Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

England! cool. Whereabouts in England do you live? London? I'm going to study or work in London for one year at some stage.

I live in an English speaking country myself.. New Zealand!

-MK- it is better to say "thank you for recommending The Peep Show to me"

Endret av moonx
Lenke til kommentar

I feel this thread is ready for a name change. "General Discussion In English" is a boring, dull and gray thread title. I want you to come up with suggestions for a new name for this thread. I's like Statens Vegvesen changes name to Mesta and Posten Norge to Bring and Televerket to Telenor. What about "Speakers Corner" or "The Pub" or "Random E Chat"? I'll appreciate your suggestions!

Lenke til kommentar
I vote for The Pub, it's more in alignment with the English spirit, so to speak. With that said, I'm off to the pub!

I like the sound of that. A bit more informal and fun-sounding.

Regarding Peep Show, I would say that it's certainly among the best things to come out of Britain in the modern age of television comedy. As I said earlier I find it quite innovative, meaning that it's not like every other show. It feels fresh and honest. The reason for this is the way the show is narrated by the characters as we the viewers see everything from their perspective. This results in quite a few surprising laughs, as we get to hear their inner thoughts. The show is very well written, which means I surprisingly often find myself thinking "I have thought the exact same thing" whenever the characters in the show think of something the wouldn't have said out loud.

It's a bit difficult to explain the appeal of the show in writing, so I recommend watching for everyone who's into British comedy.

Endret av AlanPartridge
Lenke til kommentar
AlanPartridge: Peep Show is awesome! If you haven't already you should check out The Mighty Boosh, The Inbetweeners and The Phoenix Club.

moonx: I live in an English speaking country..

I have tried to watch The Mighty Boosh a couple of times, but haven't really gotten into it. The two others you mention I haven't heard of and will check them out. Other newer shows I like are The IT Crowd and Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

Lenke til kommentar

Wow, this thread seems like a splendid idea! Indubitably, many can benefit from it. Me included. You can never learn enough!

Also, i apologize if my english seems a bit "Posh". I both talk and write in a bit old fashioned manner.

I even had the doubtable pleasure of begin called a "british motherf---er" when i visited America once :cry:

Lenke til kommentar

I have now seen the first two episodes of The Inbetweeners, and I'm liking it! I get the feeling this is the sort of show that would not work had it been made in America, perhaps unless it was on HBO or something, then you could have the realistic dialogue. Still, I find the English setting just perfect for this kind of thing. This is probably partially because I've lived in England myself for a year.

By the way, I'm off to London Friday! I'm a big football fan, so I go whenever i can. I'm looking forward to it as London has so much else to offer as well.

Endret av AlanPartridge
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...