Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

I fail to see how the leaders manage to keep themselves satisfied with the current laws. They're utterly ridiculus and that's pretty much all there is to it. We need change and we need it now.

Yes, there has been a need for change in the current law system for a very long time, there's a good few laws who doesn't make any sense at all. Let me given you a brief example, this are some strange laws that you will find the the US:

Alabama:

1. It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.

California:

1. Community leaders passed an ordinance that makes it illegal for anyone

to try and stop a child from playfully jumping over puddles of water.

Connecticut:

1. You can be stopped by the police for biking over 65 miles per hour.

2. You are not allowed to walk across a street on your hands.

Florida:

1. Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the salon owner.

2. A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or

she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.

3. If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee

has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.

4. It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.

5. Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Here's a few others I remember:

1 - It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.

2 - In the city of York, it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.

Old laws, but still funny how they still hang on to them

Lenke til kommentar
Gjest Slettet+981287349

I read about Scientology today, and I wondered what makes people belive this:

From Wikipedia:

"Scientology is based on the belif of a intergalactic dictator, by the name Xenu, who bringed aliens to earth and killed them with hydrogen bombs and their restless spirits is nagging the human kind today."
Endret av Slettet+981287349
Lenke til kommentar

In my opinion is all religion the same. They speak of 1 higher power (the dictator) who see everything we do and judge us by it. And if we don't behave he will smite us all down for not doing what he said we should do.

Religion is crazy if you ask me, however what's even crazier is that people would go as far as to kill for it.

Lenke til kommentar
Doesnt the number of nm describe the gap between the transistors, and not the physical size of the transistor?

EDIT: http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/intel...?i=3513&p=5

How could it be lower temps just because they are closer? Having the transistors closer without shrinking them will make the processor hotter IMO. If they dont shrink the transistor wont it produce just as much heat?

I'm trying to understand this, correct me if i'm wrong.

Lenke til kommentar

"I have against God, it's his followers i can't stand"

I want to add something to the religion discussion,

I believe religion can be good for so many people.

I believe that they are thought ethics and understanding on a different level from religion,

note: we only hear/read about the fanatics who took it one step too far.

so I believe that religion as media has made it is not good for anyone,

but religion for the ones we don't read/hear about is good.

I myself don't believe there is a higher power or anything like that,

and wish not to be "lead" by someone else as if I was not my own being.

Lenke til kommentar
"I have against God, it's his followers i can't stand"

I want to add something to the religion discussion,

I believe religion can be good for so many people.

I believe that they are thought ethics and understanding on a different level from religion,

note: we only hear/read about the fanatics who took it one step too far.

I myself don't believe there is a higher power or anything like that,

and wish not to be "lead" by someone else as if I was not my own being.

Perhaps, but even though - I still see religion as a tumor that's holding humanity back in many ways.

Lenke til kommentar

The masses are the true power of the fanatics. If everyone came to their sences we wouldn't have to hear glamour-girls sing either.

Perhaps, but even though - I still see religion as a tumor that's holding humanity back in many ways.

+1

Religion ceeps people in a small box where life has a meaning and the end is a blessing.

It hinders free thought and slows down evolution. If there was no religion and no dispute aboute it. think of all the time we would get. everyone thougt for them selvs. hell.. we might even find proof of a devine god, perhaps even the excistanse of the flying spaghetti monster.

crysis in the middle east? never again. no one blowing them selves up in the name of their god. no one waging war on the hedens.

and all the coverups that would have to find a new place to hide! :p

dam. just think..

edit: We don't need religion and the world would be better of without it..

Endret av 2ball(s)
Lenke til kommentar

If it's aliens from above or divine people still need something to believe in, something that perhaps might help them, something that can come and aid them when the life is hard, and for those people religion is the source of the day, they need it as much as an alcoholic needs his booze.

People can believe what they want to believe, it isn't my job to judge people. However I think those who have a religion should respect that some people don't need, want or care for any religion, they are content as they have it. The major problem as I see it is that those who have a religion to hold on to try to convince others that they have the only right way and everyone else is going to damnation and fast. I don't think it's OK that they start scaring people just to convince them otherwise and saw doubt in their minds just to convince them. What I also don't find any way OK is that they kill in the name of their God, even though they are contradicting themselves as much as it's possible by committing murder. Though the hide it behind the statement that it's OK to punish those who don't believe as they do.

Religion is fine, as long as those who do believe in those religious things respect other peoples view. They yell after respect from others but they are not the ones who respect others.

Lenke til kommentar
Here's a few others I remember:

1 - It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.

2 - In the city of York, it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.

Old laws, but still funny how they still hang on to them

haha! A Scotsmaan with a bow and arrow within the ancient city walls must be a rare thing to see i gues :p

Endret av Kjetil_90
Lenke til kommentar

Damn. I fail! :( "wannabe smart" :w00t:

Now im ambaresed. Sorry if im spelling wrong.

Worked 11 hours every day this week. 66 hours this week or something. So now im drinking vodka and sprite, alone. Me and my girl friend is "sjåførs" tonight. But she went out because she is driving 4 girls to a party. So now im drinking alone. :yes:

Endret av Kjetil_90
Lenke til kommentar

Well in this new days the cops can plant some evidence to get someone convicted that they see fit. Those days perhaps everyone tried to catch a scotsman with a bow, and an arrow, just to be rid of one more.

Anyone remember the "Scotsman suicide school" from Monty Python?

Endret av Bear^
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...