Cuneax

Oversettelsestråden - spør og få svar

Thanks, it was really enjoyable to discover how easy it was listening to Bokmål for the first tme with little need to turn on the subtitles. Presumably the Voss and/or Sauda folk can understand written and spoken Bokmål ?

I think there are probably similar parallels to dialects in the more northern parts of Scotland and the Isles as well which only the locals can distinguish, so it would be interesting to compare the above two geographical regions at some stage.

Celtic Mists skrev (57 minutter siden):

I think there are probably similar parallels to dialects in the more northern parts of Scotland and the Isles

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Category:Scots_terms_derived_from_Old_Norse

You're welcome! Even "kilt" is said to come from the verb "kjalta", which means to fold. (I've never heard the verb "kjalta" in use.) Very interesting to see a list of the geographical names of Shetland, it was very informative. 

The Western folk will know bokmål, as they have listened to TV and radio. It's very rare to find someone who never listened to TV or radio.