Oversettelsestråden - spør og få svar

Cuneax

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse
Hva heter "plastlomme" på engelsk?

9193029[/snapback]

plastlomme heter plastic bag;)

hva heter en list, som i treverk, på engelsk?

9193210[/snapback]

Når jeg søker etter dette på ebay får jeg plastposer og sånne små "fryse"-poser o.l....

Hva jeg kan jeg søke etter for å få plastlommer?

9195519[/snapback]

Jeg ville gått ned i en bokhandler.

9198533[/snapback]

Ebay pleier å være en god del billigere enn norske bokhandlere, og det inkludert frakt :p

Lenke til kommentar

Heisann :)

Har lest en bok på engelsk nå med ett rimelig komplisert språk. Boka er ikke oversatt til Norsk (enda), og det var en del ord jeg ikke skjønte der. Beklager at dette kommer til å bli mange ord, men uendelig takk til dere som hjelper meg. Kommer til å "streke over" ord som jeg ikke lenger lurer på og målet mitt er at alle ordene tilslutt er streket over. Prøvde også å skrive hele setningen så dere skjønner sammenhengen lettere, og en ting til, ikke tenk på at de forskjellige avsnittene skal stemme overens, de er alle hentet fra forskjellige deler av boka.

Oversettelsen jeg er ute etter er merket i fet skrift. Har lett i Engelsk-Norske ordbøker, men fant ikke alt der, hadde også vært kjempefint om du er helt sikker på det du sier når du svarer her. Til gjengjeld skal jeg love å være så behjelpelig som overhodet mulig og å svare på spørsmål så raskt jeg overhodet klarer ;) Mange mange takk :)

Boka jeg leser er forresten Think and Grow Rich av Napoleon Hill (en bok om hvordan få suksess i livet og hvordan bli rik).

Worry. Usually expressed by finding fault with others; a tendency to spend beyond one's income; neglect of personal appearance; scowling and frowning; intemperance in the use of alcoholic drink; sometimes through the use of narcotics;nervousness; lack of poise

; self-consciousness and lack of self-reliance.

The third source of damage to the person who entertains or releases negative thoughts lies in this significant fact-these thought impulses are not only damaging to others but they imbed themselves in the subconscious mind of the person releasing them, and there become a part of their character.

When a thought is released, it spreads in every direction through the medium of the ether.

stepping stones to advancement; bargaining with lifefor a penny instead of demanding prosperity, opulence, riches, contentment, and happines (kort utdrag av utrolig lant setning)

"The Fear of Loss of Love"

The original source of this inherent fear needs little description. It obviously grew out of ancient man's polygamous habit of stealing his fellow man's mate and taking liberties with her whenever he could.

Talking about death

We know not what to expect after death. As Shakespeare stated so well in Hamlet, it is "The undiscovered country from whose bourne no traveller returns."

The vibrations of fear pas from one mind to another just as quickly and as surely as the sound of the human voice passes from the broadcasting station to the receiving station and by the self-same medium.

The third source of damage to the person who entertains or realeases negative thoughts lies in this significant fact-these thought impulses are not only damaging to others but they imbed themselves in the subconscious mind of the person releasing them, and there become a part of their character.

Deliberately seek the company of people who influence you to think and act fo r yourself.

Self-analysis Test Questions

Does life seem futile and the future hopeless to you? If so, why?

Are you sometimes "in the clouds" and at other times in the depths of despondency?

Would you call yourself a "spineless weakling" if you permitted others to do your thinking for you?

Do you neglect internal bathing until autointoxication makes you ill tempered and irritable?

You have absolute control over but one thing, and that is your thoughts. This is the most significant and inspiring of all known facts! It reflects our divine nature. This divine prerogative is the sole means by which you may control your own destiny. If you fail to control your own mind, you may be sure you will control nothing else.

If you must be careless with your possessions, let it be in connection with material things. Your mind is your spiritual estate! Protect and use it with the care to which divine royalty is entitled.

About Henry Ford and cars. Some said the thing would never become practical. Others said no one would pay money for such a contraption. Ford said, "I'll belt

the earth with dependable motor cars," and he did!

In parting, I would remind you that life is a draughts board, and the player opposite you is time. If you hesitate before moving, or neglect to move promptly, your draughts will be wiped off the board by time. You are playing against a partner who will not tolerate indecision!

Previously you may have had a logical excuse for not having forced life to come through with whatever you asked. However,that alibi is now obsolete because you are in possession of the master key that unlocks the door to life's bountiful riches.

One evening Edison arrived ahead of all the others. He walked over and seated himself at my left, where Emerson accustomed to sit, and said, "You are destined to witness the discovery of the secret of life. When the time comes, you will observe that life consists of great swarms of energy, or entities, each as intelligent as human beings think themselves to be. These units of life group together like hives of bees, and remain together until they disintegrate, through lack of harmony.

The sixth sense is the portion of the subconscious mind that has been referred to as teh "creative imagination." It has also been referred to as the "receiving set" through which ideas, plans, and thoughts flash into the mind. The "flashes" are sometimes called "hunches" or "inspirations".The sixth sense defies

description.

Understanding of the sixth sense comes only by the meditation through mind development from within. The sixth sense is probably the medium of contact between the finite mind of individuals and Infinite Intelligence.

Famous alibis for not starting to accumulate riches.

IF only I could just get a "break"...

Famous alibis for not starting to accumulate riches

IF only it were not true that "what is to be will be"

People may gain control of themselves and their enviroment because they have the power to influence their own subconscious minds, and through it gain the cooperation of Infinite Intelligence.

Endret av Faktum1
Lenke til kommentar
frowning = rynke på nesen/mislike

poise = balansere eller bringe i likevekt

imbed (annen skrivemåte av "embed") = betyr å sette X inn i noe, inkorporere

ether = eter, brukt som betegnelse for atmosfæren over skylagene, også brukt som betegnelse på en godluktende fordampende samt brannfarlig væske - mulig dette ikke passer inn :)

contentment = å være lykkelig og fornøyd

polygamous = betyr å ha flere enn to koner på et gitt tidspunkt

bourne = en liten strøm, eller elv som renner periodevis eller hvis vannføring er knyttet mot en årstid

self-same medium = tror det er brukt her som en betegnelse for at hver mottaker er et individ

Deliberately = med vilje

futile = nyttesløst

"in the clouds" = oppi skyene, antonym til:

despondency = være langt nede og å miste selvtillit

spineless weakling = jeg tolker dette som en person uten guts til å stå for sitt

autointoxication = bli forgiftet av en gift som oppstår i din egen kropp

prerogative = individets rett eller privilegie

contraption = oppfinnelse (tenk litt "dings" - Reodor Felgen lagde vel mange contraptions :) )

I'll belt = talemåte - han vil bare gjøre bilen til et fremkomstmiddel som alle kan skaffe seg

draughts board = direkte oversatt: skisseringsbord

draughts = skisser / utkast

bountiful = store mengder

entities = ting med klart adskilt separat eksistens

"hunches" = gjetning basert på intuisjon og ikke fakta

defies = trosse, eller å nekte å utføre en ordre f.eks.

finite mind = igjen en talemåte - mennesker er ikke allvitende :)

"break" = pause

"what is to be will be" = det som skal bli, vil bli ? vanskelig å oversette ordtak

Infinite Intelligence = se "finite mind" - går vel strengt tatt på det samme!

9220017[/snapback]

Beklager dårlig grammatikk og absolutt ingen hemning for stor bokstav o.l. :)

Lenke til kommentar

Goscinny, bra forsøk uansett ;) Resultatet er samme som mitt, ikke akkurat det som jeg ser etter. Synes at jeg har sett et sitat ut av sitatet som var veldig bra oversatt, og det er det jeg leiter etter. Derfor, men takk for forsøket.

TWFA, takk for tipset..

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...