Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Im running the Coopertest tomorrow, damn i hate running.

The Cooper test is okay. It's just 12 minutes of running at a reasonable speed. The beep test is so much worse, it makes me want to puke every time.

I have a habit of eating like 10 minutes before the PE, though, so that might be why. :p

Endret av Henrik B
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Heh, you know what? In my 3 years in school (gymnaset) I never ran the cooper test once. I always managed to "get away" from it somehow, as well as when we were running long distances I managed to talk myself out of it to do some work on a spinning bike or something, well away from the teacher. So I only had to pretend I was doing something when he stopped by every 20 minute or so :)

The worst thing is that I got a reasonable good grade in Gym, a 4. I have no idea how I managed that but somehow I did :p

Endret av Bear^
Lenke til kommentar

The only Cooper test that matter is this:

alice_cooper.gif

Or? :whistle:

Anyway.

I wonder what my results would've been. I'm not exactly the "physical" kind of guy, and since I never went to the army either I have not exactly had too much of that work despite that I have gone to the gym, and should so to speak do it still. Heh, I remember I got the letter from the recruitment office when I was 22, I think. It so nicely said that unless I got a degree that they would need - such as medical or engineer - they would not take me in. 1 year later I got my discharge papers telling I was deleted from their records and wouldn't have to serve at all. So in case of war, do not look for me, I will be several meters under ground in my concrete bunker.

To be honest though I really don't see the need of that forced recruitment, let those who want to serve the country do so. But if a war should break out the so called Norwegian defence would be wiped out faster than the defence of Norway during the fatal night in April 1940. Even then Norway's defences was stronger than they are today, if a war should happen we're pretty much fucked. Everyone has nukes but us, and while the others blow the shit out of each other we have our little ol' Prime minister going like Mrs Lovejoy "Will someone PLEASE think of the environment" in the middle of the battlefield. Norway is worth jack shit in the terms if world armed forces, we're playing Switzerland while the rest of the world prepare for the inevitable. Humans simply can't exist too close to each other, we're territorial, if someone messes with our "turf" we blow the shit out of them. So I rather enjoy the peace while it lasts.

Lenke til kommentar

True, but most active norwegian military forces are used for peacekeeping and holding down certain landareas in Afghanistan and such, rather than defending Norway itself. I do agree that manditory militaryservice is rather useless, but seeing as it gets harder and harder to get in by each year, I wouldn't think It'd be a problem for much longer.

Lenke til kommentar
  • 1 måned senere...

:ermm: Hello~

I'm pretty new to this forum so I'm not familiar with many things but I thought this thread was interesting.

Everyone's English here is pretty swell :wee:

I don't really have much to say but I wouldn't mind chatting with any of you or popping in here once in a while.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...