Gå til innhold

Den store ATI Radeon HD5xxx-tråden. (ATI HD51X0-59X0)

SVD

Anbefalte innlegg

With Asus Voltage Tweak Technology

Asus is the first AIB partner that will alter the reference frequencies on the HD 5800 series cards. Asus has decided to use its Voltage Tweak feature on these cards, which allow them to achieve higher clocks by raising the GPU voltage. It is a nice add-on and it looks like Asus found out that these cards overclock nicely with a bit of additional voltage to the GPU.

Asus will launch a total of four cards, two HD 5870 and two HD 5850, where the only difference between the models is the bundle. One will come with the Dirt 2 game voucher while other one will be shipped without it, and will thus end up cheaper.

With no voltage changes applied, Asus' graphics cards are running at reference 850/725MHz for the core and 4800/4000MHz for the 1GB of GDDR5 memory. When Voltage Tweak comes into play, the HD 5870 can be overclocked to 1035MHz for the GPU and 5200MHz for memory by just raising the voltage from 1.15V to 1.35V. With the HD 5850 it gets even better as it can be overclocked via Voltage Tweak to 1050MHz for the GPU and 5200MHz for the memory by raising the voltage from 1.088V to 1.4V.

By the looks of things and the figures, the HD 5850 is quite a jewel, and this might be a great card if you are into overclocking. According to Asus, this overclock raised the 3DMark Vantage Extreme Preset score from 8,087 to 9,252 for the HD 5870 and from 6501 to 8987 for the HD 5850. This also means that an overclocked HD 5850, which has less stream processors, might be capable of beating the higher priced HD 5870 at reference clocks, at least when talking about 3Dmark Vantage. Of course, we need not remind you about the price difference between these two cards.

AMD might not be happy that Asus offers a voltage change option to its customers, but Asus will of course do anything to get an edge against the ever-tough competition on the market.

Spennende :dribble: :dribble:

Kom over en kul kommentar på akkurat dette hos TechJamaica.com:

"I sensed a great disturbance in the force... As if a million power supplies and radiators cried out and were immediately silenced...

The I sense the Dark Side (Koolance) may arise soon. We can only hope that the Light (EK, Watercool) can defeat the darkness..."

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
Når kan vi forvente at Asus kommer med disse VOLT-ed. av HD5850? Jeg har lyst å få solgt maskinen min, men må ha et bedre skjermkort enn HD3450 på den som blir stående igjen da.. :|

EDIT:

Hvordan vil HD4890 2GB gå mot et HD5850 forresten?

i følge flere nettbutikker kommer de i midten av oktober.

Er dette en fysisk addon til kortene, eller er det kun snakk om Volt-ed software? I så fall vil det sikkert være mulig å flashe kortene med den aktuelle firmwaren og bruke volt-ed software for hvilket som helst HD5850 kort?

Jeg for min del kunne tenkt meg Vapor-X kortet, men hadde vært supert om det var mulighet for Volt-ED.

Lenke til kommentar

Omtalene om kjølevifta til 5870 spriker en del der ute. Her er hva 5870 product manager sier om det:

Noise levels I'm not sure what to think. Maybe there's variable fan quality issues as some reviews (Techreport for instance) show it being quieter than all other performance cards, while others (Anandtech for instance) show it being louder than all other single chip cards.

I've been scratching me head over the fan results. Brandon at FS says:

While the fan itself looks like a carryover from the 4890, it’s actually been outfitted with quieter bearings than the old cooler. To further reduce noise levels, the fan itself spins at lower RPMs than the 4890 did: 1200 RPMs at idle versus 1600. As a result, the card is literally whisper quiet at idle, and even under load we couldn’t get a reading from our Extech sound level meter.

Short of an all-passive card, this is definitely the quietest reference board we’ve seen from any manufacturer. ATI’s partners will be hard-pressed to match it when it comes to performance versus noise output. We observed idle temps as low as 50 degrees Celsius with the 5870, while load temps topped out at 68 degrees. Not bad at all for a reference design.

And Hardwarecanucks also says:

The temperatures we saw weren’t exactly earth-shattering but they were particularly good when compared to other ATI cards from the last generation. What was even more impressive was the fact that unlike every high performance reference ATI product we can remember, the HD 5870 is dead quiet. It isn’t silent per se but you would be hard pressed to find a quieter fan on a reference GPU. This coupled with good temperatures is a testament to the low heat output of the core.

And I will say these are a little more inline with my expectations. I think there is a bit of a difference between those testing actual games (or game test in 3DMark) verses those using a Fur/OCCT type test - obviously we don't fan tune to those.

Still, gonna be interesting to see what they say about the 5850 in this regard. I was running Furmark on it the other day and it didn't even go above 80C... :)

Edit:

Despite its iffy dimensions, AMD has clearly paid attention to detail in the card's design. The multi-colored, injection-molded cooler shroud with Bat-inspired intake vents is just part of that. Dave Baumann, the 5870's product manager, told us the firm had listened to users' worries about high idle temperatures in the 4800 series and adjusted the 5870's cooling accordingly. The 5870 should also have lower fan RPMs than its predecessor, and the use of a different bearing in the blower should produce a lower-pitched sound that's less obtrusive in operation. AMD has built in hardware detection of voltage regulator temperatures, as well, to avoid the overheating problems caused by "an application that amounted to a power virus" that caused some problems on RV770 and other cards. (FurMark, anyone?)

- http://www.techreport.com/articles.x/17618/3

Endret av MistaPi
Lenke til kommentar
Når kan vi forvente at Asus kommer med disse VOLT-ed. av HD5850? Jeg har lyst å få solgt maskinen min, men må ha et bedre skjermkort enn HD3450 på den som blir stående igjen da.. :|

EDIT:

Hvordan vil HD4890 2GB gå mot et HD5850 forresten?

Alle kort støtter software med voltstyring pga. den "greia" som er på 5870, så det kan godt hende det programmet som Asus har funker på andre også.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...