Gå til innhold

Highbury - Proud to be a Gooner!

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

Jeg skulle egentlig ønske at Wenger var mer oppriktig i sine uttalelser. Det er greit å beskytte spillere for støy også videre, men det får da være grenser i noen tilfeller.

Jeg skjønner hva du mener. Men jo mer jeg tenker på det, desto mer forstår jeg Wenger i dette tilfellet. Om dealen ikke hadde blitt noe av, ville det (at Wenger hadde fortalt om at avtalen var under forhandling) ført til at Arshavin hadde blitt enda mindre populær hos fansen.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar

Jeg mener det er synd vi låner han ut i stedet for å faktisk forsøke å spille han i posisjonen han har vist han kan være verdensklasse.

Han kommer vel til å få en ny vår i Zenit, før vi henter han tilbake og ødelegger han igjen.

Han var knall på vingen i sin første tid i klubben, og han får ofte samme kritikk når han spiller sentralt for Russland om dagen som når han spiller på vingen for oss. Det er ikke posisjonen, det er spilleren.

Forresten, jeg veit at det er The Sun, men denne er verdt å lese.

By ROBIN VAN PERSIE

Published: 25 Feb 2012

I REALISE there is lots of speculation about my future at the moment.

But, rest assured, the only thing in my mind right now is to get Arsenal Football Club back on track and finish the season strong.

I'm just thinking about Arsenal right now and nobody else.

I'm thinking about the here and now.

I'm thinking about beating Tottenham at home.

I'm thinking about a top-four finish to ensure there is Champions League football for Arsenal yet again next season.

That would be great.

And I'm thinking about an early goal against Milan and trying to pull off the improbable.

That would be incredible.

I'm thinking about how the Arsenal fans would love that.

How they'd deserve that after a really difficult season.

So I hope that makes things crystal clear. It's only about Arsenal Football Club.

A great football club with a great history, great traditions and huge expectations.

I honestly believe this team has quality and can finish strong. We have come back so strongly after a disappointing start. Believe me, that took massive strength of character.

That needed a real belief that we could fight back and be up there for the final run-in... and we are.

Now we need to do exactly the same again. I am sure we can.

There's definitely no point looking back. What's done is done, nothing can be changed now.

But we can do something about the future. We can make sure we finish the season in true Arsenal style to do ourselves justice and give the fans a real thrill.

There's no time to waste, though.

We need to start right now and we have the very, very best of incentives.

It's Tottenham at the Emirates and it doesn't come any better than that.

As players, we also need to look within ourselves for the solutions, knowing we can individually and collectively produce performances that can tear any team.

We owe it to our manager and — even more — to our fans. It hurts that Arsene Wenger has had to suffer the criticism he has. It's a collective sport and there are many reasons why we have not produced the results.

The last couple of games have just not been good enough. And I personally feel responsible for this as the captain of the team.

We won't look for excuses at all. We know where we stand and what we want and will do everything in our power to improve our game and keep winning matches.

This game against Tottenham is probably the biggest game of the season for us and the supporters.

We have amazing fans. It was unbelievable again to see all these fans from across the country and abroad supporting us at Sunderland after a bad loss three days earlier.

I honestly think we have the best supporters. They are there through thick and thin.

Arsenal in full flow are a match for anyone.

If Arsenal aren't playing to that high standard, with the flair, pace, excitement and passion we are renowned for, we all feel it.

We want to win and play great football at the same time.

A win against Spurs would protect our position in fourth and keep us ahead of those chasing.

Chelsea, Liverpool and Newcastle have all had similar seasons to us. Inconsistent. Some great wins, disappointing draws and defeats.

So why shouldn't it be Arsenal who take charge at this crucial point of the season?

If we can play at our best, I still think we can finish with a flourish.

OK, we have to be realistic. The Premier League title is beyond us and, maybe, second place too.

But while fourth would be good, I haven't given up on third place. Why not? This is football, after all.

Tre gode resultater i de neste kampene i PL til å backe opp disse ordene hadde vært fantastisk.

Endret av Atald
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...