Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

What does an LC-shop sell?

Liquid Cooling products, for computers. Water-based systems, Chilling systems, Liquid Nitrogen systems, Peltiers/TECs/Phase Change, etc. Pumps, Radiators, Reservoirs, machined water blocks, tubing, brass and nickel-plated fittings, case modding supplies, fans, etc. LC shops are those that cater to PC enthusiasts who are into overclocking, silent computers, or both. They generally sell very little in the way of PC hardware such as motherboards and graphics cards, but sell everything you need to cool those items.

Brands for professional quality components: Bitspower, EK Waterblocks, Watercool, Hardware Labs, MIPS Computer, Laing/Swiftech, AquaComputer, AlphaCool, Thermochill, Tygon.

LC "Tourist" brands to avoid: Koolance, Thermaltake, XSPC (rads are okay though), TFC (Feser), OCZ, CoolIT, DangerDen (Yes, DangerDen! Bloody tourist company that doesn't make any of their own products. You know how when you buy a car, the dealership slaps their name on the license plate frame? "Biltmoor Honda"... That's DangerDen.).

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

I apologise if this is the wrong place to ask, but what is the difference in meaning between the two words "fraudful" and "fraudulent"? My impression is that the latter is used far more frequently than the former, and I am wondering whether there are any situations where "fraudful" should or must be used.

Lenke til kommentar

Fraudful:

1. deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.

2. a particular instance of such deceit or trickery: mail fraud; election frauds.

3. any deception, trickery, or humbug: That diet book is a fraud and a waste of time.

4. a person who makes deceitful pretenses; sham; poseur

Fraudulent

1. characterized by, involving, or proceeding from fraud, as actions, enterprise, methods, or gains: a fraudulent scheme to evade taxes.

2. given to or using fraud, as a person; cheating; dishonest.

Lenke til kommentar

At first I was going to have an aluminum side panel laser cut, and then plated in nickel. Unfortunately, the platers said they couldn't plate aluminum.

Next, I decided I'd simply have a whole new panel made, from stainless steel, then laser cut, and finally plated in nickel.

They took too long to respond to my emails though. In the time I spent waiting for a response, the idea changed again.

So, I decided to skip the nickel plating. I was determined to just have the whole panel built of copper, and then have it laser cut. This solved the problem of plating.

They finally replied to me, and I told them the idea had changed. They said they couldn't laser cut copper. They said it was too reflective. I would have to find a company with a waterjet cutter to do it.

So I began searching for a waterjet company... but of course, there are none in Norway. As usual.

I'm going to have to pay a company in the US to do it. I hate that. Copper is heavy, and we're talking about copper plate; shipping will cost a fortune.

Lenke til kommentar

I'm not sure I want to go public with that. I'm worried someone with any interest in the subject might "steal" the idea. ;)

Well... the idea is rather unique, and I want to keep it that way as long as possible. Then again, 98% of the entire planet wouldn't understand it or have any interest, anyway.

Lenke til kommentar
I'm not sure I want to go public with that. I'm worried someone with any interest in the subject might "steal" the idea. ;)

Well... the idea is rather unique, and I want to keep it that way as long as possible. Then again, 98% of the entire planet wouldn't understand it or have any interest, anyway.

Understandable but you would be surprised how many times something "unique" has popped up from different people, worth checking a few pages and see if that idea is so unique. I remember that I wrote something I thought to be unique, that is until I did some search and found out that it's been done at least twice before, heh, so much for being unique I guess :)

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...