Gå til innhold

Småprat om/rundt Warhammer Online

Anbefalte innlegg

As a lot of people seem to be a little confused over this I'm going to post up some quick Q&As. If you have other questions then please post them below and I'll try to answer them, please don't post anything else other than questions in this thread so that it's easy to find the important info.

Q: I can't log into the site, I get the 'Authentication servers are offline message'

A: Yes, you do not need to login to the site to use this page. Simply go to here and fill in your details.

Q: Who can use that page?

A: Anyone who already has a beta centre account - this means anyone who created an account to apply for the closed beta or to recieve the newsletter even if they didn't get a closed beta invite. In addition, anyone who created an account on our site yesterday and has received a confirmation email.

Q: I don't have an account yet, when will I be able to use my key?

A: We are bringing a new account centre online, at the moment we have no ETA for this but we will keep you informed via the news.

Q: I put my details in, now what?

A: All you need to do now is to wait for an email from us. This email will either confirm that your validation is complete (in which case you can log in and play) or that there was a problem with your details (in which case you need to go back and resubmit your information).

Q: Why are you doing it this way?

A: To reduce the load on the database server we have an asynchronous system. What this means is that when you put your details in, the system will store it, another system will then check it and confirm the details to you. This means the whole system is much smoother.

Q: How long before the confirmation emails arrive?

A: This will depend but the current turn around seems to vary between 1 and 2 hours, it is possible that some people will be waiting for longer whilst others will get a reply sooner. If you haven't received an email yet, be sure to check your junkmail folders or spam filters.

Q: Is there a difference between the link posted today and the link posted in the news yesterday?

A: No, both are the same system.

Q: When I get the email can I log in immediately and play?

Sadly no, there is a delay before your account is activated. When you get the email you may not be able to patch immediately but as soon as you can patch, you can play, this is normally less than an hour.

Please don't post the same question over and over, there is no point repeating a question, I'll answer it when I can regardless of how many times it's asked, 6 pages of the same thing just makes it harder for me to find the new questions amongst the rest.

der har dere svaret på emailene... står 1-2 timer.. har tatt 3 for meg nå :(

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=78414 der har vi det, skulle likt å se noen klare å forsvare goa nå..

"Originally Posted by IainC_Goa

If having delayed access to a beta test really drives you to such depths of anger and fury then - and there is no polite way to put this - there is something wrong with you."

w t f !

Endret av Bobbylove
Lenke til kommentar
Quote - IainC_Goa

Alrighty let's have a little post mortem on the situation.

Firstly let's get the obvious stuff out of the way. Yesterday was in no way, shape or form a success. A lot of things went very wrong. Funnily enough however they didn't go wrong in the way most people thought they would or for the reasons that were being thrown around.

The website and our entire platform got hammered yesterday - which we expected. We knew how many open beta keys we'd given away and what sort of traffic to expect as a result. We got a lot more than we were expecting and yet the platform held up, the site slowed down (which was inevitable with the sheer volume of traffic, even a basic HTML page would have been slow under that onslaught) but everything stayed up. This is pretty much the big ray of sunshine that we took away, our datacentre took the onslaught and survived unscathed.

The account system broke. This wasn't down to the traffic (although that was a factor), nor the fact that the page was in Flash. There was a problem with our database server which didn't surface during testing. As you can read in the news, we have been working on this all night and we expect this to be resolved soon. Ultimately the system didn't work but we're glad we found the issue now in beta rather than before the headstart or live begins. Many of you criticised the decision to bring the account pages online the same day as the beta began but this was not the cause of the problems. While yesterday was a very painful day for us, there is a silver lining because it means that our headstart and live launch will be significantly more robust.

There was some miscommunication as well which falls entirely on us. The confusion over people with war-europe accounts not needing to create a new beta account was the main issue, other than that the team who were in the office yesterday worked very hard to keep you updated. Magnus and the other CMs who were working yesterday were in the office from 7:30am through to 3am this morning. During that time our teams were working on several different situations at once and the situation was often in a state of considerable flux. We had technical teams working on various solutions, management teams dealing with our partners and, for the most part, these people were busy fixing things rather than writing status reports that were likely to be out of date by the time they hit the CM team. Despite that, Magnus and the others posted what they had, when they had it both on the official news site and around the various fan forums.

Overall then, some things went right - not many to be sure and the important things certainly didn't. We made some mistakes, we expected many problems and we found some entirely different ones. We disappointed many of you by not letting you get into the open beta when we said you would and for that I am sorry. All of us are disappointed that we couldn't bring you the service you expected. I wasn't at work yesterday, Magnus was the man on the scene covering the situation, but I did keep a close eye on forums and was in contact with the guys in the office. A lot of what was said yesterday here and on other forums was entirely out of line. Of course you were disappointed and criticism is certainly warranted but frankly many of the posts made about the situation were borderline sociopathic. If having delayed access to a beta test really drives you to such depths of anger and fury then - and there is no polite way to put this - there is something wrong with you.

Today we have a lot of people at the office who are preparing to put in a long week after a long weekend to make things right. This isn't magically going to make yesterday alright but we are very much committed to making sure that you aren't disappointed again.

haha, way to go GoA

Endret av Proven
Lenke til kommentar
"Originally Posted by IainC_Goa

If having delayed access to a beta test really drives you to such depths of anger and fury then - and there is no polite way to put this - there is something wrong with you."

Selv om det er sant det han sier, er det en veldig uheldig og uprofesjonell måte å si det på :dontgetit:

Edit: Dere quoter jo ikke hele setningen hans heller da...

If having delayed access to a beta test really drives you to such depths of anger and fury that you felt compelled to make the death threats, racial slurs and other deeply unpleasant posts then - and there is no polite way to put this - there is something wrong with you.
Endret av GW
Lenke til kommentar
Hvorfor i all verden var ikke alle på jobb i går? Greit at man må rullere men alle klarer faktisk å jobbe mer en et skift.

Velkommen til arbeidslivet med restriksjoner og lover rundt arbeidstider. Det er ikke en bombe at de har pushet teknikerne deres i de siste ukene og det er begrenset hvor lenge man kan holde på slikt før det begynner å gå i stritt med loven.

Lenke til kommentar
ja da runda jeg time 4 uten betakey bekreftelse mail :(

Greetings,

Your code hasn't been registered. Click here to view the reason.

The login you used is: xxxxxxx

The code you used is: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please check your login, password and code carefully before doing another attempt.

The WAR Team

(Er det den dere får?)

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...