Gå til innhold
Spørsmål om bil og motor? Still spørsmål her ×

Fjerne snø pa vindscreen

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse
Gjest Slettet+6132

Hvis du mener frontrute, så må jeg noen ganger bruke en vannslange om det ikke er for kaldt i lufta. All is må gi tapt for vannstrålen uansett tykkelse. Det under blir ikke skadet. Biler i dag har vindusviskerne nede under panseret, og det gapet må jeg dekke til nå når snøen kommer lavende ned. Hvis ikke, så kan snøen fryse til en isklump nede i "brønnen" der viskerne ligger.

Denne dekker sidevinduene også. https://www.ebay.com/itm/203131251175 

Endret av Slettet+6132
Lenke til kommentar

How about if the wipers are fully covered with the hard ice and the car is parking in the area where there is no access to hot water. Obviously, we can not remove the hard ice by brush or spray. How about start the engine and switch on the all the heaters, this may take more then ten minute to get rid of some ice. Is there any problem with starting the petrol car with all heaters switch on for some time ?   

Lenke til kommentar
1 hour ago, peterjohn said:

hot water

Using water is a terrible idea! If the temperature difference is large you may end up with a cracked windscreen. We normally brush off the snow from the drivers door, get in and start the car, put on the fans/heating on full blast then get to work with a plastic ice-scraper. First you brush away the snow then you scrape the ice off with something like this or this. Regularly getting the snow off before it melts and turns to ice is a great way to save time in the morning.

• Innsiktsfullt 1
Lenke til kommentar
peterjohn skrev (1 time siden):

How about if the wipers are fully covered with the hard ice and the car is parking in the area where there is no access to hot water. Obviously, we can not remove the hard ice by brush or spray. How about start the engine and switch on the all the heaters, this may take more then ten minute to get rid of some ice. Is there any problem with starting the petrol car with all heaters switch on for some time ?   

Best to use an Auto Ice Scraper. Its possible to start the car and use the heaters, but it cause some extra air pollution.

Lenke til kommentar
peterjohn skrev (3 minutter siden):

How about to spray windscreen washer liquid manually on the windscreen and side mirrors without running the wipers ? 

You should try to avoid using water. As stated earlier there is a risk to crack the glass due to the temperature difference. In addition the water you add will freeze and might cause problems later.
If there is a very thin layer of ice then you might be able to thaw the ice with wiper fluid as the strong alcohol content will not freeze.

Lenke til kommentar

For daily use, you should stick with the brush/scraper as described above. If you are in real trouble (very few times the ice will be really hard and almost impossible to scrape off) you can put warm (not hot) water in a plastic bag and then hold that over the area for a while. This is also useful for locks that have frozen (either car or front door). Make sure to put some lock oil in when you open it, otherwise the humidity will tend to freeze the lock again. 

For preventive maintenance, you can use a blanket or one of those silver-metal-looking windshield guards they sell at auto stores - put this on the window when you park, this will prevent ice from forming. 

Some cars (Ford) have de-icing wires in the windshield in addition to the rear window - this is a great feature.

Lenke til kommentar

My sequence back when I still had to park outdoors:

1. Start the engine

2. Activate rear window heating wires and set the AC to defrost

3. Brush off any loose snow

4. Scrape side windows with ice scraper, or use spray

5. Scrape windshield with ice scraper, or use spray - with some time spent brushing off loose snow and scraping the side windows, by now the AC will have started to deliver a little bit of heat from the running engine (all mine have had petrol engines, they heat up much faster than diesel engines), making the job on the windshield a little bit easier

The wipers themselves are pretty useless with hard ice on them, usually I haven't done anything to them directly, but they are resting against the windshield, so when the windshield heats up from the AC, the ice eventually melts off the wipers. One particularly unpleasant situation is when it's snowing or raining when you're supposed to drive, so you absolutely need the wipers for visibility. On those days I might try to break off the larger chunks of ice from the wipers (or spray them repeatedly), and just generally wait with the engine idling and AC blasting away until I was confident the wipers were ice-free and soft enough to actually wipe instead of jumping all over the glass.

Lenke til kommentar

Hva med å slippe å fjerne snø på frontruten?! Dette er faktisk alt du trenger for å løse problemet. Skraper du vinduet blir det til slutt fullt av stygge riper i glasset.

https://www.clasohlson.com/no/Frontrutebeskyttelse/p/41-1075?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=google surfaces&gclid=Cj0KCQiA9OiPBhCOARIsAI0y71D4lhRgEP6gLfs4Hg5J-GWbgGsGE0zFVP2ytaAq4dP7-guJlPJhnwYaAhYEEALw_wcB

Lenke til kommentar
Gjest Slettet+6132
APZ171RW skrev (På 1.2.2022 den 13.18):

If the temperature difference is large you may end up with a cracked windscreen.

An urban myth. If its sunny and 30 degrees C and it suddenly starts raining, do all the cars windscreens crack. Not.

Lenke til kommentar
Gjest Slettet+6132
peterjohn skrev (På 1.2.2022 den 11.49):

How about start the engine and switch on the all the heaters, this may take more then ten minute to get rid of some ice.

Good idea. It works fine. But not for the environment.... Keep the snow on the car until you can see/feel the ice melting a little, then start scraping. The light snow is extremely isolating and keeps the heat from leaving (radiate) to the cold outside and will save you some calories 🙂

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...