Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

First question: When and where and how did you use your skills in english last time? For me it was

1. A couple of days ago, chatting with an american friend of mine at MSN. 2. Before that. I had to speak english with an French customer at work. Mainy because no one else dared to try but me. (Lucily he turned out to be a big spender, so it was worth the effort :))

Lenke til kommentar
First question: When and where and how did you use your skills in english last time? For me it was

1. A couple of days ago, chatting with an american friend of mine at MSN. 2. Before that. I had to speak english with an French customer at work. Mainy because no one else dared to try but me. (Lucily he turned out to be a big spender, so it was worth the effort :))

7292146[/snapback]

I have friends in Canada, Usa, South-Africa and Brazil so I speak English with them on a daily basis. My written English is poor, because I hardly ever write English.

Lenke til kommentar
That would be during a written test (tentamen) we had yesterday. It blowed, not being able to use a computer. You see, my handwriting is horrid.

7293144[/snapback]

Hehe, i have the same problem. My handwriting is unreadable for anyone but me. :(

Heh, I'm pretty sure that WoW ( and other videogames aswell ) has helped me to develope better English skills.

Guess i've learned it the same way. Whenever i see/hear a word i don't know, i check it at tritrans.com or urbandictionary :p

Lenke til kommentar

This could very well become a pretty interesting topic. :) I agree with those who say they learn alot of their english from videogames, for instance. I've learned much in school, not doubt about it, but still I'm absolutely serious when I say that games have had some influence.

In english class at school, I often experience problems when my teacher tells me a word in english and asks me to tell what it is in norwegian, or the other way around...because I don't always know the norwegian word for it, though I know what the english word means. Anyone else had that problem? :blush:

I guess this is because...when I read english, I don't translate it to norwegian in my head and then understands it. :p

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...