Gå til innhold

11 tegn på at man ikke lenger er en hardcore-gamer

Anbefalte innlegg

.....finner du her.

You prefer playing against the computer

Online gaming against real people has become depressing – it exposes your faded, spoon-sharp reflexes and you abhor the trash-talk from 12-year old fanboys. You prefer playing offline against the computer because a game's algorithms are slightly more predictable. And, once you master the scripted patterns of play, you stand a real chance of being good… of actually winning. And that feels great, doesn't it? Ranking second-bottom on a multiplayer leader board doesn't.

You only play when your girlfriend is out

Because you only have one high-def TV and to play videogames on it while she's at home is 'selfish' and not something the two of you can do 'together'.

You believe that winning isn't everything

It's the taking part that counts. Obviously. And that's not because you're not good at games. You are. But you've found that there's more to life than spending five hours every night killing all of the Templars in Assassin’s Creed. The fact that you can't find the last three Templars is irrelevant.

It's been days, not hours since you last switched on your console

Because things keep getting in the way: TV, movies, books, going out to restaurants, shopping, going down the pub, DIY, dinner parties, the gym, more DIY, your girlfriend/wife/boyfriend [delete as applicable]… oh, and having a job.

You’re the oldest person trading in games at GameStation/Ebgames

So you lie about why you’re there. "It’s, ahem, my son's birthday. I'd like to trade these in for Guitar Hero please…"

You like your Xbox 360 and your PS3 equally

Being a more 'mature' gamer means you have more disposable income, so you can afford the luxury of owning a PS3 and an Xbox 360. So you've become the gaming equivalent of the United Nations, calming accepting the virtues of both consoles to the deaf ears of Xbox zealots and Sony fanboys (who simply ignore you and carry on their slanging match regardless). Because when you stare at those side-by-side game comparison shots on CVG, you can't see the difference. Maybe the PS3 palette is lighter… maybe… Of course, your eyesight could be failing…

You fondly remember a ‘golden age’ of gaming

You lament the current glut of videogame sequels and often talk fondly of an innovative 'golden age' of gaming. You remember Manic Miner, good ‘ol Chuckie Egg and the Ultimate games on the ZX Spectrum. You played Sensible Soccer the first time around on the Amiga, Elite on your mate’s BBC B, and finished Sonic The Hedgehog on the Megadrive. Happy days… But when modernised versions of these gaming classics turn up on Xbox Live, your excitement quickly evaporates. You quickly realise that, by today’s standards, those cherished oldies are now shallow, repetitive and not much fun.

You avoid playing on the Wii because it’s too much effort

There's no denying that the Nintendo Wii is a revolutionary games machine but… well, it does require a lot of effort. Aren't there times when you just want to slouch into a comfy sofa with a traditional joypad? Times when you can't be arsed with all that wiimote waving and waggling? It's way too energetic – a 20 minute bowling session in Wii Sports is almost akin to a full workout.

Your FPS experience consists of spawn, run, die... spawn, run, die... spawn…

The reflexes that served you so well in GoldenEye and Quake seem to be two seconds slower than everybody else these days. You think 'fire', 'jump', 'spin', 'run', 'collect spinny power-up', but your fingers press 'fire' (and pause), 'fire' (and pause), 'spin' and… no, I actually meant 'jump', and – oh, I’m dead. Either you're slowing down, or today's hard-core gamerati are faster than you ever were.

You find the idea of videogames based on board games perfectly acceptable

Anyone for a game of Carcassonne tonight? The wife's out until 10pm and I'll be online after I've had my dinner…

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Noen stemmer, mens andre er helt på jordet.

You prefer playing against the computer.

Stemmer perfekt, men hva så? Hva har hardcore å gjøre med å kun spille mot andre folk? I følge den teorien kan hardcore gamere ikke spille singleplayer spill overhodet. :dontgetit:

Igjen, helt feil. Er man hardcore gamer spiller man vel sammen med dama eller dropper henne? ;)

You belive winning isn't everything

Stemmer perfekt for meg. Jeg spiller for å ha det moro, ikke for å vinne. Hvordan kan man for eksempel "vinne" i et MMORPG?

You like your Xbox 360 and your PS3 equally

Ja, og hva så? Jeg kjøper ikke en konsoll jeg ikke liker, og er jeg hardcore gamer kjøper jeg vel like greit alle de bra spillene jeg vil ha, uavhengig av konsolltype.

You foundly remember a "golden age" of gaming

Så klart, hvem gjør ikke det? Min golden age var LucasArt/Film tiden med Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, Indy & The Fate of Atlantis, Full Throttle osv. *sukk* Og bytt gjerne "age" med "axe". :p

You avoid playing on the Wii because it’s too much effort

Latterlig påstand. Er det seriøst noen som synes Wii krever for mye av deg?

You find the idea of videogames based on board games perfectly acceptable

Til en viss grad gjør jeg det. Uten å nevne D&D (som strengt tatt er basert på brettspill) kan man ha det moro med bra lagede brettspill på data. Dette er for øvrig et unntak av det første, så slike spill bør definitivt spilles med andre levende spillere. Har ikke tall på hvor mange timer jeg har brukt i diverse sjakkspill opp gjennom årene. ;)

Lenke til kommentar

Igjen, helt feil. Er man hardcore gamer spiller man vel sammen med dama eller dropper henne? ;)

Dette var eksempler på at man ikke var hardcore lengre.. Spiller man KUN når dama er ute, så er man ikke hardcore.

Så den tok du feil på.

Lenke til kommentar

Dette var eksempler på at man ikke var hardcore lengre.. Spiller man KUN når dama er ute, så er man ikke hardcore.

Så den tok du feil på.

Tenkte meg nok ikke helt om i farten, så tok litt feil der, ja. Men om man kun spiller når dama er hjemme fordi man ikke gidder spille alene? ;)

Lenke til kommentar

Bortsett fra siste punkt, og det punktet med bytting av spill, så klaffer nok alle disse punktene på meg ja. Eller, den med kjæresten er bare dels riktig. Vi har mange TV'er, men når hun er her, er det andre ting å finne på.

Er nok ingen hardcore-gamer lenger, jeg nei. Har vel egentlig ikke vært det på en god del år nå.

Endret av Hr. Jenssen
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...