Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

Woho, woke up this morning to a raging storm :)

I'm a sucker for bad weather, just love it. As per my writing hour the wind is howling outside and the rain hails towards the window like there is no tomorrow. The sea is churning and producing white wisps of salty water in the air.

It's an autumn storm and I love it...

Lenke til kommentar
Gjest Slettet+981287349

Right now am stuffed, one "Grandiosa Pepperoni".

Good food for me, its cheap and since am a student its worth it.

The weather here in Sandnessjøen is only getting more worse, more rain and more wind.

Lenke til kommentar
Are we in the same country? Blue skies with some tiny dots of clouds here and there. THe sun is shining, and I don't think there's even a breeze outside.

I'm in Lofoten and here it's just ghastly, heavy wind, rain and the sea is about 384 meters above standard, so the sea is washing over the road at some places. I almost drove of the road while driving to work today because my windows filled with rain, couldn't see a thing.

Lenke til kommentar
Gjest Slettet+981287349

Relaxing on a friday night on my couch and listening to the new Muse album - The Resistance.

What have you done tonight ?

Endret av Slettet+981287349
Lenke til kommentar
Gjest Slettet+981287349
Relaxing on a friday night on my couch and listening to the new Muse album - The Resistance.

You're going to the concert in October, right? :)

Can't, I have safety courses the entire week. Helicopter crashes :D

Endret av Slettet+981287349
Lenke til kommentar

As the orc grunts in Warcraft say "Work work". Hm, I wonder if I should try to yell "stopp poking me!" the next time my boss tell me about things that I need to do.

Saturday night will be just 100% relax for my sake, no nights out, nothing. Just me, a book, a glass of some good Whiskey or Brandy and a nice quiet list of Dire Straits in the background.

Hm, just writing about it 9 a.m in the morning makes me long for it even more. Sigh. Hate working early in the weekends.

Lenke til kommentar
Gjest Slettet+981287349
Saturday night will be just 100% relax for my sake, no nights out, nothing. Just me, a book, a glass of some good Whiskey or Brandy and a nice quiet list of Dire Straits in the background.

Sounds lovely Bear^.

Lenke til kommentar

My plans tonight? Well, I'll:

#1: Go to the store, return bottles, buy food for the weekend.

#2: Pull out the Dremel and do some modding.

#3: Collect the three or four kiwi bags of non-sortable trash, dump them inside a black garbage bag.

#4: Watch "The Postman", with my wife. We haven't seen that in ages.

#5: Toss the black garbage bag in the car somewhere around midnight, drive to Prix, and toss it in their dumpster.

#6: Come home and drink. Bacardi Oro. While doing that, I'll log into TeamSpeak and chat with my canadian friends. And I may play a game or something.

#7: Pass out at my desk, wake up with an aching neck at around 4am, take a piss, grab a smoke, and go to bed.

"Those who forget history are doomed to relive it"

Wrong.

#1: History is a lie.

#2: They can't "relive" it if they don't remember it ever happened. They can only live it.

#3: Those who trust in history are like religious nuts; history is full of lies, edits, rewrites, and copyright infringement. Yet the zealot picks up this tool "history" and uses it as a basis for judging the actions of others. Might as well put people on trial for not conforming to the principles laid forth by the latest episode of Seinfeld. Same thing.

Lenke til kommentar

History isn't a lie, it's the truth relevant to the informer writing it at that present time. Thus the history is the truth seen from that point of view.

To relive is a metaphor meaning to make the same mistakes twice. If we remember the wrongs of the past we're less likely to do the same mistake again. It's the same as learning in school or other ways.

Lenke til kommentar

Are you saying that "history" is an assumption on the part of the author? "The truth relevant to the informer"; this would by default make it a personal account of events witnessed and assumed to be accurate by the author. An account not immune to distortion by inside and outside influences. This of course only applies if they are being honest in the first place, foregoing personal agendas or any manipulation of common thought in order to achieve some favorable disposition.

I take the expression quite literally. We cannot make the same mistake again, if we have forgotten we ever made the mistake previously-- the original mistake ceases to exist, because we do not remember it. The argument becomes a tool by which others can judge our actions, though we cannot judge our own actions.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...