Gå til innhold

Hvor historisk korrekt er serien Rome på TVNorge?

TSP

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

Vel HBO har ikke noe problem med å skildre sex, intriger, sjalusi etc på en mest mulig korrekt måte.

Her har dere "Historical Deviatons", altså avvik ifra historien.. (fra wiki)

La det til i spoiler, pga stor tekstmengde.

The adventures of Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo, while not violating any known historical records, are completely fictional. The only historical account of Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo is in Caesar's writing. The characters themselves don't conform to their historical sources though; Pullo, as a non-citizen in the series, should not be in the legion in the first place.

Much of the language is modernized in expression, or converted to modern equivalents as normally associated with the inflective and accentual verbage of modern Great Britain. Roman concepts, units of measurement, and even profanity were quite different.

Octavius was not in Rome when his adoptive father Caesar was assassinated in the Senate. Octavius was studying in Apollonia, Illyria.

There is a significant lack of some very important members of the Optimates or Boni, including Marcus Calpurnius Bibulus, Titus Labienus, Lucius Domitius Ahenobarbus, Lucius Cornelius Lentulus Crus, and Publius Cornelius Lentulus Spinther, the latter having failed to empty Rome's treasury before the Optimates' departure, resulting in a severe lack of funds to support their war effort

Some very important events were not included in the show: Caesar's campaign against King Pharnaces of Cimmeria (the campaign which spawned the famous saying Veni, Vidi, Vici), and the whole year spent before the Battle of Pharsalus in which Caesar drove Pompeius's supporters out of Spain, then the battle of Dyrrachium, in which Pompeius defeated Caesar

Atia's husband, Lucius Marcius Philippus is not referenced, or nonexistant in the show

Cato is portrayed as an old man, whilst in history he was only in his 40s

Titus Pullo and Lucius Vorenus are portrayed as two unlikely friends, the former a drunk, the latter a stiff, upright Centurion, of the Thirteenth legion. In history, not only was Pullo a Centurion as well, but of a higher rank than Vorenus. They were in the Thirteenth legion only for a brief period of time before being transferred to the Eleventh Legion

Cleopatra is portrayed as an attractive, although drug-addled, femme fatale. In reality, she was known for her keen intellect, as her appearance was rather ordinary.

Caesar was already back in Rome by the time Caesarion was born

It is not known for sure whether Caesarion was Caesar's son - but it is also not discounted

The story starts in 52 BC and Caesar receives news of his daughter Julia's death. In history, Julia died in 54 BC, and Caesar's mother followed a few months after that.

No mention is made whatsoever of several key characters in Caesar's life, most notably his mother Aurelia who died months after his daughter Julia, and Marcus Licinius Crassus who died in 53 BC in a campaign against the Parthians. Both were very important in Caesar's life, and Crassus would undoubtedly have been mentioned frequently, as he was a fellow triumvir in the First Triumvirate with Pompeius and Caesar

While portrayed as being with Pompeius in Greece before Pharsalus, Cato and Metellus Scipio were actually in separate places at the time---Cato had left for Sicily and Metellus Scipio was leading two veteran legions from Syria to meet with Pompeius's army

The cause of Pompeius's defection to the Optimates and start of the civil war appears to be summarized incorrectly as Pompey's jealousy over Caesar "stealing the love of the common people", whereas in truth, it was far more complex than that, and had little if anything to do with the common people as a whole.

Endret av Xtra
Lenke til kommentar

Vel, jeg var litt skeptisk til serien før den begynte for ifølge den ene foreleseren vår som spesialiserer seg på antikken og romersk historie så er det mye "tull" i Rome, virker altså som han mente det ikke var spesielt korrekt. Men må si jeg syns det var veldig artig å se på, spesielt når man kunne litt av bakrunnsstoffet. Vold ble vanlig i politikken etter at Tiberius Gracchus ble drept i senatet. Syns det var morsomt at man behandlet all sexen som den mest daglidagse tingen i verden, kan egentlig tenke meg at det var slik det var.

Men en ting jeg iallefall reagerte på er at Kleopatra blir framstilt som en opiumsrøykende nymfoman, dette var iallefall nytt for meg. Tviler på at det er så veldig historisk korrekt...

Lenke til kommentar
Etter hva jeg har lest av anmeldelser (uten å si for sikkert at disse uttalelsene er basert på fakta) så er den ganske historisk korrekt.

Dog, jeg tviler på om det var så mye puling. Men at det var intriger og drap innad i Senatet, er det vel ikke tvil om.

7247885[/snapback]

Dra til arkiologisk museum i Napoli, hvis du tviler på at det var så mye sex. Ikke bare var det en dagligdags ting, men de var ganske ekstreme i enkelte tilfeller.

Rome er vel kanskje noe av det mer historisk korekte som finnes av filmer om Cæsar og andre romere. Er enkelte ting som ikke er helt riktig, men det meste av dette er ting som ikke påvirker historien eller er ting som ikke er helt sikkert uansett(hvor historikere er uenige).

Anbefaler også HBO ROME's hjemmeside:

Rome

her står det mye om livet i Roma og hvordan skaperene til Rome tolket dette

Lenke til kommentar
Etter hva jeg har lest av anmeldelser (uten å si for sikkert at disse uttalelsene er basert på fakta) så er den ganske historisk korrekt.

Dog, jeg tviler på om det var så mye puling. Men at det var intriger og drap innad i Senatet, er det vel ikke tvil om.

7247885[/snapback]

Dra til arkiologisk museum i Napoli, hvis du tviler på at det var så mye sex. Ikke bare var det en dagligdags ting, men de var ganske ekstreme i enkelte tilfeller.

7363355[/snapback]

Jeg fikk ikke tid til Napoli forrige gang, men skal få det med meg neste gang. Takk for tipset! :)

Lenke til kommentar
  • 3 uker senere...
Hei, jeg blir veldig fasinert av serien "Rome" som sendes mandager på TVNorge for tiden, men jeg lurer på; hvor historisk korrekt er serien egentlig?

7247324[/snapback]

men ser du på Rome for å lære historie, eller for å se på en fremdragende og veldig bra serie, som du kan kose deg med å se på?

Jeg har også lest et sted at serien er produsert med et ganske godt historisk bilde i bakgrunden.

Lenke til kommentar
Vel HBO har ikke noe problem med å skildre sex, intriger, sjalusi etc på en mest mulig korrekt måte.

Her har dere "Historical Deviatons", altså avvik ifra historien..  (fra wiki)

La det til i spoiler, pga stor tekstmengde.

The adventures of Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo, while not violating any known historical records, are completely fictional. The only historical account of Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo is in Caesar's writing. The characters themselves don't conform to their historical sources though; Pullo, as a non-citizen in the series, should not be in the legion in the first place.

Much of the language is modernized in expression, or converted to modern equivalents as normally associated with the inflective and accentual verbage of modern Great Britain. Roman concepts, units of measurement, and even profanity were quite different.

Octavius was not in Rome when his adoptive father Caesar was assassinated in the Senate. Octavius was studying in Apollonia, Illyria.

There is a significant lack of some very important members of the Optimates or Boni, including Marcus Calpurnius Bibulus, Titus Labienus, Lucius Domitius Ahenobarbus, Lucius Cornelius Lentulus Crus, and Publius Cornelius Lentulus Spinther, the latter having failed to empty Rome's treasury before the Optimates' departure, resulting in a severe lack of funds to support their war effort

Some very important events were not included in the show: Caesar's campaign against King Pharnaces of Cimmeria (the campaign which spawned the famous saying Veni, Vidi, Vici), and the whole year spent before the Battle of Pharsalus in which Caesar drove Pompeius's supporters out of Spain, then the battle of Dyrrachium, in which Pompeius defeated Caesar

Atia's husband, Lucius Marcius Philippus is not referenced, or nonexistant in the show

Cato is portrayed as an old man, whilst in history he was only in his 40s

Titus Pullo and Lucius Vorenus are portrayed as two unlikely friends, the former a drunk, the latter a stiff, upright Centurion, of the Thirteenth legion. In history, not only was Pullo a Centurion as well, but of a higher rank than Vorenus. They were in the Thirteenth legion only for a brief period of time before being transferred to the Eleventh Legion

Cleopatra is portrayed as an attractive, although drug-addled, femme fatale. In reality, she was known for her keen intellect, as her appearance was rather ordinary.

Caesar was already back in Rome by the time Caesarion was born

It is not known for sure whether Caesarion was Caesar's son - but it is also not discounted

The story starts in 52 BC and Caesar receives news of his daughter Julia's death. In history, Julia died in 54 BC, and Caesar's mother followed a few months after that.

No mention is made whatsoever of several key characters in Caesar's life, most notably his mother Aurelia who died months after his daughter Julia, and Marcus Licinius Crassus who died in 53 BC in a campaign against the Parthians. Both were very important in Caesar's life, and Crassus would undoubtedly have been mentioned frequently, as he was a fellow triumvir in the First Triumvirate with Pompeius and Caesar

While portrayed as being with Pompeius in Greece before Pharsalus, Cato and Metellus Scipio were actually in separate places at the time---Cato had left for Sicily and Metellus Scipio was leading two veteran legions from Syria to meet with Pompeius's army

The cause of Pompeius's defection to the Optimates and start of the civil war appears to be summarized incorrectly as Pompey's jealousy over Caesar "stealing the love of the common people", whereas in truth, it was far more complex than that, and had little if anything to do with the common people as a whole.

7248019[/snapback]

1. Teksten(spoileren) motsier seg selv; Det står at Pullo ikek skulle vært i legionen i det hele tatt, men at han også hadde høyere rang enn Vorenus.

2. Det at de ikke får tømt skattekameret er jo faktisk med i serien, tviler sterkt på at de glemte det, som det står i teksten over. Tror det er emst sannsynelig sånn som det foregår i tv-serien.

3. "The campaign" mot Kong Pharnaces av Cimmeria var faktisk bare et slag som varte 4 timer og som bare er kjent på grunn av at Caesar beskrev det med ordene Veni, vidi, vici.

4. Er lite poeng og nevne Crassus i en serie som handler om en tid etter at han er død, serien ville nok blitt betydelig dårligere hvis de hele tiden snakket om en person som den tradisjonelle seer ikke vet noe om(Driver ikke akurat historien fram).

Jeg synes denne artikkelen fra wikipedia er en av de dårligere jeg har sett og håper alle skjønner at denne serien er virkelig bra.

- Tarantino

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...