Gå til innhold

Gothic 4 Diskusjonstråd!

Anbefalte innlegg

Ser dette jeg også, men å skape stemning i spill og å skape hollywoodkvalitet filmsekvenser er forskjellige ting selv om de låner mange elementer av hverandre (mis èn scene relatert) så jeg vil ikke bedømme spillet på klippen og stemmen.

Jeg er 95% sikker på at det blir kjøp for min del, rett og slett på grunn av tørke for RPG`er satt til store naturområder for tiden, og omgivelsene i dette ser ut til å være i toppklasse. Det eneste ankepunktet blir om gamer.no gir det en 4\10 :-)

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Huff da:

Here are the revised system specs (note that a Core2Duo CPU isn't sufficient, and 3 GB RAM is also required to "comfortably play the game." The video card requirements are more modest and should raise less issues:

Processor Min: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X4 2.2Ghz (or Tri-core like AMD Phenom X3)

Ram Min: 3GB

Video Card for minimum playability: Geforce 8800 GTX / ATI HD 2600 Pro

Video Card for best results: Geforce 280 GTX / ATI HD 4800 or higher

Core2Duo skal visst være umulig å spille på...

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11294

Here's some additional information on this matter:

- The build I have of Arcania Gothic 4 was sent to me review. It is not final code - the PC version is being finalized now, but the publisher was willing to have it judged and reviewed because it was considered sufficiently close by the Publisher to submit for review.

- The game was unplayable on my system — a core 2 duo 6700, 267 ghz; 4 GB RAM (but effectively less, since running Win XP SP3); Geforce GTX 285 — all drivers up to date, I was getting under 10 fps.

- Sent a dxdiag.txt to the Publisher — Publisher sent 3 individuals to personally check out my system and found nothing wrong.

- After further compatibility testing at their own shop, the publisher reps confirmed that the problem was the system requirements floating around the internet are outdated. The new ones provide that the Core 2 Duo is capable of running the game, but is not recommended.

I asked: so you guys are convinced that the problem is the CPU - I do not want to review this game based upon a premature build - are you sure there isn't an optimization issue here that a later build of the wouldn't help?

And was told they could send a newer version when it went gold, but they were not convinced that it would help. It was compatibility testing reports (about 150 configurations that led us to the conclusion that the core 2 duo was the problem.

I then asked for the publisher to send along official required specs so we can make sure let our readers know.

And was told:

To comfortable play the game, readers should acquire at least the following:

Processor Min: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X4 2.2Ghz (or Tri-core like AMD Phenom X3)

Ram Min: 3GB

Video Card for minimum playability: Geforce 8800 GTX / ATI HD 2600 Pro

Video Card for best results: Geforce 280 GTX / ATI HD 4800 or higher

HDD: 10GB

I posted that information to inform fellow RPG fans of my experience and the revised system requirements provided by the publisher so that RPG fans wouldn't get burned buying a game they couldn't run on their current system.

Hopefully the publisher representatives were wrong, and that the game will be further optimized prior to release, and/or there was another problem/incompatability with the build or my set up that neither I, nor the 3 publisher representatives and their QA/compatibiility tests/team could diagnose.

But I didn't want anyone to get burned so I posted what information I had to help you to make more informed decisions — good luck, and happy gaming.

Endret av krist2
Lenke til kommentar

Jeg betviler at det ikke vil fungere med en Core2Duo. De fleste spill krever ikke spesielt høy prosessorkraft så lenge man har en bra nok skjermkort. Blir spennende å se!

Leste en tråd på rpgcodex.net som omtalte dette emnet. Der var det en betatester med core2duo som kjørt spillet uten problemer. Hvis han snakker sant da

Lenke til kommentar
DreamCatcher here!

September 3rd, 2010, 23:45

We have to thank Desslock for bringing the issue of that particular Core 2 Duo CPU model to our attention. Do note that the requirements are in flux until we are happy with our final product, and only then would reliable requirements be available from us.

The issue Desslock encountered was touched upon during our compatibility tests and was not so much an issue of CPU performance but more an issue with that line of CPU’s and a jittering caused in game regardless of other game settings. To clarify, the game does in fact run well on lower end systems than the requirements described to Desslock via e-mail, cpu included. However, to provide the best max settings experience with absolutely no issues we had provided those specs as a recommendation in hopes of improving his experience.

In the mean time we’ve been looking at the cause of the processor issue and any other fairly unreasonable hardware requirements while we near our final version of ArcaniA.

Lenke til kommentar

Det er kommet oppdaterte system requirements. Link

PC Minimum Requirements

* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.8 GHz / AMD Athlon II x2 @ 2.8 GHz

* Memory: 2 GB RAM

* Graphics:GeForce 8800 GTX

* DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c or higher

* Hard Drive: 9 GB HDD Space

* Sound: DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card

PC Recommended Requirements

* Processor: Intel Core I7 @ 3 GHz / AMD Phenom II x4 @ 3 GHz

* Memory: 4 GB RAM

* Graphics: GeForce GTX 295

* DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c or higher

* Hard Drive: 9 GB HDD Space

* Sound: DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card

Endret av Samojed
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...