Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

High school.

I'm at school now! It's (censored) booring.

We got the day off :D

Same here. That's not a positive thing, though. My class have got Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of because the rest of tenth grade is having their oral exam. I would much rather do that now than next week.

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

It's a bit hard to say, as the british has a school-system that is required until you're 17 years old. The brits usually start at Universities as 18 year olds.

*edit*

of course, that again is scrambled if you look at the Americans...

*edit*

I guess High School is the most fitting, even if American High Schools are from 14/15 to 17/18.

Endret av Slimda
Lenke til kommentar
Yeah, i have only 1 year aproximatly before i start at ***** (hva er vgs på Engelsk?)

I just came back from a year of studying in Cambridge and my tutor told me that VGS is approximately the same as Sixth Form in GB. In the US there is another educational system and I think it is High School there.

Lenke til kommentar

I'm also gonna set up a gaming-beast this summer (the components have been lurking in the attic for quite some time now), but after that I'm just gonna sell it. Haven't got time for gaming anymore, and in august I'll be moving to Buskerud, so got no use for it whatsoever. Instead I'll be purchasing a shiny new Macbook, and for that I need "bees and honey".

Lenke til kommentar
What trigger your decisions to invest in new hardware? I mean major upgrades like new motherboard in particular. How long do you run on insufficient resources before you do a major upgrade?

I've been running on a Socket A motherboard for years. Sure, I feel like getting something newer now and then, but I figure I don't really need to.

My main summer activity will be playing Minesweeper. When I'm tired of that I'll read through the twenty new books I've purchased or found in the attic. Sometimes, the thought "I should get a life" crosses my mind, but I just shake it off. :p

Lenke til kommentar
What trigger your decisions to invest in new hardware? I mean major upgrades like new motherboard in particular. How long do you run on insufficient resources before you do a major upgrade?

I've been running on a Socket A motherboard for years. Sure, I feel like getting something newer now and then, but I figure I don't really need to.

My main summer activity will be playing Minesweeper. When I'm tired of that I'll read through the twenty new books I've purchased or found in the attic. Sometimes, the thought "I should get a life" crosses my mind, but I just shake it off. :p

Good old AMD socket A... Actually that was my previous motherboard, still occasionally used for experiments (Linux, fileserver, file storage etc). Equipped the versatile AMD Duron, it was more then enough running any apps aveilable in 2003, but of course, slowly becoming insufficient as the resource demands from apps, os, games, internet and video increase for every year.

Most important is that it seems that the graphic card needs to be upgraded at least twice the rate of the motherboard/processor.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...