Gå til innhold

PS4 vs. Xbox One

Xbox One vs. PS4!  

1 193 stemmer

1. 1. Kommer du til å velge PS4 eller Xbone?

• PS4
    • Xbox One
    • Begge
    • Ingen av dem

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

Fantastisk kommentar en bruker postet på GAF. Full respekt.

I've got no fucking clue. MS has collectively had its head up it's own ass for a while now. I want to critique this whole mess but frankly they've bungled this thing up so hard it's difficult to know where to start.

Albert, I know you read Gaf. You need to stop talking about this. Period. Full stop. No more. Shush.

Every time you or any other MS representative goes on the record to discuss the DRM policies you take an inherently anti consumer approach even if it's not your intent. Which at this point I'm going to assume it's your intent given the frequency with which you and your cohorts put this bungle on the consumer. You can't claim that consumers weren't ready for your vision of the future. We will never be ready for your vision of an all digital future because neither you nor anyone else at MS has never, not once, made it clear what exactly that vision is, or was, could be or will be.

Simply state that Microsoft misread the market. You operated in a vacuum under the assumption that your consumers wanted certain things that we didn't and now you're having to back track. That's fine. You guys made a mistake, it happens. It's time to reread your audience and try again. What you can't do is continue to allude to the fact that consumers weren't ready for your product. That's insulting, and it insinuates that you still have plans to fuck us over in the future. Consumers are naturally entitled. We have to be. We're paying large sums of cash, in this case a premium, for your product. We have certain expectations based on how you present that product and once that transaction is complete we're naturally entitled to complete ownership over that product. We also have expectations for your product based on competing products and services from other manufacturers. You do not operate within a vacuum and this relationship does not work in reverse. You are not entitled to my money.

The DRM strategy as we know it is beneficial to no one but Microsoft and its partners. This statement is true based on the information you have given us. You can claim that miscommunications and disorganization led to dissemination of inaccurate rumors, but the truth of the matter is that the only time you've detailed any consumer benefit was AFTER you shut the DRM down. We also had it on good insider authority that those claims regarding game sharing were complete bullshit and you're lying to us. All the "facts" you attempted to detail to consumers were completely contradictory during the period of time immediately following the initial announcement. Every further clarification only led to further confusion as your company continued to contradict itself. Repeatedly. These are not signs of miscommunications. These are signs of a critical lack of vision and fundamental misunderstanding of your target audience and it shows.

Right now Sony is assaulting you with precision strikes in the market that matters the most during launches, the core gamer audience. You need to buckle the fuck down and figure out what your product is, and who it's for. Right now I can't figure out who this product is for, or why anyone should want it. If it's for the hardcore gamer what are the benefits of paying for XBL over PSN+? You're entering a new generation and Sony is catching up significantly. Voice chat is no longer an appropriate answer. You've failed to clarify on the future of the Games With Gold promotion. At first it was temporary, now it's not? The offerings have been substandard when compared to PS+ over the period of time since it was first announced. Your product is no longer the preferred place to play multiplatform titles and you have virtually no first party resources to draw from. The last entry of your largest IP, halo, was not received well by it's audience and you've lost a chunk of your third party exclusive content over the past generation. As a consumer why should I believe that this won't happen again? Why should I, as a gamer, buy a Xbox One when judging by your track record you've nearly abandoned the 360 halfway through it's life and let a massive series like Mass Effect go multiplatform. It seems to me like this will probably happen again and most major titles I can just wait for.

Is this for the casual gamer? If so why aren't we seeing more kinect games? If so why is it the most expensive console on the market? Where is the content that's going to blow the casual market away? The original kinect was successful because it was a novel add on. A new way of interacting with a product you already had in your household. This is not the case for you any more. The original Wii took off because it was something entirely new, original, and extremely affordable. It was a novelty. This is also not the case for the Xbox One. The family/casual market, if there's much of one left, is going to Nintendo. They have the stronger family friendly IPs. You either need to focus on them or drop the kinect.

Is this a device for the mass market? Designed to integrate into television and media services? It can't be, once again it's the most expensive console no the market. It can't compete in price to something like the Apple TV, or even the Vita TV, a device that at least makes sense as a cheap complimentary purchase to a product a consumer will already own. If that's the case then why haven't we heard more about these television and film products? Where is the info on Remedy's new game that's supposedly blending video games and television entertainment? We know virtually nothing about how it plays, and we know virtually nothing about the television series. Are there other projects like that in the works? If it's designed to compliment a cable subscription why can't it function as a DVR? What benefit is there to a $500 black box that functions as little more than a glorified TV remote? Why aren't you partnering with cable providers? Why are the TV services so severely limited globally?

Mircrosoft, who is this product for? On the surface you seem to be approaching this device as a jack of all trades type of console. The problem is that the title of "jack of all trades" implies a level of competency in these services that is glaringly absent from your strategy. You lack vision. Period. Stop making excuses. Stop blaming the consumers.

Shut the fuck up, buckle the fuck down, figure out who you're targeting, and fix this.

/end rant
  • Liker 5
Lenke til kommentar

Leser flere rykter om at Assassins Creed Black Flag også blir 720p på Xbox One, og at det ser mye bedre ut på PS4.

Seriøst, spillet var i utgangspunktet aldri planlagt til PS4 og Xbox One. Grafikkforskjellen fra de gamle konsollene er ikke spesielt store, og det skremmer meg derfor at Xbox One ikke presterer bedre.

Lenke til kommentar

Leser flere rykter om at Assassins Creed Black Flag også blir 720p på Xbox One, og at det ser mye bedre ut på PS4.

Seriøst, spillet var i utgangspunktet aldri planlagt til PS4 og Xbox One. Grafikkforskjellen fra de gamle konsollene er ikke spesielt store, og det skremmer meg derfor at Xbox One ikke presterer bedre.

PS4 versjonen ser jo knapt bedre ut enn X360 versjonen. Så hvis den ser mye bedre ut enn Xbone versjonen, så er det noe fryktelig galt.

• Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar

hahahah, elsker hvordan noen tror det blir sant om man bare lager et bilde av det. :D

"Twitter data predicts the PS4 to outsell the Xbox One 2:1" <-- Etter den var liksom tonen satt, it's hilarious! :D

Slike data som dette brukes av alle seriøse markedsførings- og analysebyrå bare så du er klar over det.

Lenke til kommentar

Gamestopsjefen sa vel at i forhåndsbestillinger så lå raten på 130:3 i favør PS4.

Info fra NeoGaf du sitter på?

The Gamestop manager said on reddit that his store has 150 PS4 pre-orders compared to the 30 pre-orders for the Xbox One.

Dette gjelder 1 gamestop butikk, lengre nede i artikkelen står det om en gamestop butikk som har mer Xbox One forhåndsbestillinger.

Hvem som selger mest i år, er det selskapet som har produsert mest konsoller.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...