Gå til innhold

battle for middle earth2 kommer EA skjerp dere

Anbefalte innlegg

Er så erke-enig med deg i det Beleriandutsagnet, men må nesten få sagt enda en ting...:p

Alvene i Mirkwood og Lòrien har aldri vært i Valinor, de så aldri lyset fra de to trærne, og de kommer aldri til å dra dit heller...

:yes:

Litt feil. Galadriel, lady of the light, er fra Valinor, og kom over til Beleriand da med Feanor :)

Mirkwood alvene derimot er dark elfs, men de får komme over til valinor. Deres eksil er over.

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
Er fullstendig klar over krigen ved Lonly mountain og de 3 angrepene på Lothlorien, samt alle angrepe på Mirkwood. Og om du ikke la merke til det var det et spørsmål jeg stilte, om det var krigen i Hobbitun. Sa ikke at det var den eneste krigen i nord.

Men de krigene er meget lite fokusert på fordi de er ikke så viktig som krigen ved Minas Tirith. Alvene har kommet til å forlate middle earth for å returnere til Valinor, hvor de utvandret fra. Men menneskene har ingen plass å gjøre av seg. Krigen mot Minas Tirith er også større enn krigene ved Mirkwood, Esgorath og Lothlorien. Sauron fokuserte nesten alt mot Minas Tirith.

Ser ikke at det er noe serlig viktig å fokusere på krigene i nord. Alvene ved Mirkwood, stammene fra the Dark elfs, hadde kommet til å forlate uansett. Dvergene hadde klart seg uansett. Men menneskene. De måtte forenes under en banner.

Så jeg mener dette spillet har liten eller ingen vits i seg. Hadde vært mye bedre å fokusere et spill da mot Beleriand og kampen om Silmarillene enn kampen i nord.

Krigen i Hobsyssel? Det var ett slag,ikkje en kampanje over lang tid.

Og jo,Krigen med Dvergene og menneskene i Dal var ekstremt viktig. Nå vet eg ikkje hvorvidt du har lest UT men der blir det forklart hvor viktig det var å ha dvergene som ett forsvar i Nord,for ellers hadde fiendene treng seg inn bak MT og inn i Eriador.

Så da Aragorn og hærene kom tilbake fra black gates hadde det ikkje vore noe fritt ijen i vest.

Og kampene i Silmarillene kommer aldri til å bli vist på hverken film eller spill,siden Tolkien Junior aldri vil slippe fra seg rettighetene(og det gjør han klokt i)

Lenke til kommentar

Litt om BFME2:

In contrary to the first BFME title, the sequel will take part in the North where a battle is raging between Sauron's forces vs. elves and dwarves. It will be possible to create/customize your own hero, apart from known figures such as Arwin, and become more powerful as you progress in the game. One of the main changes is that you will no longer be restricted in where you place your buildings, you will have total control over where you want to construct your base. While BFME was all land based, the sequel will also take the action on the sea, naval battles included, courtesy of an updated engine. In short, BFME 2 will have 15 missions per side, new units, new heroes, new races, new multiplayer mode, is currently about 50% complete and is scheduled for Q1 2006.

En mer utdypende artikkel fra HDR-inside:

Today we like to present the non-german speaking community our analysis of the Battle for Middle Earth 2 Preview we found in Gamestar 09/2005. In this article we will analyze the points from the Gamestar Preview and will set them in purchase to LotR - Battle for Middle Earth, the Films and the book trilogy to give you a exactly as possible view on Battle for Middle Earth 2.

There will be a lot of innovations in Battle for MiddleEarth 2 but we will also see some well-known things.

For example there will be a fire-new campaign. Now you probably ask you, what for a campaign EA wants to offer after the dark ruler Sauron was defeated. The answer to this question lies in the books of the Tolkien Trilogy. In "The Return of the King" Tolkien speaks about a second campaign Saurons, which he accomplished parallel to the attacks on Gondor and Rohan:

The attack against the north of Middle-Earth where the dwarves and Elves fought against that dark rulor. So could be for example the grey mountains, Erebor, Esgaroth or also the iron mountains possible places for the new campaign. With it are safe the Auenland, break valley as well as Minas Morgul.

Apart from the new campaign there will be a conquest and strategy mode in those the player have to administer, similarly as in Rome - total war, approx. 40 provinces and its armies tactically skillfully. In the campaign you will find no more “Search and Destroy” missions.

The new parties will be the Elves and the dwarves for the good ones and the Goblins on pages of Sauron. Couse we have seen no Screenshots of Rohan and in addition we can see Theoden as well as Faramir in a Gondorsiege we can assume that Rohan and Gondor were folded up together will be beside the Elves and dwarves the third partie on the side of the good ones.

During the new dwarves abandoned on the defensive strength with powerful fortresses and close combat lie the strengths of the Elves naturally in the remote fight and in the magic. The Goblins are to play itself similarly as the GLA in C&C Generals: By fast Hit&Run attacks on spiders and scorpios as riding animals they surprise the opponents. Also of a kind of tunnel for surprise attacks is the speech - whether the designers copied something from the tunnel system of the GLA ? We don’t know yet.

On the Screenshots Warrior from Lorien are to see, also black riders and spider riders.

he black riders - Nazghuls on horses - will probably take part on the side of sauron for Sauron into the war. On which side the units from dark forest and Lorien will stand can be only assumed. We tap on the fact that they will support the Elves. There will be also the possibility of leading a dynamic campaign against a friend.

As perhaps you assume, some long-known heroes of the first part will not be represented in Battle for middle Earth 2. However new heroes will come. Like for example Elrond, Grima, the dwarf king Dain and Glorfindel also thereby. Also Arwen, Aragorns loving and Haldir will be able to lead the player into the battle.

Beside the new campaign and the new parties the play offers still another further highlight: The player will be able to provide similarly as in Spellforce his own hero with own Design, own sayings and close/remote combat attacks in the campaign and multiplayer fights. In the Ranking this possibility will be closed.

We can assume beside the Balrog, the army of the dead ones and Ents further "superweapons" will come. Like that the speech from dragons and the monster, which guarded the entrance of the mines of Moria, is. With formations of the attack-strong wedge formation up to the contactor series for the remote fighters it will give many possibilities for your units to set up. Also the adjustment of the units is to be simplified by simple Drag&Drop.

As a further innovation it will probably give sea-battles. In the Gamestar both of warships and of cargo boats one speaks. We will see, as this feature will take addect in the multiplayer games. A further highlight will be probably the new building of bases. The developers don’t give the player building sites and so many liberties its fortress after its own taste with towers, walls and buildings. Want you your fortress with towers or nevertheless with burning oil to rather defend? Or want you as commanders of the Goblins hordes of spiders to send as soon as the opponents into the proximity of your fortress to come? All and supposed many more (catapults etc..) will be possible - both in the Singleplayer and in the Multiplayergames.

The ingame graphic has been improved a little bit compared to the prequel. Although the game is using the same graphicengine, is it possible to enjoy new realistic ripples and wakes and perspectively correct shadows. Additionally there will be new weather-effects like snow or rain, wich you can watch very well on these screens. Normal mapping and specular maps are responsible for a new more plastic and impressive surface-representation.

Noen bilder, lagt ut som first screens:

11.jpg

3.jpg

14.jpg

http://www.f7c-network.com/data/media/1277/13.jpg

edit: Fjernet et bilde som var for stort og strakk teksten til det uleselige. Her er også et annet bilde hentet ned fra gamestar.de som er på tysk.

#EDIT av moderator - Var et bilde til som var for stort selv for 1280x1024 skjermoppløsning. Fjernet IMG taggene til det.#

Endret av Afseth
Lenke til kommentar

Litt faq (spørsmål og svar):

1.1 General

1.1.1 Did EA acquire the rights to the LOTR Books?

They most certainly did! This means that both Book and Movie elements will be in the game.

1.1.2 Sauron's Goblin army? How is that possible?

In the LOTR novels, at the same time the event's unfolded as you saw in the movie's; there was a second war being fought in the North of Middle-Earth.

1.1.3 Is the campaign the only thing that well be able to play offline?

So far, the answer to this question is yes; as there is going to be a conquest and strategy mode called War of the Ring.

1.1.4 What is the War of the Ring mode?

It is believed that this mode, will be sort of the Living World Map concept from the original B4ME combined with a game called Rome: Total War and to finish it off some elements from the game RISK. Basically, there will be so many regions available and you have to attempt at taking all of the regions over for yourself.

1.1.5 Will Rohan, Gondor, Mordor, or Isengard be in the game?

Yes, they will all be playing a part in the game.

1.1.6 How are the Dwarves going to play?

Dwarves believe in sheer strength, this is why you'll see them building great fortresses for defense and when fighting they will go close combat, as that is the Dwarven way.

1.1.7 How are the Elves going to play?

Elves are mystical and magical beings who value nature. Therefore you will see them using magic and a more stealthy approach to dealing with the enemy.

1.1.8 How are the Goblins going to play?

Goblins are the real underdogs in this match-up, however their deceitfulness and trickery are what they'll take advantage of. Expect them to use hit and run tactics more so than risking everything out in the open.

1.1.9 Will we see any hero units that were not included with the original game?

You sure will, so far the list is Elrond, Grima, Dain, Glorfindel, Arwen, and Haldir.

1.1.10 Will any hero units from the original be making it into B4ME2 as well?

This is so far unknown; however both Theoden and Faramir are rumored to be in the game.

1.1.11 I've heard something about being able to customize my hero, is this true and what is it all about?

This is true, and it is where if you'd like to develop a hero in your own image you can. It would make it so that you could create a hero unit that is an Elf Lord, a Wizard, a leader of Trolls, etc. You can actually determine what the hero should look like and what weapons it uses. Then when the hero levels up, you can decide what Spells and Combat Abilities it could gain access to. Currently, it is believed that this is called Spell Force in the game.

1.1.12 What sort of superweapons will be in the game?

It is believed that the Balrog, Army of the Dead and Ents will be returning. Along with at least two new superpower's, and that being the Watcher (the thing outside the gates of Moria that almost killed Frodo) and Dragons, yes Dragons not Fellbeasts.

1.1.13 How about formations, will there be a more powerful system than from the original game?

There sure as heck will be, and it'll be an intelligent system as well where when you tell a group of lets say Pikemen, Swordsmen, Archers, Trebuchets, and Cavalry to go somewhere. The system will then give you a preview of how the units will move depending on what mode you have them set in. Modes are along the lines of if you'd like them in a thin line, block formation, etc. If you take the example above with Pikemen, Swordsmen, Archers, Trebuchets, and Cavalry. They'd probably move with the Pikemen and Swordsmen in front, Archers behind them, Trebuchets behind the Archers, and the Cavalry on all the flanks. Thus you will no longer need to decide what units to combine, as the system does it for you.

1.1.14 Will we still have to use build plots when building our base?

How would you like the answer of No to this question? As that is the answer, so far rumor has it that we won't be limited by build plots.

1.1.15 What engine is the game using?

SAGE is the engine, the same as the original game. However it has been re-worked to make it support more units and look even better, when we say better; we mean more realistic.

1.1.16 When is the expected release date?

Q1 2006, which means anywhere from January to April of next year.

1.1.17 How is Fortress building going to work?

You start out with a central building, sort of like a Command Center. You then expand by adding walls, buildings, and defenses.

1.1.18 Is there going to be naval battles?

Yes, there most certainly will be. It is said there will be both Combat and Transport ships place at your command. You'll have access to White ships for the Elves, Black Ships and The Corsairs for the forces of Sauron.

1.1.19 Who are the Men of the West?

Instead of having both Rohan and Gondor in the game, EALA decided to combine them and so they are called the Men of the West.

1.1.20 What sort of defenses can I have for my fortress?

You'll have upgrades like Trebuchets, Boiling Oil, and Towers that can have Archers in em'.

1.1.21 Will any of Sauron's forces use a Fortress?

This is unknown as yet.

1.1.22 Will battalion's still have the same amount of people in em' as the original game?

No, they've been increased to 15 men in a battalion.

1.1.23 Are we still going to be limited by Command Points?

This is thus far unknown.

1.1.24 How real are the ships going to seem?

If you come from navy blood like me, chances are not real enough. But they have been coded to act as realistic as possible.

1.1.25 Are they doing any changes or upgrades to the multiplayer system, and if they are; what are they doing?

The main upgrade that we know of so far, is that players will get matched together more appropriately. Also there is going to be a new Tournament mode of some sort, which might turn out to be what Quick Matches were in the original; but we don't know for sure on that yet.

1.1.26 What are the new factions?

Elves, Dwarves, Goblins.

1.1.27 We had access to Spell Powers in the original game; will this also be in the sequel?

Yes they will, and the number of them has been doubled.

1.2 Singleplayer

1.2.1 How are the campaigns going to be setup?

So far it is looking as though there is going to be a sort of Good and Evil campaign. On the good side, there will be the Elves, Dwarves, and Men of the West. For evil there will be the Goblin's, Isengard and Mordor army.

1.2.2 What type of locations could we expect to fight in during the campaign?

The following places have been rumored: Grey Mountains, Erebor, Esgaroth, Iron Mountains, Auenland, Break Valley, Bree, Bruchtal, Mirkwood, and Minas Morgul.

1.2.3 During the Campaign, are all the missions going to be Search and Destroy like in the original?

Were pleased to report, that no it is so far looking as though EALA is getting away from those nasty static missions we call Search and Destroy. However in the War of the Ring mode, you'll be seeing more Search and Destroy type of missions.

1.2.4 How many missions during the campaign will there be?

15 per side.

1.2.5 What is the story going to be like?

For the forces of good, those being the Elves, Dwarves, and Men of the West. The Elves and Dwarves decide to put aside their differences and form an alliance to fight off the forces of Sauron. For the forces of Sauron, their main goal is to take over the North of Middle-Earth, to do this they actually send in more of an army than they did to take over Gondor.

1.2.6 Who is writing the story?

EA is writing the story from in house, so in other words, they are writing it themselves.

1.2.7 What will the singleplayer missions be like?

Most of the missions in the game will be similar in scale to Helms Deep and Minas Tirith in the original game; this means that the missions will offer more of a storyline to follow.

1.3 Multiplayer

1.3.1 Will Multiplayer feature anything unique?

Right now it is rumored that there is going to be a sort of dynamic multiplayer, where by you could face off against a friend using the Conquest mode from offline play as a basis. Where by you'd start out with a certain number of regions and through the course of playing one person would eventually end up controlling all the regions.

1.3.2 For this dynamic multiplayer, will we be able to save half way through playing, so we could continue playing at another time?

This is completely unknown, but hopefully EALA will include some sort of feature that'll allow this.

1.3.3 Will Spell Force be available in ranked multiplayer?

No it will not.

1.3.4 Will Spell Force be available for custom multiplayer matches?

Yes, you'll be able to bring the hero unit you created into a custom match, where you'll then be able to fight against other people's special heroes as well.

1.3.5 Is there going to be co-op mode for Multiplayer?

Yes, you will be able to play with other people to either defend or attack Large Landmark Fortresses. You'll also be able to defend or attack Helms Deep and Minas Tirith.

1.4 Miscellaneous

1.4.1 Do we know yet, if B4ME2 will be on the X-box?

We still don't know anything about this.

Lenke til kommentar
Er fullstendig klar over krigen ved Lonly mountain og de 3 angrepene på Lothlorien, samt alle angrepe på Mirkwood. Og om du ikke la merke til det var det et spørsmål jeg stilte, om det var krigen i Hobbitun. Sa ikke at det var den eneste krigen i nord.

Men de krigene er meget lite fokusert på fordi de er ikke så viktig som krigen ved Minas Tirith. Alvene har kommet til å forlate middle earth for å returnere til Valinor, hvor de utvandret fra. Men menneskene har ingen plass å gjøre av seg. Krigen mot Minas Tirith er også større enn krigene ved Mirkwood, Esgorath og Lothlorien. Sauron fokuserte nesten alt mot Minas Tirith.

Ser ikke at det er noe serlig viktig å fokusere på krigene i nord. Alvene ved Mirkwood, stammene fra the Dark elfs, hadde kommet til å forlate uansett. Dvergene hadde klart seg uansett. Men menneskene. De måtte forenes under en banner.

Så jeg mener dette spillet har liten eller ingen vits i seg. Hadde vært mye bedre å fokusere et spill da mot Beleriand og kampen om Silmarillene enn kampen i nord.

Krigen i Hobsyssel? Det var ett slag,ikkje en kampanje over lang tid.

Og jo,Krigen med Dvergene og menneskene i Dal var ekstremt viktig. Nå vet eg ikkje hvorvidt du har lest UT men der blir det forklart hvor viktig det var å ha dvergene som ett forsvar i Nord,for ellers hadde fiendene treng seg inn bak MT og inn i Eriador.

Så da Aragorn og hærene kom tilbake fra black gates hadde det ikkje vore noe fritt ijen i vest.

Og kampene i Silmarillene kommer aldri til å bli vist på hverken film eller spill,siden Tolkien Junior aldri vil slippe fra seg rettighetene(og det gjør han klokt i)

Sa ikke at kampene IKKE var viktig, men det var ikke så viktig som kampen fremfor Minas Tirith.

Og det hadde vært fritt land selv om de i nord hadde tapt slaget. Husk nå at det er Saurons styrker, og om du husker LOTR, så mistet alle Saurons styrker mote når ringen ble ødelagt og saurons fiender fikk mote tilbake. Så selv om de hadde tapt krigen i nord, så hadde dvergene og alvene fått et fritt land når Frodo ødela ringen fordi de styrkene som hadde beleiret der oppe hadde mistet alt mot og forlatt.

Og det blir aldri film eller spill av Silmarillene fordi det er plent umulig å lage både spill og film. Silmarillion er bare notatene til J.R.R Tolkien og var aldri ment å komme ut. Faktisk ble de ikke til bok før Tolkien døde og sønnen hans satte sammen notanene til det som ble til Silmarillion. Silmarillion hopper alt for mye i tid og er for lite sammenhengeden i tid at det blir komplett umulig å lage både spill og film på en måte som både gir folk innsikt i historien og forholder seg korrekt til boken.

Drager? Enter? Seriøst, de var jo ikke i krigen i nord. De entene som var igjenne var i krigen mot Isengard og dragene er ikke sett.

Lenke til kommentar
Ea kommer med battle for middle earth2 i november,når man tenke på vilket dårlig rts det første spillet var så er det bare og grue seg.

er sikkelig forbannet på ea att de kommer med mere søppel i steden for og komme med redalert3 som ble annonsert at sjefen for rts avdelingen i slutten fjor året.

*Host*Møkkprat*hark*

Det der er bare tull. 1'ern var ganske bra spill, og om de kommer med en oppfølger til BFmE så har jo faen ikke det noe med RA3 å gjøre!

Det spillet blir jo utviklet av noen andre!

EA lager ikke RA3, de bare gir det ut (les: Utgiver).

Det at det kommer en oppfølger er bare fint. Jeg har lest info som tyder på at dette spillet vil ha noe av den samme filmatiske stemninga som i spillet, men de baserer spilelt mest på boka, og det vil være med helter som ikke fantes i filmen (sikkert Bombadil og noen andre).

Gleder meg, jeg! :)

EDIT:

Typisk EA. Melk alt de kan ut av spill. Hva er plotte nå? Sauron er ødelagt, er det Morgoth og Silmarillion denne gangene? Eller bare et ultra teit konsept som omhandler slutten på fjerde tideverv?

Seriøst EA, slutt mens leken er god.

Jasså. EA melker spillene. Og det gjør ikke andre?

Tror du det har kommet et eneste nytt Final Fantasy hvis 1'ern ikke hadde vært populær?

Tror du at Valve tenkte (kun) på fansen da de laget HL2? (og ikke på at de skulle komme til å tjene så mye penger som mulig)

Tror du at noen som helst spill ville ha fått oppfølgere hvis ikke 1'ern var en såpass suksess at utviklerne visste de ville tjent på det?

Det er INGEN utviklere/utgivere som lager oppfølgere til et spill hvis de ikke vet om det neste vil selge mye!

Seriøst Bear, tenk. ;)

Endret av MeTa][iC
Lenke til kommentar

Bear,der tar du feil.

Krigen i Nord var like stor,siden det var like mange tropper fra Sauron der,men mest Easterlings,ingen Haradrim.Hadde dvergene tapt hadde Sauron komt over fjellene,ødelagt Rivendell og dei andre byene som lå bak forsvaret til Gondor.Gondor ville blitt uten dronning.Hobbitane hadde ikkje hatt noen heim å komme heim til.

Og menneskene i Saurons hær mistet ikkje totalt motet når Sauron falt,og en stor styrke med Easterlinger som ikkje kunne se noen fiender ville ikkje blitt like fortvilte og redde som dei styrkene som var med Black gate.

Lenke til kommentar
Bear,der tar du feil.

Krigen i Nord var like stor,siden det var like mange tropper fra Sauron der,men mest Easterlings,ingen Haradrim.Hadde dvergene tapt hadde Sauron komt over fjellene,ødelagt Rivendell og dei andre byene som lå bak forsvaret til Gondor.Gondor ville blitt uten dronning.Hobbitane hadde ikkje hatt noen heim å komme heim til.

Og menneskene i Saurons hær mistet ikkje totalt motet når Sauron falt,og en stor styrke med Easterlinger som ikkje kunne se noen fiender ville ikkje blitt like fortvilte og redde som dei styrkene som var med Black gate.

Noen gang lest appendixene? Vel, står i alle fall at alt som var laget av og ved ringen ble ødelagt da ringen ble ødelagt. Objekter som bara-dûr, black gate og tårnene der ble ødelagt men også mote i alle som fulgte Sauron. Står faktisk svar på hvit i boka. Så I og for seg er krigen i nord litt viktig, men ikke så veldig viktig. Viktigst var krigen ved Minas Tirith fordi det var sentrum for hele menneskeheten og Sauron viste at menneskene kunne gjøre motstand vis den rette kongen, Aragorn, kom på tronen.

Rivendel er skjult meget godt og de som de ikke vil skulle finne den har heller ikke kommet til å funnet den. Rivendell ville vært det siste som falt for mørket fra sauron måtte være så totalt kompakt at selv Sauron kunne se gjennom alvenes magi og se Rivendell.

Gondor uten en dronning? Arwen var ikke dronning for Gondor, men bare forelsket i kongen av Gondor. Gjør deg ikke til dronning av den grunnen. Hun ble dronning ja. Minner meg om historien om Beren og Luthien, men den fikk dog ikke like hyggelig slutt.

Og sier igjen. Alt som Suaron bygget opp bygget han på bekostning av ringen. Alt. Fra bygninger til det mot hans styrker hadde. Da ringen ble ødelagt ble alt ved Sauron og ødelagt. Står både i apendixen i LOTR boka og også i en del andre tekster vedrørende Fingolfin og lagingen av de 19 ringene. Og da 1 laget av Sauron selv.

Jasså. EA melker spillene. Og det gjør ikke andre?

Tror du det har kommet et eneste nytt Final Fantasy hvis 1'ern ikke hadde vært populær?

Tror du at Valve tenkte (kun) på fansen da de laget HL2? (og ikke på at de skulle komme til å tjene så mye penger som mulig)

Tror du at noen som helst spill ville ha fått oppfølgere hvis ikke 1'ern var en såpass suksess at utviklerne visste de ville tjent på det?

Det er INGEN utviklere/utgivere som lager oppfølgere til et spill hvis de ikke vet om det neste vil selge mye!

Er klar over det ja. Men, men. Argh, for gode argumenter. Stille på deg, la meg hate EA :p

Lenke til kommentar
Bare så alle vet det, så tulla jeg med at det blir i The Shire

No shit. Var det i det hele tatt noen som trodde på det?

Det kan jo hende at vi får et slag i Hobsyssel hvor man får kontroll over en neve helter (hobbitene), og de måtte få med folket slik at de kunne rebelle mot "sharky" (saruman).

Det hadde vært kult om vi hadde ftt en sånn level.

Men at hele dette spillet skulle handle om Hobsyssel, det kan det seriøst ikke ha vært noen som trodde på?

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...