Gå til innhold

Setup D-link 584T with NGT*

Anbefalte innlegg

Hei allesammen :)

i'm just gonna do this in English and hope it's not causing too much trouble for you guys.

atm i have ADSL 2500 from NGT with the usual Netopia 3351, which i think isn't really that good. So i got a new modem-router DSL 584T but can't get it to work. I was on the phone with a technician from NGT but he wouldn't help me since NGT isn't supporting D-link.

:hrm:

I've tried manually setting up the router to PPPoA which is what NGT is using, but the connection won't get trough to the PC.

The installation wizard won't accept the kundenummer + aktiveringspassord either and thats about where my knowledge ends....

Any help is very welcome,

greetz

Wolves.

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Is the DSL 584T indicating that it has DSL sync?

Has NGT confirmed that your connection is PPPoA (coud be PPPoE)?

If the line is PPPoA you should set VP.VC to 1.32. This value should also work for PPPoE. The Netopia 3351 uses 1.32 for both PPPoE and PPPoA. If it does not work with 1.32 you could try with 1.33. This is the VP.VC value used by NGTs SpeedTouch routers on PPPoE.

Lenke til kommentar
Look up the config file of your old modem and see what user is specified there.

9029021[/snapback]

Will do, once i get the details from NGT to log on to 10.0.0.1

- couldnt find the .cfg on endring.nextgentel.no/web -

The user with pxxxxxx - (30)10000 didnt work.

@mar

DSL sync? the modulation is set to ADSL, if thats what you mean?

PPPoA is confirmed, there are 2 options for that in the 584T, neither of them work...

post-133953-1183907151_thumb.jpg

Endret av Wolves
Lenke til kommentar

Copy/paste from Wikipedia:

The modem then attempts to synchronize with the DSLAM. Data can only come into the computer when the DSLAM and the modem are synchronized. The synchronization process is relatively quick (in the range of seconds) but is very complex, involving extensive tests that allow both sides of the connection to optimize the performance according to the characteristics of the line in use. External, or stand-alone modem units have an indicator labeled "CD", "DSL", or "LINK", which can be used to tell if the modem is synchronized or not. During synchronization the light flashes; when synchronized, the light stays lit, usually with a green color.
Lenke til kommentar

Are there any other PPPoA connection types? According to the screenshot its set to PPPoA LLC (which should work). Under username you should use your customer id (kundenummer) without any modification. The password is the 8 digit number you received along with the Netopia router (which by the way is an excellent router). This is not the same as your email password!! Is there any information available in the “Status” tab?

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...