Gå til innhold

More GTA IV details revealed

Anbefalte innlegg

Klikk for å se/fjerne innholdet nedenfor
UK’s Xbox 360 magazine got hold of a 66% complete review version of Grand Theft Auto IV. In their latest issue they reveal a bunch of new details about the game. A guy on Gtaforums.com was kind enough to read through the 4 page article and summarize it for us.

As you read through the points below you’ll notice things that perfectly fit in the GTA world, such as swearing pedestrians. This time around, a lesser known voice cast and unsigned music bands will be used to provide the game with sound. Rockstar probably can’t freely pick from the entire Sony music library anymore since the game’s not exclusive to any platform.

A Near Collision between two cars caused a pedestrian to proclaim loudly “That was f***ud up”

As Niko approached several people milling in a large group, he sort weaved in and out of them. At one point, he even pushed a pedestrian gently out of his way.

As Niko continued descending a small hill further down the road, we noticed the way his weight seemed to shift backwards a little, as though he was saving himself from just pitching fowards and setting off into a run. He looked exactly like someone walking down a hill does.

Another example of the wight shifting was shown later, when Niko began running - looking much like a normal person does instead of some unrealistic videogame representation. He leaned a little to the left and right, depending on which direction Rockstar took him, rather than his top half staying stationary and only his legs moving, as per previous GTA games.

The sight of Niko just walking up some steps managed to impress too.

The Rockstar team did inform us that that fire escapes and other stuff can be used within the game. We saw a ton of these around Broker and we’re sure they’ll come in handy, at least in terms of roof access for sniping missions i nthe finished game, if sniper missions remain, of course.

Rather than the rags to riches story of old games, GTA IV looks more like a rags to better rags story. The idea is ostensibly for Bellic to keep afloat in Liberty City, rather than walking the streets with tons of cash dripping out of every pocket. After all, if Niko had accumulated over half a million dollars, it’s a little far fetched for him to want to carry out other misisons. He’d be set for life from that point on and could provide for both himself and his brother. We therefore imagine GTA IV will have a much more realistic approach to funds and how much you’ll ultimately have to spend them throughout the game.

Little focus on building business empires this time - it makes no sense to continue living a criminal life if you’re pulling in lucrative results at your pizza parlour, nightclub or taxi rank.

Unlike other GTAs, IV will have a lesser known voice cast and music that isn’t distinctly popular or obvious to the 2007 settings. Expect many unsigned bands or indies to show up.

The game’s still set for an October 16th release in the US and October 19th in the Europe. If you want to read the entire article, you can buy Xbox 360 magazine in stores right now.

http://www.xboxic.com/news/3110

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

This aint working. Blir forbandet dyrt for meg. Takk gud for Mastercard med 10k grense, blir nemlig en hefitg mastercard regning på meg i Oktober med innkjøp av en X360 og noen spill som Forza 2, Gears of War og GTA 4.

Hvorfor skal det være så fordømt dyrt å være gamer :p

Lenke til kommentar
This aint working. Blir forbandet dyrt for meg. Takk gud for Mastercard med 10k grense, blir nemlig en hefitg mastercard regning på meg i Oktober med innkjøp av en X360 og noen spill som Forza 2, Gears of War og GTA 4.

Hvorfor skal det være så fordømt dyrt å være gamer :p

8944439[/snapback]

Nå er ikke jeg noen typisk gamer, fullfører kanskje 3-4 spill i året, men kan love deg at det finnes mer kostbare hobbyer. Ta rc-bil/fly f.eks, er du litt aktiv ryker det fort 30-40k+++ i løpet av en sesong.

At voksne folk med fast intekt greier å syte over 5500 for en ps3 er helt ubegripelig for meg :no:

Lenke til kommentar

Tja, med tanke på at et spill nytt koster i snitt 450 spenn, og jeg kjøper ca en del spill i månden, er det ikke utenkelig at jeg bruker vel 30k i året kun på spill.

Ikke at jeg skal gjøre dette til en PS3 pris krangel, men for å nevne kort, forholdet "hva du får" i forhold til pris er ikke i mitt øyensyn en ligning som er i balanse. Er fremdeles en "Neo Smith" kamp og ligningsbalansering på gang og den er way off atm.

Lenke til kommentar

Kan være enig i at den er dyr hvis en kun ser på den som en spillkonsoll, og velger fullstendig ignorere dens egenskaper som dvd-spiller (3-4k for en stand alone som kan måle seg i kvalitet), blu-ray, tilnermet støyfri, og forhåpentligvis økende mediesenterfunksjonalitet.....take it or leave it.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...