Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

Around 15 - 17 degrees is just perfect for me. Anything over 20 is hot. Anything over 25 kills me.

I'm going to stop posting in the Vannkjølling forum. It's just too much of a joke. I keep wanting to strangle people for recommending tourist systems. Best I just ignore it completely.

Edit: "I rolled up my pant legs." Gotta specify the legs. Hard to fold up your pants while you're in them. lol

Endret av Moraelyn
Lenke til kommentar

The idea of making English the official language of Norway has crossed my mind multiple times. It may not be a very patriotic thought, but what a convenience it would be! We would get rid of the eternal fight between Bokmål and Nynorsk, without having to choose one of them. Communication with the rest of the world would become a lot easier. And it would make room for a new second language (e.g. German, French, Spanish, maybe Russian, even Chinese), and we might even manage to learn it, in much contrast to the puny attempt at learning a third language in school nowadays.

(Funnily, it is usually late at night that I get such ideas.)

Endret av Henrik B
Lenke til kommentar
The idea of making English the official language of Norway has crossed my mind multiple times. It may not be a very patriotic thought, but what a convenience it would be! We would get rid of the eternal fight between Bokmål and Nynorsk, without having to choose one of them. Communication with the rest of the world would become a lot easier. And it would make room for a new second language (e.g. German, French, Spanish, maybe Russian, even Chinese), and we might even manage to learn it, in much contrast to the puny attempt at learning a third language in school nowadays.

(Funnily, it is usually late at night that I get such ideas.)

I've played with that idea many times as well, and after some discussion, I think half the class agreed that it would indeed be very convenient to speak English, and keep Norwegian and history combined (and possibly add a few extra hours each week), so we don't lose our cultural and historical backgrounds.

That way we could actually speak proper English at a young age, and we could still keep some of our old language alive.

The problem however, is making this happen. I personally don't think it's going to happen in my lifetime, but I would love to see this happen!

Lenke til kommentar

or Irish English.

Having to choose between Brit English and American English is like having to choose between anthrax and Zyclon B..

no desired outcome will come from that.

on the other hand if English became the official language in Norway we would loose the last remaining light of patriotism we have left.

and i would rather see we actually celebrating 8 of may than walk around with our crap English for a decade or two.

Lenke til kommentar

Let's not forget that we're not really speaking Norwegian - we're basically speaking Danish. That part of our cultural heritage was already lost hundreds of year ago, so would it really matter if we ditched this Danish-Norwegian hybrid in favour for English? As for as accent goes, I would personally vote for Scottish. It's the accent that has the closest resemblance to Norwegian (I think), and IMHO it sounds bloody cool too.

Of course this is not gonna happen, but it's fun playing with the idea :)

Lenke til kommentar

I fear the accent would be "Dis has bin my bigest drim in te hole world" :)

But I've played with the thought myself a couple of times and I think it would've been a very nice idea. At least we would be rid of Nynorsk, a lanuage I truly and utterly hate. For some strange reason however I managed to flunk in Bokmål when I graduated from Videregående (forgot what it would be in English, again, call me Goldy Goldfish) yet I passed NyNorsk. Strange.

Lenke til kommentar

Strange things does indeed happen. Just this last year my average grade in English literature was 5, but somehow i still managed to cock up the exam, and ended up with 1. And the same thing happened the year before when I had Internasjonal engelsk - got 6 on the all-day test, and later 2 on the exam. I still have no clue why I have this habit of cocking up English exams. :(

Lenke til kommentar
Hi folks! ;)

I find it somewhat easier to talk and find the right words in english than in norwegian.

Maybe because of movies and music, but does english actually have a broader vocabulary compared to norwegian?

I completely agree with you! Often I find myself searching for the Norwegian words equivalent to the English which are in my head. I hope you understand :p

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...