Gå til innhold

Prove that the earth is not flat

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi,

I'm from Germany and I don't speak the norgwegian language. But I need help of a norwegian citizen. The more in the north you live, the better.

I have a friend who believes that the earth ist flat (no joke, this is real and he is serious ! ). He thinks that all scientists are lyers, so he is not accepting any scientific prove which you can find in the internet.

Because of that I need to make an experiment to prove that the earth cannot be flat. For this experiment I need a contact person in Norway (the more in the north the better).

So, is anyone here who likes to help me out? It's not complicated, but you have to do a little experiment and take a photo of it. I can tell more details if somebody would like to do that.

Best regards from Germany,

Robert

Google Translate:

Hei,

Jeg er fra Tyskland, og jeg snakker ikke norsk språk. Men jeg trenger hjelp fra en norsk statsborger. Jo mer i nord du bor, desto bedre.

Jeg har en venn som tror at jorden er flat (ingen vits, dette er ekte og han er seriøs!). Han tror at alle forskere er lyers, så han aksepterer ikke noen vitenskapelig bevis som du finner på internett.

På grunn av det må jeg lage et eksperiment for å bevise at jorden ikke kan være flat. For dette forsøket trenger jeg en kontaktperson i Norge (jo mer i nord jo bedre).

Så er det noen her som liker å hjelpe meg? Det er ikke komplisert, men du må gjøre et lite eksperiment og ta et bilde av det. Jeg kan fortelle mer detaljer om noen vil gjerne gjøre det.

Med vennlig hilsen fra Tyskland,
Robert
Endret av Robert1989
  • Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

You got to the right place, but maybee the wrong time at year.

Also you may be aware that some flat earth beleivers will sat that they may accept that the earth curve a bit, but not round - so therefore it may be a waste of time - simply because they already have an explanation that is plausible in their mind.

Kind of funny there is german folks out there that is that much disoriented, I tend to think that most german habitants are well educated and is grown past the level of beleives in stupid impossible conceps as flat earths. Just tell your freund that people in high north is laughing (rofl..) about that stupid ideas - just the way the audience of Dr. Phill show (yes I watch it and it is't dubbed) laugh in disbelive when disturbed things is told by guests that is in need of help.

But to the end - my advice is to not spend too much time trying to convince him. Just be his freund and you can just pretend as you beleive him. Maybe he will grow it off when he gets older.

Cheers

Lenke til kommentar

Will your friend accept any kind of evidence that does not support his believes?

Probably not, so its an dead end. I can almost guarantee that you can never convince him anything else than that the earth is flat.

When people go that far that they belive the earth is flat, they have already ignored pretty much all logical and evidence-based thinking.

But what kind of experiment were you thinking of?

Lenke til kommentar

Thank you for all your replies.

Yes I know that it will be difficult or even impossible to convince him. I don't want to spend too much time for this, but I want to make one try. I will meet with him and have a lengthy talk about the topic. If I realize that it is hopeless I won't talk about the shape of the earth with him anymore :-).

The experiment I would like to do is:

I would like anyone of you to take a stick which is exactly 1 meter long. Place it on a plain underground (plain underground means: It's plain using a spirit level). The stick has to be 90 degrees to the ground (use the spirit level for this again).

Measure the length of the shadow the stick produces on the ground at 13:15 in the afternoon. If it is somehow possible take a photo of the stick, the shadow, the folding rule and the clock at once.

Why 13:15? Because at about this time the sun has the highest position at the moment. 

Here is a drawing:

Schemazeichnung_1.png

And here a photo which I took just to show how I imagine the photo one of you could take. But the photo is not a must, if this is too much work for you. I actually really only need the measurement:

Beispielfoto_Bearbeitet.jpg

Is anyone ready to do this for me? Do you have nice weather?

Endret av Robert1989
  • Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar

Your friend will just say:

- it's faked (fake photo).

- the ground is not level.

- the clock is wrong (that fake-argument)

- The experiment was done at a different date (other than your're arguing) and is therefore not correct.

- Another light source than sun used (and he can probably argue better than you if it is indeed a cloudy day in general and one up here happens to sit at one spot wher the sun actually shines).

And the list goes on - I have had discussion with that kind of individuals and in my opinion they have an incredible ability to meet all your field test and experiments with some argument that they think close the argument.

So I beleive anyone reading this post of you just think that whatever experiment is done, your friend won't be convinced anyway.

You need someone that is not at a day job and also stay in a place wher it's not cloudy.

• Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...