Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

If you think that was a rant, you're sorely mistaken. It was a simple text of information and advice.

And frankly, if giving advice is to be labeled "ranting" - then what the **** is the point of having a discussion site in the first place ????

I wouldnt call it a rant but rather a statement of the obvious to probably all but a few small children. I think the issue may be that Drysanne's message was unclear at best

In my view this thread is supposed to be conversational and as with all friendly conversations, asking questions are better received than spouting information , however well intentioned

In that vein, I'm curious what y'all do to pay your bills and what hobbies you might have. I'm a research chemist , like to brew beer, sail and watch club soccer, in addition to learning norwegian

Anybody else want to share ?

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

In that vein, I'm curious what y'all do to pay your bills and what hobbies you might have. I'm a research chemist , like to brew beer, sail and watch club soccer, in addition to learning norwegian

Anybody else want to share ?

Så fortel mæ, æ du nårsk, eller e du itj de??

Okay, that was jungle talk from Norwegian Wood, read: countryside.

Hobbies - none. Since Norwegian Govment pays my bill / Im retired/ everything I do is dead serious :.-)

In particular:

- collecting blurays, not aiming at a complete collection, just keeping my directions into watchable ones.

- building my own hometheater, almost there now

- cooking food, mostly Italian, also hot dishes from India

- bake brød

- exploring italian red wine

- walking the dog

- playing Tomb Raider on PS 3

- gardening at the wrong side of the house

- housekeeping in general

- watching movies, at home, we dont have any serious cinema where I live

- listening to music, like Eric Clapton,Shawn Colvin, Carrie Newcomer, Sheryl Crow, streaming mostly, from the worlds best service - MOG.

So, I have nok å heng fingran i, really never get bored, more talk of just selecting an activity I like there and then. Too easy just drop down at my comfy couch for a way too long nap :-)

Lenke til kommentar

He's nitpicking about what "the Internet" means. Just because we understand what you mean by "the Internet" doesn't mean it's 100% correct.

There's an English fellow who's rather eloquent when it comes to ranting about things, and "grammar Nazis" is one thing he rants about.

It's none other than Stephen Fry, and the rant is a wonderful piece.

Awesome video - and pinned to first post - as inspiration.

Lenke til kommentar

Så fortel mæ, æ du nårsk, eller e du itj de??

Okay, that was jungle talk from Norwegian Wood, read: countryside.

Hobbies - none. Since Norwegian Govment pays my bill / Im retired/ap :-)

How much retirement pension does the average norwegian get relative to their pre-retirement salary ? Do companies offer separate pensions or does everyone rely on staten?

I will receive about $1200 a month when I retire. I will need to save a million dollars to retire comfortably

Lenke til kommentar

yepp, most of the retired high school teachers do.

We dont have to save for our retirement, we "save" by paying heavy taxes all them years we are at work.

If you stay at a job for say 50 years, you will get a decent retriement AND - please note - you will have paid most of the expenses a large hospital has pr year, so that all Norwegian can enjoy our world famous free health care system.

In addition, 50 or even 35 years of work, you will also have paid my pensions so I can live comfortably -- one of the benefits being a "severe" disabled person in Norway :-)

PS

Since we are in a Pub, lets look at some expenses.

That lovely Maso Campofiorin you can pick up "anywhere" for 15 dollar a bottle,

well - that one costs approx 30 dollar here, and you have to travel at some special licenzed shops Where I live, there is only one, in the nearest city Trondheim, with a populi of 170 000, its only five such stores.

Endret av Dryasanne
Lenke til kommentar

yepp, most of the retired high school teachers do.

We dont have to save for our retirement, we "save" by paying heavy taxes all them years we are at work.

If you stay at a job for say 50 years, you will get a decent retriement AND - please note - you will have paid most of the expenses a large hospital has pr year, so that all Norwegian can enjoy our world famous free health care system.

In addition, 50 or even 35 years of work, you will also have paid my pensions so I can live comfortably -- one of the benefits being a "severe" disabled person in Norway :-)

PS

Since we are in a Pub, lets look at some expenses.

That lovely Maso Campofiorin you can pick up "anywhere" for 15 dollar a bottle,

well - that one costs approx 30 dollar here, and you have to travel at some special licenzed shops Where I live, there is only one, in the nearest city Trondheim, with a populi of 170 000, its only five such stores.

I have friends in Trondheim. I bery much like that city and especially its dialect, which to an American sounds like someone with speech impediments. I also lived with a son of a famous trønder and he taught me Norwegian from scratch. He was a teacher at Lillestrøm gymnasand Married Belgian woman who spoke no English. I miss them both and saw them last summer before they passed away

I assume you are being sarcastic about your world famous health care. It is neither famous nor free. I will also get free health care when I retire and I will never wait in line I hope, at least I never have.

Anyways, headed to a football match tomorrow. Usa vs Mexico. With a win, the Usa will be in the World Cup !

Lenke til kommentar

One must have a mind of winter
To regard the frost and the boughs
Of the pine-trees crusted with snow;

And have been cold a long time
To behold the junipers shagged with ice,
The spruces rough in the distant glitter

----------------------

You know, or should know this poet, so, tell me where was he born?

Need a hint? He passed away one year before I was borm

Dont even bring up that Trøndersk, a dialect I utterly hate, I do my best to detach my self from that horrible gutteral mishmash.

Not sarcastic, not at all my friend. Just the truth, show me another country with equal health care will you ?

UK may be, but I doubt it.

<When is kickoff in Colombus then? I dont fancy such violent games, grrown men running and kicking a dead leather ball, they could something useful instead :-)

Lenke til kommentar

The most unliked dialects in Norway would have to be both Trøndersk and Bergensk.

Personally, I believe this to be a case of "Us and them"-mentality, as Oslo, Bergen and Trondheim are the three cities of Norway.

And no, I can't say that I've ever heard the Norwegian American dialect. Got any good examples?

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...