Gå til innhold

Vil USA angripe Iran?

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. contingency planning for military action against Iran's nuclear program goes beyond limited strikes and would effectively unleash a war against the country, a former U.S. intelligence analyst said on Friday."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070120/ts_nm/...sa_experts_dc_1

"The pieces are moving. They’ll be in place by the end of

February. The United States will be able to escalate military operations against Iran.

The second carrier strike group leaves the U.S. west coast on January 16. It will be joined by naval mine clearing assets from both the United States and the UK. Patriot missile defense systems have also been ordered to deploy to the Gulf."

http://www.counterpunch.org/gardiner01162007.html

Samtidig ser vi at Henry Kissinger sier at Irak-krigen handler om energi.

Henry Kissinger :

"American forces are indispensable. They are in Iraq not as a favor to its government or as a reward for its conduct. They are there as an expression of the American national interest to prevent the Iranian combination of imperialism and fundamentalist ideology from dominating a region on which the energy supplies of the industrial democracies depend."

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/01/18/opinion/edkiss.php

Lenke til kommentar

Atten amerikanske soldater drept i dag. Hjernedødt lederskap.

"Five U.S. Soldiers Killed In Karbala

(...)

Earlier on Saturday, the military said a U.S. helicopter had crashed in Iraq, killing all 13 people on board."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/20/...in2381119.shtml

Spørreundersøkelser i USA viser at mellom 60 og 70 prosent av amerikanerne er imot Bushs plan ( "the surge" ).

"World opinion is against it. The American people are against it. The Democratic Party is against it. The Congress of the United States is against it. The Iraq Study Group is against it. The Iraqi people are against it. The Iraqi government is against it. Many Republican lawmakers are against it. The top brass are against it. But George W. Bush is going to do it: Send 21,500 more troops into Iraq. Can a single man force a nation to fight a war it does not want to fight, expand a war it does not want to expand — possibly to other countries? If he can, is that nation any longer a democracy in any meaningful sense? Is its government any longer a constitutional republic? If not, how can democratic rule and the republican form of government be restored? These are the unwelcome questions that President Bush's decision has forced on the country."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/19/...le2374996.shtml

Toon : http://images.ucomics.com/comics/crmlu/2007/crmlu070120.gif

Lenke til kommentar

Jeg tror Amerikanerenes enventuelle intervensjon i Iran vil avgjøres av følgende faktorer:

1. Lederskap ved det aktuelle tidspunktet. Republikansk - kanskje. Demokratisk - neppe.

2. Økonomi. Hvilken prioriteringer gjør Amerikansk admimistrasjon fremover? Hvem skal prioriteres i kontraktstildelinger?

3. Industri. Hvor mye gjennomslagskraft vil støtteindustrien rundt store operasjoner ha på beslutningsprosessene? Hvilke våpen trenger industrien å teste i stor skala? Og hvor mye forventer industrien å kunne levere til slike formål i de kommende årene.

4. Taktikk: Hvor mye trenger Amerikanske militærstyrker trening i live, 1 til 1 krigføring før en intervensjon?

5. Strategi: Hva definereres som det overordnede og endelige målet med intervensjon? "Whats in i for me?"

Lenke til kommentar
Gjest Bruker-95147

I følge noen så er ikke de amerikanske styrkene i stand til så mye mere enn det de allerede har satt i gang, og noen pessimister mener at selv det er i overkant.

The grinding duration of a war in which the enemy deploys low-cost, homemade improvised explosive devices (IEDS) that frequently take out men (70 percent of U.S. fatalities in Iraq) and expensive equipment has placed the Army closer to a breaking point now than two years ago:

"But as the war has continued, Army leaders have recognized that they cannot afford to wait for a drawdown of troops before they begin overhauling equipment -- some of it 20 years old -- that is being used at extraordinary rates. Helicopters are flying two or three times their planned usage rates. Tank crews are driving more than 4,000 miles a year -- five times the normal rate. Truck fleets that convoy supplies down Iraq's bomb-laden roads are running at six times the planned mileage, according to Army data.

Equipment shipped back from Iraq is stacking up at all the Army depots: More than 530 M1 tanks, 220 M88 wreckers and 160 M113 armored personnel carriers are sitting at Anniston. The Red River Army Depot in Texas has 700 Bradley Fighting Vehicles and 450 heavy and medium-weight trucks, while more than 1,000 Humvees are awaiting repair at the Letterkenny Army Depot in Pennsylvania." [Emphasis added]

Link

ANNISTON, Ala. -- Field upon field of more than 1,000 battered M1 tanks, howitzers and other armored vehicles sit amid weeds here at the 15,000-acre Anniston Army Depot -- the idle, hulking formations symbolic of an Army that is wearing out faster than it is being rebuilt.

The Army and Marine Corps have sunk more than 40 percent of their ground combat equipment into the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, according to government data. An estimated $17 billion-plus worth of military equipment is destroyed or worn out each year, blasted by bombs, ground down by desert sand and used up to nine times the rate in times of peace. The gear is piling up at depots such as Anniston, waiting to be repaired.

Washington Post

Så hvis de angriper Iran så blir det vel med strategisk bombing, ikke en full skala invasjon.

Lenke til kommentar
Gjest Bruker-95147
Iran skal ikke stanse noe som helst. De har en legitim og universell rett som alle andre på denne kloden til å beherske all den fysikk, kemi og matematikk som de måtte ønske.

7776496[/snapback]

Ja så klart har de samme rettigheter som det vi har, men de har vel også et eget ansvar når det gjelder og legge bånd på hatske uttalelser som kan få noen og enhver til å tvile på hensiktene deres.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...