Gå til innhold

Geforce GTX 9xx Tråden

Anbefalte innlegg

Selfølgelig vil to like kort ha likt støynivå.. Men 7970 og 670 er ikke like, annet enn at kjølerene er av samme type.

Jeg hadde referanse 7970, referanse 670 og nå referanse 980Ti. Alle samme type kjøler, men 7970 bråker mer..

Endret av Simkin
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Strato, i den posten du skriver "en vifte er en vifte" så se på det du quoter, han har hatt 7970, 670 og 980. Litt usikker på om det er noe tredjeparts kjøler som har overlevd uten forandring fra 7970 kortet og fram til 980, om så twinfrozer eller powercooler skulle ha samme kjøler har di sikkert justert noe på viftene fram til 980 kortet.

Å det er jo du som skravler om og snakke om eksakt samme kjølere hvis en vifte er en vifte for at støynivået skal være likt.

Å når han snakker om kort som mest sannsynlig ikke har hatt like kjølere så er det jo du som har missforstått? :)

Edit: ser nå det er snakk om reff kjølere her men dem er jo heller ikke like fra AMD til nvidia så blir jo samme sak :p

Endret av Trondz1
Lenke til kommentar

Interessant utspill fra Kingpin på OCN i dag:

linky

Right on..

Based on the comments in the thread, maybe best its best to let you guys know(who don't already) a little bit about what ASIC is and how it relates to this card or any other card for that matter past or present. 
I'll hang out here a bit and check back often to answer any questions by OC.net'rs about the card, ASIC, pricing, air performance, ln2 performance, ANYTHING  :).
I would rather respond with the correct information directly to someone, than see that person repeating the wrong information. They haven't started selling just yet AFIK..
Ill answer some of the questions I've seen asked already to get a start.

ASIC is not a new "measurement" , its been around for a very long time. Only just recently is it available to be seen through public utility though(gpuz). It represents a few measurements on a GPU, not just one as many think. Basically it measures the performance ability of a gpu at a given voltage. There is another measurement of leakage as well. These two values represent "ASIC" as you guys know it.
Without talking about numbers or percentages yet, higher ASIC quality means a GPU will require less voltage to run at say default specs. What does this mean roughly? It means that this GPU is using less voltage and is generating less heat per clock than a lower ASIC counterpart. HOWEVER it also means the voltage limit of what it can take on air as well as the voltage response getting weaker/noisy. Here comes the leakage part. Highest ASIC gpus have also have the highest leakage, low ASIC gpus have lowest leakage. The two values scale linearly. This is why the lowest ASIC cards are the ones that can take loads of voltage on air, and the response is good. Usually these low asic cards can OUT OVERCLOCK their higher asic counterparts because they end up scaling higher on clocks maxed out with the benefit of the voltage increase that the high ASIC cards cannot. They are stuck on lower volts because the leakage is already very high. 

How does ASIC relate to air overclocking? Typically a higher ASIC gpu will overclock nicely on default voltage/air cooling, yielding highest overclocks WITHOUT any voltage increase. Less voltage/less heat. Lower ASIC gpu will need to use more voltage for a given clock as the higher ASIC one. Back in the Kepler days, this meant great air/water overclocking on our 680's and 780's. I remember posting a thread at evga explaining to people that they needed to use 1.4v+ (at dmm) to max out their classified gpus on air. God I miss those days  :).  Back then, the best gpus on air/water were the low asic ones, they could always oc/ov the highest. Times have changed, and this doesn't apply to maxwell however.

How does ASIC relate to Maxwell Air overclocking?  With maxwell gpus the above definitions of ASIC do not apply Well you guys know maxwell 980,980ti, titanx have ambient  cooling voltage limit on what v's you can give it on air/water. That's just the way it is. Its been proven over and over on every single manuf brand 980,titanx, 980ti. kp980 owners as well, no different. These gpus don't like voltage on air over 1.22-1.23v usually max. Just green garbage all over the screen with more, no better clocks. Best clocks usually achieved with stock voltage or maybe slightly higher.
So given what we know about ASIC quality and the voltage scaling capability of 980,980ti,t-x on air/water(NONE), it indicates the best gpus on 980Ti, will be the ones that can overclock the highest on default voltage or near default voltage. Ever noticed why almost every single review of 980ti (any brand) is around 1500mhz? The reviewer never can never add much voltage  for better OC result.
I'm mostly an Ln2 person, but some users complaining about 980kpe not overclocking on air prompted me to try and make a better bios for ambient that would allow voltage. I managed a slight improvement that works on some cards, that's about it. But I learned a lot about the scaling of Maxwell on Air during that time and how we could if anything improve on this with KP980TI.

How does ASIC relate to LN2 overclocking and more specifically kp980ti?
As explained above, higher asic = higher leakage. Leakage is actually a good thing and can be contained on LN2 cooling. Cards with more leakage will run a bit hotter, usually extending cold limits on gpus and getting more core MHZ on LN2. Every overclocker wants every last mhz right? Higher ASIC GPUS  also have better memory controllers and typically can overclock the memory very high on LN2. Lower ASIC gpus usually are not so good at driving the memory on Ln2 and the overclocker will lose a lot of MHZ when going cold.
Lastly, every serious overclocker knows the highest ASIC gpus use the least amount of voltage for any given clock. This means these gpus will always have the highest potential for scaling to the absolute highest clock on LN2, because most 980ti gpus max out around the same voltage level on the high end max max ln2 as well. Wouldn't you want the most clock you could get for that voltage  :). KP card pushes them all the way. Unless its a lemon gpu (cant test every single one on ln2 lol), it will max out on this card.

Does high ASIC guarantee highest clocks on air? NO. The other part of ASIC which is Leakage is high on these, so that can actually hold back some high asic gpus on air. This doesn't mean its bad on Ln2 as well, and usually the contrary. I Tested around 15 pieces or so of KP980Ti these days, all different asic levels. Some as high as 81% all the way to 64% (which we wont even sell  :) the average clocks on air were roughly 1550mhz Lowest was 1526mhz, highest was 1592mhz . Seemed like every card went to 1539mhz or so  :) Most of the higher asic cards did as expected and hit the upper 1550's. None could pass 1600mhz, but some came really close! Those were mostly higher ASIC%'s. You should know that every kp980ti is binned gpu and even the minimum ASIC level for any card is very high compared to average. A 70-72% asic card is a great card. Reviewers should be hitting low to mid 1500's on avg and some cards hitting close to 1600. If your an air/water guy and don't plan to run ln2, I think no matter what asic level of card you get, it will do mid-low 1500's and there is a chance on all kp 980Tis regardless of asic to hit the magic 1600. Still need some luck too, leakage can limit this. For the hardcore users or the ones that may run ln2, I would think more seriously about asic and the time/money you can save buy getting something closer to what you want. Being an Ln2 overclocker myself, I feel this buy is mostly for you.

Does ASIC % guarantee highest clocks on LN2? No it doesn't, it is only an indicator of what to expect. EVGA is giving the chance for customers to zero in on exactly on what you want. Some users will try many cards to find the highest asics for best LN2 overclocking, its not a new thing. The highest ASIC gpus will almost always be the best ones on LN2 as explained above. These are the users we mostly are targeting with this. The ones that end up buying and trying lots of cards to find the one gem, almost always a high ASIC card. They will end up spending much more than the price difference of kp980ti high asic and wasting lots of time in the process. This is geared for them.

Are we binning gpus away from other cards to make this one (classy or other)?. LOL I wish, but no way that's possible or anyone would even let me do that haha. For sure there will be guys on classys or other cards who find a high asic gpu here or there and im sure they will let us all know they paid XXXX lower than what someone paid for their KP and still got a high asic. 
KP980ti is very special card in many ways hw wise. This is just one special added buying option for our more hardcore users on first few batches directly from us, that's all  :)

Anything I didn't cover or you want to know something specifically about the card, I'm happy to answer.

Endret av TheRipper3
  • Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar

Noen som vet hva som vil skje med mitt 980Ti når jeg (muligens) oppgraderer til Win 10 den 29. Juli? Bør jeg avinstallere alt av nvidia-drivere før jeg oppgraderer? Jeg kjører nå Win 8.1 64-bit. Som dere sikkert skjønner er det blåskjerm jeg frykter i oppstart av ny windows, hvis gamle drivere fucker det til.

PS: Jeg snakker selvfølgelig om den gratis oppgraderingen fra Win 8.1 til Win 10 som jeg takket ja til før en eller annen frist jeg ikke husker når var. Pleier alltid kjøpe meg original windows å ta fresh install, når det kommer nytt, men ble for fristende å takke ja til gratis denne gang :D

Endret av Theodor1979
Lenke til kommentar

Da fyra jeg opp vannkjøling på msi 980ti  :)

Brrr så kaldt det ble, idler på 25c,

Men jeg kjører den på 12 v en stund til.

2 grader varmere enn på mitt kort på luft med viftene på 75% (grensen hvor jeg såvidt hører viftene)  :) med 1417Mhz på kjernen..

Endret av Bahamut
Lenke til kommentar

Da fyra jeg opp vannkjøling på msi 980ti :)

Brrr så kaldt det ble, idler på 25c,

Men jeg kjører den på 12 v en stund til.

2 grader varmere enn på mitt kort på luft med viftene på 75% (grensen hvor jeg såvidt hører viftene) :) med 1417Mhz på kjernen..

Full load er jo det som teller :) Hva har dere der?

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...