Gå til innhold

To uker med Trump-shutdown

Anbefalte innlegg

Any of those things set to happen under the Trump shutdown?

Or just back to the red herring?

You said these unpaid employees at these institutions should not wait for their back pay but should quit and join the private sector. This would be the result of their sudden departure.

All of these employees are performing these essential functions without pay

Endret av jjkoggan
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Some deaths that has occurred during the shutdown were preventable, but due to conditions caused by the shutdown there was a delay in rescue and transport to medical facilities. This includes one of the deaths mentioned in this article:

Three people have died in national parks since start of government shutdown
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/three-people-have-died-national-parks-start-government-shutdown-n954991

Endret av xRun
  • Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar

You said these unpaid employees at these institutions should not wait for their back pay but should quit and join the private sector. This would be the result of their sudden departure.

All of these employees are performing these essential functions without pay

That was a statement about medical staff, but I see you are back to discussing my opinions instead of the Trump shutdown.

How many citizens lives will be saved by not being shot by FBI agents on furlough during the shutdown?

Lenke til kommentar

First of all, it's not my claim, it's from US news coverage, their claim.

I found the closest one, the one mentioning the deaths. A better source right now would be the coverage in US news channels, but it's not easily posted here. You'd see it if you watched. 

Endret av xRun
Lenke til kommentar

That was a statement about medical staff, but I see you are back to discussing my opinions instead of the Trump shutdown.

How many citizens lives will be saved by not being shot by FBI agents on furlough during the shutdown?

Du skrev:

«Vi får håpe Trump både Trump og Demokratene holder ord lenge ... men desverre blir det vel mur tilslutt.»

Jeg spurte deg

«Hvor lenge burde tusenvis folk jobbe da uten lønn?»

Du svarte-

«

De bør ikke vente ... men heller finne seg noe nyttig å gjøre ... i privat virksomhet.»

Your answer was not specific to medical personell and you expressed a desire for permanent shutdown.

Lenke til kommentar

Your answer was not specific to medical personell ....

Feil, les post #9 i denne nye tråden

... and you expressed a desire for permanent shutdown.

Indeed I believe a permanent shutdown of the entire govt would be ideal ... but there you are moving the discussion over on my personal viewpoints and are no longer discussing the Trump shutdown. Endret av Skatteflyktning
Lenke til kommentar

Feil, les post #9 i denne nye tråden

Post #9 does not contradict your earlier statements, it only shows that you agree that medical personnel are included in your wish that unpaid government employees should quit.

Indeed I believe a permanent shutdown of the entire govt would be ideal ... but there you are moving the discussion over on my personal viewpoints and are no longer discussing the Trump shutdown.

Why express your unrelated personal viewpoints then?
Lenke til kommentar

Post #9 does not contradict your earlier statements, it only shows that you agree that medical personnel are included in your wish that unpaid government employees should quit.

Please quote my earlier statements as I cannot find anything that seem to align with your interpretation.

Why express your unrelated personal viewpoints then?

There is a subtle difference between giving your personal viewpoints on issues, and jumping on to discussing those personal viewpoints independently of the issue being discussed.

I do the first, you do the second. (Admittedly you also do the first when providing your own personal viewpoints, but I have no issue with that).

Endret av Skatteflyktning
Lenke til kommentar

THe FBI kills about 90 criminals per year, many of them were murderers and all were killed in self defence.

Nevertheless, there are over 2000 convicted murders that would be released from federal prisons along with many other (about 180,000) offenders of violent crime. I am sure these people will cause more problems than FBI agents defending themselves.

Lenke til kommentar

THe FBI kills about 90 criminals per year, many of them were murderers and all were killed in self defence.

Police will always claim selfdefense when killing anyone.

Nevertheless, there are over 2000 convicted murders that would be released from federal prisons along with many other (about 180,000) offenders of violent crime. I am sure these people will cause more problems than FBI agents defending themselves.

Please provide some sort of source that indicate that 182 000 prisoners are set to be released due to the Trump shutdown

If you can't you are no longer discussing the Trump shutdown.

Lenke til kommentar

Shutdown'en har sålangt har marginal betydning, men det kan selvfølgelig endre seg. 

Det var god underholdning å lese igjennom noen #shutdownstories på twitter.  Folk som klager sin nød over at nå kan de ikke betale husleien, huslånet, bensin, medisin, mat osv... kan man bare riste på hodet av.  Om 14 dager uten (eller med utsatt) lønn fører til krise i privatøkonomien, så lever de langt over evne.  At mange lever fra paycheck til paycheck og bruker hver cent før neste lønning er helt og holdent et resultat av deres egne dårlige prioriteringer.  

Lenke til kommentar

Police will always claim selfdefense when killing anyone.

Please provide some sort of source that indicate that 182 000 prisoners are set to be released due to the Trump shutdown

If you can't you are no longer discussing the Trump shutdown.

You believed that unpaid workers should quit their jobs and join the private sector. This is surely a likely consequence of Trump's shutdown if it continues for "years" as Trump himself suggested.
Lenke til kommentar

You believed that unpaid workers should quit their jobs and join the private sector.

Indeed, but do you want to discuss my beliefs, or the Trump shutdown?

This is surely a likely consequence of Trump's shutdown if it continues for "years" as Trump himself suggested.

Just braggadocio from Trump as usual. Do you still seriously believe what he says?

The shutdown will be over before january is out. Democrats will fold ... or Republicans will defect ... and both sides will declare victory.

Lenke til kommentar

Indeed, but do you want to discuss my beliefs, or the Trump shutdown?

What is wrong/right with the shutdown and alternative solutions within the context of the existing american democracy to the shutdown are still discussions of the Trump shutdown.

Just braggadocio from Trump as usual. Do you still seriously believe what he says?

The shutdown will be over before january is out.

I agree
Lenke til kommentar

What is wrong/right with the shutdown and alternative solutions within the context of the existing american democracy to the shutdown are still discussions of the Trump shutdown.

Yes, but when it moves to a total and permanent shutdown of the govt we are no longer discussing the Trump shutdown ... no matter how much I might like that scenario or how much most people are scared shitless of the same.

Not an entirely uninteresting theme, though it would be off topic in this thread. It is the topic of other threads here such as this:

https://www.diskusjon.no/index.php?showtopic=1762968&page=1

I agree

Interesting spectacle while it lasts though. Endret av Skatteflyktning
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...