Gå til innhold

Oversettelsestråden - spør og få svar

Cuneax

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

Haha, trust me, I have no obsession whatsoever with speaking proper English. I'm using the English I was taught from my friends and neighbors in Wisconsin growing up. Without knowing what Eksboks intends to do with this sentence, I merely wanted nothing more than to cover all bases and make sure it was grammatically correct if the situation called for it.

What is "colloquial" differs from place to place. Krones isn't all to rarely heard, but kroner in both the singular and plural forms is probably what I hear the most, while others again use what you wrote. Don't be so sensitive, I'm just trying to help out.

Endret av Ulvar
Lenke til kommentar

Haha, trust me, I have no obsession whatsoever with speaking proper English. I'm using the English I was taught from my friends and neighbors in Wisconsin growing up. Without knowing what Eksboks intends to do with this sentence, I merely wanted nothing more than to cover all bases and make sure it was grammatically correct if the situation called for it.

What is "colloquial" differs from place to place. Krones isn't all to rarely heard, but kroner in both the singular and plural forms is probably what I hear the most, while others again use what you wrote. Don't be so sensitive, I'm just trying to help out.

I would say that most americans don't even know what language norwegians speak, which is probably the most common question I get when talking about Det Gamle Landet. It should not be surprising that there is confusion about the currency and how to say it. If you are from Wisconsin though, knowledge about Scandinavia is probably the highest level in the country. In Stoughton around 17de Mai the Norwegian flags are everywhere. In Cincinnati, it is comically Wie Gehts, y'all.?

What I found when I lived in Norway and when I studied Spanish in school was that when you are learning a language it is easy to get tripped up in the details and rules without realizing that most people don't think about the rules very much when speaking their mother tongues, they copy each other and it changes all the time. Yes, we all learn in school what is "proper" but revert back to our improper style when out of language class.

My goal has always been not to speak "correct" Norwegian but to speak like the natives do complete with dialect and abuse of the language. To me, the hardest thing is to choose the right words in the right order and not sound "foreign" . One can speak gramatically correct Norwegian or English but still sound foreign, our instinct is to translate our pre-programmed mother tongue directly. This is where local speakers can be so useful, at times more useful than language teachers, if your goal is to be like the locals. If your goal is to get a good grade in school, then gramatically correct is the way to go.

Lenke til kommentar

Noen her som kan hjelpe meg med å oversette en kort tysk stil? Ville vært utrolig bra, please!! :))

Jeg skulle til å spørre deg hva du allerede har fått til - når jeg begynte å lure på hvorfor du vil oversette en tysk stil ?

Hjelp til å skrive den kunne jeg forstå, hjelp til å bedømme den kunne jeg forstå, men å oversette den ?

Lenke til kommentar

Ja, det er akkurat det eg meiner. At eit bilete er tatt med rask lukkartid (fast shutter) er irrelevant i den samanheng. Til dømes om du har kameraet på stativ og tek eit bilete med 30 sekund lukkartid som fanger opp eit enormt lyn, so kan ein seie at det er eit blinkskot, men det er jo slett ikkje kort lukkartid.

Om det finst noko engelsk ord/uttrykk for blinkskot veit eg ikkje, men du kan vel alltids skrive «great shot» eller noko i den dur.

Endret av Torbjørn T.
Lenke til kommentar

Må det være noe som beveger seg som du fanger eller bare et unikt bilde?

Nei det behøver ikke nøvendigvis bevege seg noe spesielt. Bare at man har tatt det i et spesielt heldig øyeblikk.

Som det ligger i uttrykket: man har "truffet blink"- Et unikt bilde kan du si ja.

Endret av Delvis
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...