Gå til innhold

ArmA II: Generell diskusjon

Anbefalte innlegg

Ta det med ro.

BI vil forsette å FIKSE BUGS PÅ BEGGE VERSJONENE

All fixes made for expansion will be also aviable as free patch for original ARMA2. In arow head will be new expansion exe that will also include some new things&technology that will be for expansion only (will also need some support and aditional data in expansion PBOs).

Kilde link: ohara (BI Developer)

Men det forsvarer ikke det faktum at de kunne jobbet mye raskere med patchene dersom de hadde ventet med utvidelsespakken. De har nå brukt 8 år på å "forbedre" AI-en, men det har ikke skjedd særlig mye. Ikke rart at folk blir litt furt.

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
Fordi?

jeg vet ikke nå har jeg litt bedre inntrykk igjen, jeg synes ikke spillet flyter noe særlig bra mtp på bevegelse, dialoger, lyder, gameplay osv. bilene og motorsykkelen kunne de bare spart seg for når det er SÅ dårlig laget. Synes alt er så halvveis liksom... Spilte litt RA3 igjen fordi jeg ble så sliten av arma, og det er to vidt forskjellige verdener mtp spillbarhet og flyt. ja jeg vet jeg sammenlikner en tegneserie rts med en milsim men likevel...

Lenke til kommentar
Men det forsvarer ikke det faktum at de kunne jobbet mye raskere med patchene dersom de hadde ventet med utvidelsespakken. De har nå brukt 8 år på å "forbedre" AI-en, men det har ikke skjedd særlig mye. Ikke rart at folk blir litt furt.

Mulig dette gir litt svar. Men, ja, det er nok litt uortodox å annonsere en utgivelsespakke så tidlig etter utgivelsen.

Works on expansion CG started at january this year at Brno (ALTAR team) and after A2 release, rest of art people in Mnisek connected to that work. Programmers and designers now fixing A2 and branched project, when fixes are released as patches. As expect that design bugs in A2 are near to be solved (most of bugs is now in engine not in design), designers moved/will move to Arowhead. Programers as they work on expansion automaticaly fixing A2 engine, so dont worry.
Lenke til kommentar

Spørsmål til BI utvikler ang. Arrowhead ekspansjonen:

Will this be a completely new game? As in, will it add loads of new features to Arma 2, or will it just be a new campaign with a few weapons, but we still get charged for it?

Jennik: It's more than just a new campaign. Arrowehead contains a completely new environment, US army units, weapons and vehicles and a lot more. At least, there will be some very new features introduced in Arrowheadt too.

Will Arrowhead incude western forces besides the US?

Jennik: There will be some more than just US Army Units, yes.

Is there going to be a functional FLIR system out of the box (everything has heat based textures)

Jennik: Yes, there will be a FLIR system. We have one of the most sophisticated FLIR simulation systems already done for VBS2 and we will bring it in Arrowhead to fans of ARMA2 too.

Will the game have Functional IR lasers (PEQ units) like in vbs2? Or Flashlights?

Jennik: I'm glad to say: Yes, and yes.

Is the terrain based on Afghanistan? Or is it more of a desert?

Jennik: Kind of, it will include dense urban areas and the countryside too.

Who (among BIS and other Devs at IDEA games) has been/will be working on it?

Jennik: It's fully under the team of ARMA2 makers at Bohemia Interactive.

Who is doing the campaign and what experience are they aiming for as opposed to the free flow Harvest Red format?

Jennik: Ivan Buchta proved his skills in ARMA2 Operation Harvest Red campaign already and he's is the Lead Designer again for Arrowhead. The campaign will be a bit different this time, we want the players to enjoy wider experience, so the campaign will contain parts being played for regular US Army units, pilots and tank commander too. A bit like original OFP was, even if I wouldn't compare it.

How large is Takistan? Can we count on arrid surroundings to be more system friendly?

Jennik: There are two maps of Takistan in Arrowhead, one presenting the countryside and mountains with villages and small urban areas and the second map of large urban area with the city of Zargabad.

Release date

W0lle: When it's done

Jennik: Exactly

Will they somehow automate the inlcusion of ArmA II content for those that have it to encourage people who own it that Arrowhead will be just a huge expansion pack for them?

Jennik: This is difficult to say now, as Arrowhead will feature a newer and enhanced version of ARMA 2 engine.

How performance will be compared to ArmA 2 and if the system requirements will stay the same? Also maybe ask if they have plans to further optimize ArmA 2?

Jennik: Don't worry that we would throw it away because of making the datadisk. Thanks to the Arrowhead making I believe we will have a better chance too keep an eye on ARMA2 too. We plan to bring new patches and continue the support of the game as we did to the present day. The requirements should definitely stay the same for Arrowhead.

Will the future patches/expansions include other parts of Chernarus?

Jennik: Interesting question, I don't know honestly

Will OA include serious engine changes: ex. armor hit system, flares/ECM?

Jennik: Yes, some of them will be included.

If the "west" side will be represented by US Army, what it would be: "Stryker" brigades or some infantry divisions on Bradleys/M113?

Jennik: There will be a variety of roles to play for US Army in AO

Who is the enemy? typical Taliban look alikes or a (fictional) regular Army like SLA in ArmA 1?

Jennik: AO will rather be unsymetrical kind of war even if it could happen you can face a very tough and well equipped enemy.

Will there be russians?

Jennik: Who knows?

What will the really new features be in OA?

Jennik: As I meantioned: Completely new story line, new factions, units, vehicles and weapons. New and completely different environment, new simulation features like FLIR, mounted flashlights, HUDs for airplanes and helicopter and even more.

Will the ammo/mag bug for weapons with dual sights be fixed?

Jennik: Honestly, I don't know anything about this particular issue mentioned. Anyway I believe anything considered as bug being brought corrected.

Will it have proper physics implementation for units/corpses (ragdoll) and/or vehicles?

Will walking in and shooting from cargo positions be possible?

Will the hitpoint system for tanks be changed for some real penetration values?!

Jennik: I wouldn't expect such huge changes in the game engine without making completely new game instead of the datadisk, though so complex and huge.

Arma II was originally announced to be released for a console, but we've heard little news since then. Have those plans moved to the expansion? Is a console version planned at all?

Jennik: Sadly, I can't confirm anything about console version of ARMA 2 neither can I do for AO.

What are the reasons to release it as a stand alone game instead of an Arma 2 addon?

Jennik: At least two reasons there are, which one of these is our wish to make it easier to get the game for players who didn't buy ARMA2 previously. The second is that we expect better sales ofcourse.

Will there be Co-op in Arrowhead's campaign? If so, will saves in Coop work better and be far more stable by then compared to our experience in Red Harvert's Coop saves?

Jennik: Most probably yes, as we considered cooperative MP being one of the very favourite features people enjoy in our games, but I can't confirm this 100% yet.

Will the campaign be free roaming open world like Red Harvest?

Jennik: What would you expect? The corridor and level based maps as in other FPS?

How will Arrowhead's open world experience be different than in Red Harvest?

Jennik: It will be different experience in the meaning of the environment and the role player will take.

It will be more like Resistance (or you buy, or you´re "out" from the REAL game) or is more like Queens Gambit (some nice additions,mainly in the SP part, but not mandatory) ?

Jennik: Yes, I would rather compare it to Resistance too.

What is the price for the expansion?

Jennik: A medium rangeed price, not a full price for regular new game.

Distribution around the world? Digital only? Full box? Any "Gold" Edition?

Jennik: Yes, not only, yes, most probably

Will there be functional tank interiors? Like Optics, windows, doors

Jennik: Might depend on time left.

Will the 3D Editor be further worked on / finished?

Jennik: We have some intentions with 3D editor, can't confirm anything yet.

Can we expect more modules for the editor? If so, what?

Jennik: There are already some of new, I would expect more of them, or enhanced versions of those already known from ArmA2

Can the AI still aim/Target through trees ,bushes,houses,mountains...

Jennik: Nonsense

Will any of the multiplayer systems be drastically changed? like netcode? browser? mission setup gui? admin tools? anti-cheat?

Jennik: I wouldn't expect anything to be changed "drastically"

To what degree do original ArmA 2 and OA interact? For example, can OA units be used in ArmA2 and can Arma 2 mods be loaded in OA with copying them all to a new directory?

W0lle: As said by Ohara: ArmA2 content can be used in Arrowhead with no problems.

Will the terrain resolution be higher, feature micro terrain details?

Jennik: There were instects and mushrooms in A2, so what would you consider to be more "micro"?

Will the movement system feature "vertical leaning?

Jennik: I wouldn't expect the whole movement system to be modified very much as it would require so much time to implement this. Anyway, there are many tweaks we would like to make on the present system, but it depends on the time gived and it's priority is still to be decided.

Will AI be conscious of their role and act differently depending on it (e.g. machinegunner acts differently than rifleman)?

Jennik: The AI already acts differently depending on the weapon they carry in ARMA2, so, what would you expect?

Will the mission editor get updated to be more user friendly? Like drop down menu for scripts/actions rather than scripting.

Jennik: I wouldn't say the mission editor is unfriendly for users, in fact we consider our mission editor being one of the most user friendly and easy to use mission editors you can get across all present games. You don't really need to use a single line of script to design even a very complex scenario...

Are there any plans to make a final patch for ArmA1? If so, what will be patched and when can we expect it?

Jennik: I would say ARMA1 is in very good shape now and doesn't really need any further patches. However, if there appear any serious issues in the future like HW/drivers related problems, I would expect something possible. Otherwise not.

Is this actually some sort of top secret release thats going to be as groundbreaking as flashpoint 1, and Arma 2 was simply a distraction?

W0lle: LOL

I made some pictures from the screen but haven't copied them yet nor do I know if they are in a quality worth releaseing them at all. Later we will see.

I want to thank especially Jennik for his time answering all these questions.

Thanks as well to the two Idea guys for another pleasant exhibition date with some interesting discussions and insight views.

Gleder meg! Kanskje de vil slå tilbake mot Codemasters OFP2(som forøvrig også begynner å se ganske interesant ut IMO)

Edit: og her finner du screenshots:

http://rp-mods.com/cms/uploads/arrowhead/

Endret av -sparks-
Lenke til kommentar

Synes det var litt kjedelig i starten jeg og, men det var mest fordi det var så bugga at jeg ikke fikk fullført det. Temmelig irriterende å bruke 3-4 timer på å renske mapet for å så finne ut at en trigger ikke er utløst.. Og så gjenta prosessen 3 ganger til. Men nå etter den siste patchen har det blitt en av mine favoritter.

Synes de der man må ta over alle de basene er kjedeligere. Særlig når det virker som om fi har spawn-punkt rett ved siden av disse basene slik at man ender opp å kjøre frem og tilbake hele tiden..

Lenke til kommentar

På Manhattan har jeg kommet dit hvor jeg skal sende avgårde hun dama i Hind, men helikopteret blir skutt ned. Jeg leste at det skulle være en UAZ borti skogen, men når jeg dro for å kverke den fant jeg ut at det var en BMP-2, T-72 og en lass med folk der. Min siste save er når jeg ligger i gresset, omringet av folk, og har 3 kuler igjen. :p

Lenke til kommentar

Med mindre helikopteret blir skutt ned FØR det har fått hentet hu dama?

Bare bruk artilleri og tilkall backup via radioen (0-0-1) ;)

Dreit meg ut litt i går.. Spilte igjennom et av de første oppdragene, og så kræsja spillet, og da jeg startet spillet på nytt valgte jeg "revert". Så alt etter det oppdraget ble sletta :hrm: Og på toppen av det hele, så kom jeg til den nye buggen i Badlands:

"Prizrak" er udødelig..

Fant en hotfix, men må uansett starte oppdraget på nytt. FFFFFFFFF

Lenke til kommentar
Jeg skulle ønske det var mer vanlig kriging, og mindre CIA type oppgaver.

Spiller du online? Om du leter etter det så har jeg to tips til deg :)

barrett.png

ak47.png

På begge serverne spiller du mot andre spillere, Berzerk er bare spillere mot spillere og i Warfare gjelder det å ta byer fra AI og holde dem.. tjene penger og kjøpe utstyr for å stoppe det motsatte laget i å ta byene. Begge serverne er norske :)

Endret av Cri
Lenke til kommentar
Det er hovedcampen som har tankser, som godt kan stemme siden de to plassene ligger ganske nærme hverandre. Men tror ikke det har noe å si at helikopteret blitt skutt ned, du har vel fullført oppdraget ditt uansett.

Ja, det stemmer nok. Fikk kverket BMPen, og så stakk jeg av derifra. Men helikopteret overlevde etter jeg hadde laget liv og røre i hovedbasen. :)

Forresten, om noen leter etter en god lyd-mod, så kan VopSounds 2.1 anbefales. Ordentlige lyder øker spillopplevelsen mange hakk.

Lenke til kommentar

Prøvde demoen i dag med så og si full grafikk. (hvertfall det demoen viser, vet ikke om det er forbedret eller bedre grafikk i det virkelige spillet?). Hvertfall, hadde en veldig god stund med det, men det var vanskelig! kanskje også pga. jeg ikke spiller helt som du skal. være taktisk med hvor du løper osv. for vant med å spille battlefield osv hehe. Men var skikkelig gøy!

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...