Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse
I will say I speak more american-english than ugly britsh-english.. There is one boy in my english-class. He talks british as a english-man. "I would like a coup of tea" on english-accent. He is very good too. But, I think britisk-english sounds gay.. (Don't shot me)  :ph34r:

7293851[/snapback]

Haha, I love british accent. Not to mention scottish accent! :love: They always make me laugh.

EDIT: I tend to forget that it's written I not i :(

Endret av Bamboocha
Lenke til kommentar

Hm, I find that communicating in English has become second nature for me, most likely as a result of all the years I've spent on the Internet. That, and the copious amounts of literature and film I so rapaciously consume.

Although mastering the language is no easy task, the average Norwegian should not have any trouble picking up the basics, what with our constant exposure to the language and all. It's up to the individual to make the plunge after that, though; inaction gets you nowhere. Best dive headlong into the fray before it's too late.

Lenke til kommentar
I will say I speak more american-english than ugly britsh-english.. There is one boy in my english-class. He talks british as a english-man. "I would like a coup of tea" on english-accent. He is very good too. But, I think britisk-english sounds gay.. (Don't shot me)  :ph34r:

7293851[/snapback]

Haha, I love british accent.

7293871[/snapback]

:sick:

I am sick.. Why can you say that? "You stupid little.." (Quoted Homer Simpson)

Is it correct english to say that? F.ex: "I quoted Homer"?

Lenke til kommentar

This thread seems like a fun read. I'm both talking and writing english just as much as norwegian every day, perhaps even more english. I do, however, not feel that my english is at the level it should be, and as such both reading and writing in this thread might just come in handy, learning-wise ^^

Anyone heard anything from the band The Streets? Acually I believe the "band" consist of one person :p. The way he speaks the language is exactly like I want to. It's difficult though :S

Lenke til kommentar
What a great idea this thread was. I've never thought of this before, but I see how convenient it might be (for those who don't play WoW, etc. like me).

EDIT: And pwd3679: it's spelled "much", not "mutch".

7293642[/snapback]

Argh! Those are mispelling that annoys me the mutch* about my english. I think I will have to spend some time in this thread to just get rid of those unneccecary and stupid mistakes.

By the way...Tonite I started seeing SAW II a few hours ago. Frankly, I shut it off just a half an hour into the movie. And jumped to Silent Hill instead. And WOHA! Speaking of something else. Silent Hill is as rare as a really good horror movie. Later, if I got time to waste, I will finish the SAW II crap.

*see?

Endret av pwd3679
Lenke til kommentar
Anyone heard anything from the band The Streets? Acually I believe the "band" consist of one person :p. The way he speaks the language is exactly like I want to. It's difficult though :S
Listened quite a bit to him, his name is Mike Skinner. A Grand Don't Come for Free was better than The Hardest Way to Make an Easy Living though.

EDIT: And pwd3679: it's spelled "much", not "mutch".

Argh! Those are mispelling that annoys me the mutch about my english. I think I will have to spend some time in this thread to just get rid of those unneccecary and stupid mistakes.

Edit: Fixed some BBCode. And a spelling error.

Endret av incanus
Lenke til kommentar
Practicing English... When it comes to speaking and writing, I rarely use English. A post now and then in various forums is really the only occasion. I do read a lot in English though, and sometimes watch movies without subtitles.

7293844[/snapback]

I never uses subtitles. Getting used to subtitles makes your linguistic ear veeeery lazy. British english movies on the other hand is sometimes too hard to understand without subs.

Haha, I love british accent. Not to mention scottish accent! :love: They always make me laugh.

EDIT: I tend to forget that it's written I not i :(

7293871[/snapback]

I love the Irish/Scottish dialect they use in Braveheart. It just sounds really great for a change.

Hm, I find that communicating in English has become second nature for me, most likely as a result of all the years I've spent on the Internet.

7293894[/snapback]

Internet? Second that. And english speaking movies. That said, hangng on boards like this really trained me seriously in how to express myself in norwegian. Now let's see what boards can do with my english.

Endret av pwd3679
Lenke til kommentar
Listened quite a bit to him, his name is Mike Skinner. A Grand Don't Come for Free was better than The Hardest Way to Make an Easy Living though.

7293952[/snapback]

I've only got A Grand Don't Come for Free, on which some of the songs are awesome, while others are a tad "weird". Could Well Be In and Fit But You Know It are great, and the somewhat classic Dry Your Eyes :)

Oh, sometimes I want to speak english like Brad Pitt in Snatch!

Lenke til kommentar
Heard some british referees talk during Norway Cup this summer, and I really have to admit that I didn't understand a single word of their dialect before I really focused on doing so. Really funny to listen to, I can only imagine how many different English dialects there are.

7294261[/snapback]

Tor Heyerdal had the best of them all :cool:

Lenke til kommentar
But how mutch do we practice written english?

I dont write this with an intention to be rude, but I think "mutch" is written with the "t"

Nice thread, though! :thumbup:

7294278[/snapback]

Hmmm...could anyone verify that?

*off "Googling" for the truth*

Answer: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&saf...uch&btnG=Search

Endret av pwd3679
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...