Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

I've played lots of games since young age. I feel that's one of the reasons my written English is so good, and I don't mean to brag, but I really think it's over the top compared to many others my age. Playing WoW on an RP-server with people using odd words and grammatics might also have helped me. And I dearly like English books. I've read The Lord of The Rings, and a few series written by Tad Williams, all in English, of course, and not a single word seems to pass me by.

I like English :D It helps communication with people around the world get easier. And becasue I have the possibility to express myself with a huge vocabulary, I might get to other words and explanations when others might not understand me.

That's my words for tonight.

Lenke til kommentar
Heh, I'm pretty sure that WoW ( and other videogames aswell ) has helped me to develope better English skills.

7293148[/snapback]

Yeah, but consider this. When I write english in games like cs, i use many word that are not actually words like "u" and so on...

7293482[/snapback]

Your point beeing?

7293507[/snapback]

When i wrote a assignment on english i found 6 u and not you... hehe :p,

Edit: Typo

Endret av Best0
Lenke til kommentar
I usually listen to the sound instead of reading the subtitles when english tv-shows are being broadcasted.

7293571[/snapback]

Me too. But that may be becasue I always get so f***ing annoyed by those stupid translators who can't translate it correctly.

Klikk for å se/fjerne innholdet nedenfor
An example: in a seinfeld-episode they managed to translate "make-up sex" to "sminkesex"
Endret av L4r5
Lenke til kommentar
Funny you made this thread. :wee:

As incanus said in 2nd post I created a thread about it and for a couple of minutes ago Aalton created a poll. If you would like a "english-part" of this forum, please vote "ja"..  :tease:

Btw, don't discuss my bad english. :p

7293739[/snapback]

You got a link to that thread?

Lenke til kommentar

Nice thread!

I've thought about starting a thread like this, but I never bothered.

Hmm, when was the last time I practiced my engish skills, must've been a few weeks ago when I was chatting with some british friends via MSN.

A question for all of you (not related to written English, though): What kind of an accent do you have? Norweigan-English? British? American? Do tell. :)

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...