Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

As they say "The victorious writes the history" so the historical events should always be considered inaccurate until several sources confirms it without question. How can we be sure that the written source and the writer has been turned by the events he's been witness to?

The history is a myriad of information, we need to sort out the truth from the information that is twisted some way of the events. Per example, we just witnessed a Norwegian veteran who died defending the government from the Germans during the escape to England. Nygårdsvold tainted his name and told an inaccurate event which has coloured his name black for several long years, and just now the correct information has come forth.

This is evidence enough that history is written by a subjective participant one way or the other.

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
I haven't heard of that, Bear. You got a link to a newspaper article or something like that?

I'll try to see if I can find the article from VG Net. Trying to find anything useful there amongst the filth they normally print is like finding the famous needle in a haystack :)

E1:

I think I found the same article in Dagbladet but I sited Nygaardsvold as the culprit but it was Lie. Took a few minutes to find the article but here you go: Link

Endret av Bear^
Lenke til kommentar

Just found out that a guy in the class next to me died yesterday in a trafficaccident. Didn't realize before now who all the "rip"'s were dedicated towards. Seems to have been a lot of deaths this year and the year before. I think there's been two suicides and now a trafficaccident in the latest time. Life isn't easy, now is it? Hope this post doesn't create that awkward silence in this thread. :hm:

edit: I guess "Deppetråden" would a more appropriate place for this. Sorry.

Endret av Mr.Graves
Lenke til kommentar
Gjest Slettet+981287349
Life has its ups and downs. We often say, "Same shit, different day". But in reality it's never the same shit. Things are constantly in flux.

You lose some, you gain others.

Well spoken Moraelyn, well spoken.

Lenke til kommentar
I mean, 2 things are already clear in life - birth and death - but does that stretch to more than just that?

I think, as yourself, that birth & death are the only true pre-determined things in this world. Everything else is constantly depending on different variables (i.e. How you die, how your life turns out ect). On the other hand, how I die is already in one way or another already decided. But, if I was told how I would die, I might have had the chance of changing the variables. Again, making nothing pre-determined.

Lenke til kommentar
A well defined thought but, if we knew how we would die then prevented it, how could we know how we would die if we didn't die? It would be a sort of looking into the future how our death would be, but if we prevented that, wouldn't that alter the course and thus we couldn't see how we could die?

True. It's pretty much at this stage that paradoxes like this starts to confuse me. Reminds me of this paradox:

A girl hates her grandmother and travels back in time and kills her when she's young. But if the grandmother didn't live to give birth to her mother, she wouldn't have been even born - making it impossible for girl to have killed grandmother.

Lenke til kommentar
True. It's pretty much at this stage that paradoxes like this starts to confuse me. Reminds me of this paradox:

A girl hates her grandmother and travels back in time and kills her when she's young. But if the grandmother didn't live to give birth to her mother, she wouldn't have been even born - making it impossible for girl to have killed grandmother.

Paradoxes like this is what confuses me as well, so I try not to think to hard on and around them :)

Time is a relentless river and when we're born we're tossed into this river. In the end there's a fall that will kill us but when we get to that fall we'll know it. So all we can do is follow the flow with the river, tackle as many obstacles thrown in our way and enjoy the ride as long as it lasts :)

Lenke til kommentar
Time is a relentless river and when we're born we're tossed into this river. In the end there's a fall that will kill us but when we get to that fall we'll know it. So all we can do is follow the flow with the river, tackle as many obstacles thrown in our way and enjoy the ride as long as it lasts :)

Very nicely put. I find it funny that many people think that a movie is ruined if you know the outcome of it. We all know the ending of this "movie", but we're still "watching" it. Perhaps because we don't believe we have a choice, or that we're a bunch of hypocrites. Or both. :wee:

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...