Gå til innhold

Norwegian Translation of telecom terms

Vikster

Anbefalte innlegg

Thanks for these thoughtful replies. 

Tom, Good point. These are just the standard absences. It is up to the organizations which alternatives they actually offer when they deploy, they can decide to just make their own as well and not use any of these. The organization also decide if it just information to the switchboard operators, to the internal staff, or something that all callers will hear.

Most importantly, it is always the user who sets absence themselves in their calendars (that's how you close the phone), so it is the person themselves who decides what they share, and that will probably depend on whether it is only info to their secretary, to their switchboard operator, to other colleagues - or even to external callers. It all depends on the company policy for the service. If the last is the case, most of the time, then just use busy, not available and meeting. 

toth and Emancipate, I will go for "operatør" or "medarbeider", and maybe mix it up a little since these are similar alternatives to pick from. 

Emancipate, I will use "for øyeblikket", instead of "för tiden", and maybe omit that part completely in some of the alternatives. 

Thanks again everyone!  :w00t: 

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

toth and Emancipate, I will go for "operatør" or "medarbeider", and maybe mix it up a little since these are similar alternatives to pick from.

Don't mix them up with one word in one sentence and one word in another. That's just wrong. "Medarbeider" is more modern and pays some more respect to the employees, also it's more general, so I suggest you use that.

Emancipate, I will use "for øyeblikket", instead of "för tiden"

Yes, that makes more sense. Endret av Emancipate
  • Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar

Yea, that one is a "last resort" thing and should never happen toth.

We have it this way since we don't want any ambiguity regarding the fact that in this unusual case - the system will actually hang up on them since there are no agents.

So, if it is correct, it is better to have it be a bit harsh, but make it absolutely clear there is no point in waiting further. 

I have attach a couple actual phrases from the prototype in this post. I took the voice you liked better, and they are actual composites of snippets made in the system according to the rules. If someone has time to listen and let me know if they sound reasonably OK, I would be super grateful as the prototype is now completed with your help.  

001_Test_Composit_No.wav

003_Test_Composit_No.wav

004_Test_Composit_No.wav

002_Test_Composit_No.wav

Lenke til kommentar

Hi Vikster,

I've listened through the samples.

* At test 004, it sounds like "[...] vil vi hjelpe det [...]". "det" should be "deg".

* At test 003, "[...] være tilbake første" sounds like "føste".

The voice is otherwise good.

I would prefer a bit more delay/space between the words, and especially between sentences. The pronounciation is a bit smudged together now.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar

Great Bruker - I fixed the first one so that it is a bit better (attached the new version). The TTS really can't say "føsrte" that well though, so I think we will have to live with the second problem. 

In general, these Text To Speech-based systems will never be even close "perfect". The organizations who want it perfect, or who have their own voice they want to use, will record the phrases themselves with real voices. 

The really important part is the structure and grammar at this point. 

Thanks a lot for listening! 

004_Test_No.wav

Lenke til kommentar

Emancipate, thx for that suggestion. The reason I would prefer 02 is that it may be a stronger indication that you are referring to 2 in the middle of the night as opposed to the afternoon. For unusual return time settings such as those (may be used for people working night shifts or in other time zones), there may be some more ambiguity without the first "null" in there, even if it sounds better for most cases. 

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...