zip 1100k .zip file

GTX 970 NOLIMITS
GM204-EVGA970ACX-NOLIMITSv2.zip 1099k .zip fileGM204-MSIGAMING970-NOLIMITS.zip 1099k .zip file
GM204-GIGABYTEG1970-NOLIMITS.zip 1099k .zip fileGM204-ASUSSTRIX970-NOLIMITS.zip 963k .zip file
GM204-MANLI970-NOLIMITS.zip 1099k .zip fileGM204-ZOTAC970-NOLIMITS.zip 1099k .zip file

In each download you'll find:
1. mbt.nvflash.zip - contains Naennon's Maxwell BIOS Tweaker and JoeDirt's modded NVFlash for flashing unsigned BIOS.
2. The original BIOS that was used for modding.
3. The NOLIMITSv2 BIOS for that specific card.

The list of changes:
1. If TDP was below 285W, it was increased to 285W.
2. If Default power was below 228W, it was increased to 228W.
3. 6 pin 12v bus power increased to 110W per channel for cards that needed it.
4. Maximum voltage unlocked: 1.312v in MBT, but I've not seen my cards exceed 1.275v.
5. GTX 980's have had their boost table and common clocks increased to 1266/1367 with a maximum table value of 1531.5. This should be good for 1700MHz+ on high ASIC cards.(May not actually work)
6. Minimum voltage increased 2 bins.
7. Minimum boost voltage increased from 1.2125v to 1.2813v(in MBT).
8. CLK 35-68 voltage table increased by 5 bins EXCEPT CLK 53 and 61.
9. CLK 53 and 61 voltage table increased by 4 bins. If I increased these by 5, the maximum boost was reduced. These voltages correspond to the TDP Base Clock and Boost Clock.
10. CLK 69 through 74 voltage table greatly increased to guarantee stable voltage bin selection when boosting.
11. XBAR, SYS, and L2C values returned to 1392.5MHz from various lowered values.
12. Default memory speed increased to 3805MHz.

A few things to note:
1. Because of the way I manipulated the voltages you'll see the same +87mv over max in Afterburner/Precision etc, you won't see +100mv. +87mv is essentially the same as +100mv.
2. The same goes for the Power Limit. The entire limit range was increased, so the sliders will only go up to 125%. Again though, 125% is essentially 139%.
3. The BIOS still scales to low voltage/clockspeeds when idling! (CLK34 and below were not changed)
4. Last night after I was done testing I set my cards back to Adaptive from Prefer maximum performance. When I got home tonight and started testing again, I forgot to set it back to prefer maximum performance.

This resulted in the bios actually not boosting the extra bins on my 64% ASIC card. So, sorry guys with low ASIC, you're going to need to set to max performance in your gpu driver:
1. Right click on your desktop and go to nvidia control panel.
2. click on manage 3d settings
3. find power management mode in global settings and set it to 'prefer maximum performance.'

Also, another tip, to get higher 3dmark scores, set preferred refresh rate to 'application-controlled' <- I normally have this set to "highest available" to force G-Sync or ULMB mode.

Obviously, the only BIOS i've actually tested is the EVGA/Reference BIOS. The previous NOLIMITS bios did not feature changes to the voltage tables, so again... Flash at your own risk!
Still with me, then? GO NUTS!

Flash guide:
1. Unpack both zips to the same folder.
2. Right click "Computer" and to go Manage. Computer Manager opens.
3. Click Device Manager
4. Expand Display Adapters
5. Right click your GTX980 and Disable that sucker(all of them if you have more than one).
6. Start -> run -> cmd
7. Navigate to your nvflash folder: cd\folder\path\here\
8. If you are flashing a non-reference bios simply type nvflash
-> nvflash GM204-GIGABYTEG1980-NOLIMITSv3.rom
9. If you're flashing a reference bios and you need a PCI DeviceID Override, add -6 after nvflash and before your filename.
-> nvflash -6 GM204-REFERENCE-EVGA980SCACX-NOLIMITSv4.rom
To flash another bios for the same circuit board, first uninstall your video driver, then run:
nvflash -6

If you have more than one card and want to flash a specific one:
nvflash --list
Look at the index number (0, 1, 2, 3) and then
nvflash -6 --index

Endret av Mantaturbo
  • Liker 4
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

bestillte 2 stk asus 780 ti matrix platinum i går da de var på tilbud , ble usikker på om jeg skal sende de tilbake på mandag nå :/ tror dere det blir mye forskjell på 980 og 780ti ?

Jeg regner med at det ikke er mer enn 20-30% forskjell. På en annen side, så betaler man jo 1500 kr ekstra for 15% ytelse når man går fra 780 til 780 Ti...

Lenke til kommentar

bestillte 2 stk asus 780 ti matrix platinum i går da de var på tilbud , ble usikker på om jeg skal sende de tilbake på mandag nå :/ tror dere det blir mye forskjell på 980 og 780ti ?

Jeg regner med at det ikke er mer enn 20-30% forskjell. På en annen side, så betaler man jo 1500 kr ekstra for 15% ytelse når man går fra 780 til 780 Ti...

Hvor stor forskjell var det fra 680 = Til 780, Og 7970Ghz = 290X? :)

Lenke til kommentar

Hvor stor forskjell var det fra 680 = Til 780, Og 7970Ghz = 290X? :)
Http://www.techpowerup.com

Bruk søk-funksjonen

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar

10-15% mer er supert det om FPS vipper over spillbart^^

Jaha? Så det er bare jeg som mener at det må være en forskjell på minst 33% (30 til 40 fps) for at det virkelig skal merkes?

Eller er det folk her som feiler på prosentregning? 10-15% økning fra 40 fps blir jo fortsatt ikke mer enn 44-46 fps.

Endret av N o r e n g
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...