Gå til innhold

90 nm gir samme ytelse som 130 nm?

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse
De bekrefter det ja.

'Alle' har vel fått winchestern til 2.6 ganske lett.

Nåja, så på hardforum.com (forumet til hardopc.com) og der var det flere som ikke fikk prosessoren lengre enn 2,3-2,4 ghz. Skal kanskje ikke klage på det heller, men man burde ikke være sjokka hvis man ikke kommer opp på 2,6 ghz.

Riktig , det er liksom det jeg prøver si .

Her skaper noen et inntrykk at disse er garantert 2,6 noe som viser seg å ikke være tilfelle , men at enkelte kan klokke så høyt er jeg derimot ikke i tvil om .

Lenke til kommentar

Tror det er flere enn "enkelte", har ikke noe særlig tall å banke i bordet med, men ut fra hva jeg har lest på diverse forumer virket det som ca 50% når opp til 2600mhz. Har også sett noen som er kommet opp i 2700 mhz...

A64 90nm 3000+ er samme hva et godt kjøp hvis du har tenkt å overklokke og spill er det du driver mest med. Eller hvis du vil ha et system som generer lite varme. Lite som slår de 3w A64 90nm bruker ved idle og cool'n'quiet :)

Lenke til kommentar

BleedinEdge har analysert ytelsen, overklokkingspotensiale og temperaturen til Athlon 64 "Winchester" 90nm og sammenlignet resultatene med Athlon 64 "Newcastle" 130nm i denne interessante testen:

90nm vs. 130nm: Does it really matter?

Well, I think it is obvious to see that AMD was able to do what Intel did not do: Make a move from 130nm to 90nm and have a better performing, and cooler running CPU. AMD may have been a little slower to the market with this CPU shrink, but their patience paid off.

In the area of performance, we can see from our benchmarks that though it is not a great increase, it is still an increase. Intel launched the Prescott, and though it did ok, it underachieved when compared with its elder brother, the Northwood.

Temperatures were not a problem for AMD on the Winchester at all. They have found a way to launch this CPU and have it run cooler than the Newcastle. Cooler is always better, especially when you are computing on the BleedinEdge!

Overall, AMD has done a great job in making this transition look easy, as compared to its rival Intel. AMD has won over a lot of people to its camp from Intel, and they will continue to do so if they keep putting out products like the A64 line of CPUs. AMD really has gotten competitive with Intel this year, and for those living on the BleedinEdge, that can only be a good thing!

:thumbup:

Endret av snorreh
Lenke til kommentar

Ifølge The Inquirer så synes Nathan Brookwood fra Insight 64 at AMD gjør en dårlig jobb med å promotere 90nm "Winchester":

AMD fails to capitalise on technology wins - Winchester totally unlike Prescott

Nathan Brookwood from Insight 64 has sent a note to his clients suggesting that AMD is behaving like a shy bride when really it should be peddling its wares like a brazen harlot.

That's our interpretation of his interesting note about AMD failing to shout from the rooftops that its desktop technology is continuing to progress well.

[...]

As Brookwood points out, in the old days AMD announced products it couldn't deliver but now it's delivering products it hasn't announced.

He thinks AMD is being a little too conservative.

:hmm:

Endret av snorreh
Lenke til kommentar
Ifølge The Inquirer så synes Nathan Brookwood fra Insight 64 at AMD gjør en dårlig jobb med å promotere 90nm "Winchester":

Det er rimelig amerikansk å drive med overdreven selvskryt. Dette er noe europeere fleste synes lett blir for overfladisk og arrogant. Mulig det er fordi AMD driver PR med en mer europeisk vri enn Intel at de holder mer tilbake. Det har kanskje også mer kraft i AMD's beste kundegrupper (entusiaster, spillere, IT-folk) at uavhengige kårer AMD's winchester til en stor vinner i forhold til intels prescott.

Jeg vet ikke, men kommer bare med et par teorier..

Lenke til kommentar

Det er rimelig amerikansk å drive med overdreven selvskryt. Dette er noe europeere fleste synes lett blir for overfladisk og arrogant. Mulig det er fordi AMD driver PR med en mer europeisk vri enn Intel at de holder mer tilbake. Det har kanskje også mer kraft i AMD's beste kundegrupper (entusiaster, spillere, IT-folk) at uavhengige kårer AMD's winchester til en stor vinner i forhold til intels prescott.

Ja, jeg sitter også med samme inntrykket. Intel lover mer enn de kan levere, mens AMD leverer mer enn de lover :)

Jeg vet ikke, men kommer bare med et par teorier..

Ja, og din "favoritt" Ed Stroligo kommer med flere teorier om dette her:

"A PR Blunder Or Not?"

:p

Endret av snorreh
Lenke til kommentar

AMD har vist planlagt dette godt skal man tro The Inquirer:

AMD projects January Shock'n'Awe

About a week ago there were various laments about AMD missing a golden opportunity to shout its advantages from the rooftops.

The problem is that while AMD is technically missing an opportunity, it is doing it purposely, keeping quiet so it doesn't ruin the big surprise in January. If you have two dog and pony shows in a few months, you lose the impact of the second one.

[...]

The problem is that the second gen parts are vastly improved chips. They will have such goodies as SSE3 and DDR2, but that most likely won't be turned on initially. This new stepping is the one worth shouting from the rooftops, and AMD will.

You can see the dilemma though, scream until people get bored, and then scream again when they are really bored with the message they should get, or sit back and wait. But I think AMD is doing the right thing here. It has a compelling lineup for 2005, and it intends to start it with a real bang

En annen sak som kan være av interesse for denne tråden er denne fra Hexus:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Winchester CPU Overclocking

Our off-the-shelf sample was utterly stable at just under 2.4GHz, cooled only by the supplied reference heatsink. All it took was a slight rise in core voltage and a motherboard capable of scaling with the processor's heightened driven clock. Overclocked benchmark results were on a par with a standard Athlon 64 3800+, a processor that costs almost 4x the £110 3000+ retail price. S939 is soon to enjoy the performance benefits that SLI-capable chipsets can deliver, so faster CPU speeds become even more important due to the number of games that will become system-bound with a pair of fast SLI cards working in tandem.

A 600MHz overclock is atypical of current Athlon 64 Winchester 3000+s, and I see very little reason why you can't at least replicate what's been achieved in this review. Remember, no esoteric cooling was used, and voltages were raised a minimal amount. Motherboard permitting, I can see 2500MHz+ on the cards for the adventurous enthusiast. That's not bad for an outlay of £110, is it?

:thumbup:

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...