Gå til innhold

Hiphop-tråden 2.0 - Les reglene på side en først.

ehs5

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

En ganske mye yngre J-Live.

J-Live - Longevity

Skulle akkurat til å poste noe J-Live. Synes han er en veldig undervurdert MC, debutskiva han "The Best Part" er en liten undergrunn klassiker, med produksjon fra Prince Paul, Pete Rock, Premo

J-Live - Epilogue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amOGnQpYWmM

"It's been stated that I rhyme like God and I build like a poet

One hand wash the other like Lady Macbeth"

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar

Min favorittlåt om dagene. Første gjennomlyttingen av Event II ga meg ikke de samme vibbene som debutalbumet, men etter andre gangen hadde den vokst ganske godt på meg. Herlig plate! Første gangen jeg hørte denne låten fikk jeg dog et ganske hardt slag i trynet. Som om virkeligheten virkelig traff meg. Faen som tiden flyr...

(PS: Vet at jeg henger etter!)

Deltron 3030 - Do You Remember (ft. Jamie Cullum)

(Do you remember?) As a child how your wild imagination

Led you to great discoveries and places
(Do you remember?) Innocence in your heart
Before prejudice could spark a cold flame in the dark
(Do you remember?) How you pushed and kept pushing
Til you broke through when nobody was looking
(Do you remember?) Not to get into nostalgia
But some of those things had value
Endret av Smål
  • Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar

Ekstra kult å høre at det var moro å spille inn videoen også. Spesielt for Esoteric.

Koselig, lang lesning følger under:
10369866_860740590626186_660388379112509

Many moons ago, when Vinnie Paz and some of the Philly guys crashed at my apartment one night in Boston, an old, old picture somehow surfaced of my frail 11 year old body flexing. The flexing itself was ridiculous, but the fact I was in nothing but my home-made "Macho Man Randy Savage" tighty whities put it over the edge. Yeah, way back then, when I was 11, I was such a wrestling fanatic that I wrote "Macho Man" on the back of my undies and paraded around the house like that. The night the Philly guys found this picture was a night I've yet to live down, so trust me, 15 years later, when we suddenly found ourselves in a wrestling ring, and I'm wearing a skin-tight singlet by choice, old memories have come full circle. We laughed forever that night, and laughed forever during this "Terrorstorm" video shoot. That morning, every dude in the crew arrived by themselves, as themselves: Paz with no wig, Crypt with no warpaint....you know, Reef had a shirt on and shit. Everybody acted cool, like this was just another video shoot...until the wigs came out, the shirts came off, and the animals arrived. Bessie was the chosen one out of five canines that our homie Stress brought to the set. He's as much of a dog person as I am, so for him to offer his canine army for the video meant a lot. My "Sleezar Millan" character needed a mascot/manager, and Bessie came through BIG. I can only imagine what she was thinking during the shoot, being passed from a guy at a urinal "fake-peeing" to a big masked wrestler over and over again. We probably spent two hours on that bathroom scene alone, and I assure you, getting ambushed by 5 wrestlers kicking me in the gut and sticking my face in and out of a piss pot isn't all it's cracked up to be.

We've had a few silly moments in our careers individually, but as AOTP, we've always been the mic-murdering, metaphor-mastering monsters who never crack a smile. The truth is, we clown around all the time and I hope this collective effort shows you a side seldom seen from us. Pablo, one of the longest tenured Superegular / Philly guys, really nailed his Romeo Ray Rivera character...yeah, he was wearing a wig, but the mustache was frighteningly real. All of the Pharaohs really "showed up" and I'm proud of them, but the video wouldn't be possible without the hard work and patience of the Chikara wrestlers (Ophidian, Amasis, Hallowicked, Fire Ant, and Silver Ant). These guys helped us execute the classic moves that we've all tried on our living room couches at one point in life. Not only were we working with skilled wrestlers, we were actually IN THE RING. A real ring, and not just any old ring, a ring in the former ECW Arena in Philly. I was like a toddler in a bouncy house; i was testing the ropes, the turnbuckles, and dropping elbows on the mat. I was demanding that Crypt throw me into the ropes. Suddenly I was that 11 year old kid again. Even my experiences with John Cena never led to any ring work- just studio, music, and "can-you-please-come-up-with-some-Undertaker-disses-because-I'm-facing-him-in-2-hours" type stuff. You knew I had to work a Cena name-drop into this, right? Forgive me, I just thought that would be my wrestling apex. Nope, "Terrorstorm" is. One could say making this video was the most fun I've had since my Dad (the opposite of a wrestling fan) forced himself to bring me to see the Road Warriors at the Crockett Cup in Baltimore in '87. My only wish was that it was 60 minutes long and all of the characters could shine a light on their backstories. Yeah, I was into it...before we even finished the treatment I was designing t-shirts for my character, 'Sleezer Millan, the Best in Show" and inventing his signature moves ("the dog catcher," Bessie's bone, the "sit pretty," and preferring to settle grudges in a "steel crate match"). I wasn't alone by any means, as Vinnie was talking about this "Perfect Pazzie" gimmick weeks before the shoot. I knew the feeling he had striking Hallowicked with that belt, it's like dunking the ball for the first time. When Reef was Junkyard Dogging it in the ring, he was a natural like Butch Reed and lit the room up. My DDT wouldn't have been possible without Ophidian making me look like an '87 Jake Roberts. The whole thing was as fun as it looked and I'm glad people are digging it! Shouts to Yan the Phenomenon and Peter, Chris, and Novak at Prime Cut for their hard work making this video what it is. If you want a Sleezer Millan shirt, get at me. If you want an AOTP shirt & cd go to www merchdirect com/jedimindtricks ..and don't forget: "Heavy Lies the Crown" drops 10/21, and the "Pharaoh Crew" is live in Santa Ana 10/22 and LA on 10/24. We are accepting reality show offers.

- Esoteric aka Sleezar Millan, The Best in Show (find me on twitter and instagram: @MCEsoteric)

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Gjest medlem-105082

Ny singel fra Wu-Tang's kommende plate, A Better Tomorrow.

Dropper 2. desember, med produksjon fra RZA, Mathematics, 4th Disciple, og Adrian Younge.

Wu-Tang Clan - Ruckus In B Minor (Prod. RZA & Rick Rubin)

Quiz for hip hop-hoder: Hvilken rapper og låt er Method Man sitt hook basert på? Skuffende om ingen klarer det.

Endret av medlem-105082
Lenke til kommentar
Gjest medlem-105082

Jeg vet ikke hvor den er i fra, men siden du spør så er det sikkert noe som er så langt unna hip-hop som du kommer. Men M.O.P. klarer å gjøre alt steinhardt, spesielt når Fizzy Wo er bak spakene på produksjonen!

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...