Videoannonse
Annonse

Studebaker commander :

52.studebaker.commander.jpg

Studebaker commander starliner :

studebaker-commander-starliner-1953.jpg

V8 logo til Studebaker :

studebaker_v8_54.jpg

Nok av V'er i de logoene Yen skal vel være et fly tror jeg.

Mest sannsynlig er det en conseptbil eller prototype fra enten Cadillac eller en annen Amerikansk bilprodusent.

Kan være enig at logoen ligner mest på Cadillac sin.

Lenke til kommentar

Er enig i at vi kan bruke litt lengre tid på saken, men som "TS" sa. Han viste ikke selv, så svaret vil kanskje aldri komme.

Svaret vil komme når/hvis vi finner bilen.

Dette er en såpass spesiell bil at man ikke tar feil av denne og en annen...

Mener så klart ikke at mysteriebilen skal stå for evig og alltid, men i praksis har det kun blitt brukt rundt 2 dager på den

Det kan forresten være Pontiac...

Endret av aklla
Lenke til kommentar

Spohn (Germany Die Valkyrie [see, "Stevens", below]

Stevens, Brooks (USA) Die Valkyrie built by Spohn coachworks of Ravensburg, Germany. Romantic name comes from the opera Siegfried; Cadillac-powered prototype Coupe with removable HT; 2-tone [black & white], the car was shown at the 1954 Paris salon [in an article published in SIA for Jan.-Feb., 1974, the authors assert, in a photo caption of this car, that six were built and shown at the Paris Salon of 1952; the correct show date was 1954 and it is quoted correctly in the actual text]. The press release attached to the photos in the 2nd row, below, and the RH photo in the 4th row, both dated October 6, 1954, reads [in French]: "THE VALKYRIE" WILL BE AT THE SALON - Here is "The Valkyrie", created by the American stylist, Brooks Stevens, who started off with the chassis and mechanical components of a Cadillac, of which he retained the V-8 engine. Hood vents allow hot air to be evacuated from the engine [compartment]. The panoramic windshield extends quite far back. Also of note is the "V"-shaped grille that acts also as the bumper, and the wide doors that carry the wind vents and main door glass. ASSOCIATED PRESS PHOTO, CHWE 6/10/54, 1535HRS, LEV A. A second press release #PR43340 that accompanied the LH photo in the 4th row, below, and also dated October 6, 1954, reads [again in French] (PARIS BUREAU) - VALKYRIE AT THE SALON - PARIS, the latest Cadillac creation presented at the automobile Salon is not a "futuristic" car. It's a chassis fitted with a V-8 motor, having coachwork by the German coach-builder, Spohn, from a design by the American designer Brooks Stevens. Its notable feature is the "V"-shaped grille. The (roof) dome is removable; it may be replaced at will with a convertible top, stored in the rear. Seats 3 or 6. UNITED PRESS PHOTO , PA PRO, (DP = Date of publication) ... For more info see MC Autumn 1974, p.23; six were later built by Spohn to special order, SIA20, p.42; also CA 10/1989{***}. (CA 10/89, p.2 + pp.26-29, survivor shown with wrong wheel covers off '57-60 model). The Database archives include many original photos from the Brooks Stevens Museum. This car was offered for sale at auction in Auburn, IN, in 1997 where it was bid up to $71,000 but not sold. In July, 2000 I was informed by Mr. Charles Barnette of Texarkana, TX, that Die Valkyrie currently is owned by Joe Bortz of Highland Park, IL. Mr. Bortz claims that only ONE was built, the one in his collection. Unless and if another one turms up somewhere, we'll take Joe's word on it. Late Extra [Jan. 2008]: a second "Valkyrie" has turned up in a barn, in Maryland. It was brought to my attention by Cadillac enthusiast and automotive journalist, Chip Lamb. Now, I wonder where the other four are hiding???

http://www.car-nection.com/yann/dbas_txt/drm54.htm

• Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...