Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Championship Pub

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse
  • 2 uker senere...
Furious Blackburn manager Henning Berg stormed out of the club’s Christmas party after he was made to wear a stocking on his head and dance on stage.

The humiliating incident on Monday night is bound to cast more doubt over Berg’s future at Ewood Park just seven weeks after he returned as manager.

Blackburn have recorded only one win from nine games under Berg, leading to speculation he could be sacked by Indian owners Venky’s if results do not improve dramatically.

It was hoped the party for the players and more than 200 staff in a suite at Ewood would lift morale but it backfired spectacularly.

When the DJ decided to play some games, one of the club’s executives volunteered Berg to go up on stage.

The 43-year-old Norwegian reluctantly wore the Christmas stocking but grew visibly angry and uncomfortable when he was made to dance as well.

The final straw came when someone attempted to put a Michael Jackson wig on his head. Berg ripped off the stocking and left the stage.

He then made his excuses to guests at his table before making an early exit. Berg, who won the Premier League and League Cup in two spells at Blackburn, is understood to have become increasingly disillusioned with the job he has taken on.

In a statement, Berg said: 'On Monday evening, the club arranged its official Christmas Party for all employees and staff.

'We have many hard-working employees and this was an opportunity for them to relax and enjoy themselves after what has been a difficult year.

'After the dinner I was asked to go to the stage, which I was happy to do, believing I would be asked a few questions or maybe judge a competition.

'Instead I was asked to do things which were not the right things for me to do as the manager, considering our league position and form.

'I did not want to do it and went back to my table. Later, I left the event at around 9.30pm, as planned, and drove home. The players left straight after dinner and no alcohol was consumed.'

On the day he was appointed, it was revealed the ex-Manchester United defender would be sacked if he failed to win promotion back to the Premier League this season.

However, after picking up just six points from nine games, Blackburn have slumped to 15th and face a battle to even make the play-offs.

Udugelig fyr. Bare å sparke i vei.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...