Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse
Gjest Slettet+981287349

Have been looking for a thread like this, so this thread goes into my favorites.

What is the plan for the weekend, fellow forummembers ?

Lenke til kommentar

Hi there,

I'm wondering about a legal-issue. If one buys, say, an album and downloads the albums' content from the internet - would that be a illegal act? Since you're already in possession of the album and all it contains, is it thereby legalized, or is it still illegal? The content of the CD/album could easily be ripped onto the PC, making it in a digital form, just like what you would download. Just a hypothetical thought that passed by.

Endret av Mr.Graves
Lenke til kommentar
Hi there,

I'm wondering about a legal-issue. If one buys, say, an album and downloads the albums' content from the internet - would that be a illegal act? Since you're already in possession of the album and all it contains, is it thereby legalized, or is it still illegal? The content of the CD/album could easily be ripped onto the PC, making it in a digital form, just like what you would download. Just a hypothetical thought that passed by.

That would be unfortunately illegal. If you however have the original album and make a copy of that then it would be something else. What you download isn't your copy and such it would be, in the face of legality, against the law. You have to make a copy of your own CD or album for it to be in the face of law legal.

The same question however has been up for debate regarding per example emulation and the downloading of games you already own. It's as per today legal to have an emulator on your computer but every game you download is illegal since you can only copy your own games and use them. The debate however has been on the point that you can't copy your own game. It's a cache 22 problem yes.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...