Gå til innhold

World in Conflict, kommende spill fra 'Massive'.

Anbefalte innlegg

har ventet lenge på en skikkelig announcement for dette spillet som IKKE skal bygge videre på Ground Control serien.

allerede i 23.06.05 ble det lagt inn en post på forumet om deres prosjekt for tiden, det ble også lovet en skikkelig offentliggjøring av hva de jobbet på.. her er det jeg gravet frem så langt!

In the last few weeks we’ve began releasing the first vague details of our next project. In case you missed the forum thread started by David Polfeldt, our VP of Marketing, what we can tell you that it is a strategy game with a heavy focus on action and tactics, and that it will have very strong multiplayer support while also containing a robust single player campaign.

What we can also tell you is that it will not be set in the Ground Control universe. While we love the Ground Control series and have truly enjoyed creating the world and characters that exist in the franchise, we would like to take the strategy genre into a new direction exploring new settings and environments that we’re confident will be just as interesting and exciting for our fans to explore.

In the coming months we'll be revealing more specific information on exactly what this new setting will be. For now we'll leave it up to you guys to speculate on. Until then, feel free to churn the rumor mill in our forum

Hi everybody,

This thread is about what Massive is currently working on. I know a lot of you have asked for more information about this, and my ambition is to let you in on as much as possible as soon as possible.

I am the VP of Marketing and Business Development at Massive, so anything you hear from me is "official" and can be quoted. That's cool, to a degree, but it also means I am restricted by all sorts of contracts and legal issues, meaning I can't say a lot... Sad

Nevertheless, I believe that the fans on this forum deserve special treatment and to be let in on what we're working on as soon as possible. I'll surf close to the line of saying too much, but my guess is it won't be enough for you anyway ;-)

So, what can be said about the current project?

At this stage I can say that it's easily our biggest project to date. We have fantastic support from the publisher + a huge budget Very Happy

This means that we will be in development for quite a while, and that subsequently we are in Top Secret-mode for quite a while. It is, of course, a strategy game, with heavy focus on action and tactics.

In a couple of months (late 05), we can start telling you A LOT more about what's going on.

I can tell you generic stuff already, but nothing specific. Ask anything you like, and I'll answer as best I can.

/gagarin

Massive Entertainment is a Swedish computer game company, located in Malmö. They are best known for the Ground Control series of real-time tactical video games. They are currently working on "Project Ice", which has been described in forum posts and in interviews on the company's official website as a further development of the real-time tactical gameplay formula from the Ground Control games, but set in an entirely different universe. It has also been describes as being the largest project for Massive so far, with a "huge budget." The game has yet to be officially announced, however.
Just to keep you dangling, I see announcement dates of our game ("Ice") in the VUG calendar now. Shocked

There are two different dates, one "preferred" and another "backup" date. They are both relatively close (relative being the key word here), but I feel safe to tell you that all the announcement alternatives are between now and E3.

Keep dangling guys, :p

/gaz

Mye tull å lese igjennom, men jeg ser for meg et fantastiskt spill som blir det største "Massive" har laget. Dette spillet blir garantert like bra balansert som GCII og blir offentliggjort på årets E3/før E3! det er snakk om mars/april.

Elsket GC2, og nå bør de imponere. :D

*glede seg*

Endret av nord
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
  • 5 måneder senere...

forferdelig bump for å få med bildene.. ;)

Skjult tekst: (Marker innholdet i feltet for å se teksten):

wic_0604_us_Nuke_1600x1200.jpg

wic_0602_rus_artfence_1600x1200.jpg

wic_0602_rus_nuke_1600x1200.jpg

wic_0602_us_fullplatoon_1600x1200.jpg

endrer emnetittelen med det samme.

"If you've ever had the pleasure of playing "Ground Control," you'll instantly be familiar with the basic premise of "WIC." There is no resource gathering, there is no base-building; there is only fighting. However, the low-level tactical fighting that makes up the vast majority of "WIC's" gameplay is much deeper than the typical "grab a bunch of troops and attack-move" RTS formula. You'll have to take into account the landscape and available cover; as well as effectively manage artillery, tanks, foot soldiers and support powers like airstrikes. Not to mention that the very surroundings can drastically change over the course of a battle -- "WIC" boasts an incredibly robust environmental destruction system and the map design to make it a real gameplay factor."

Endret av nord
Lenke til kommentar

Emnetittelen i denne tråden er ikke god nok, om ikke dette blir endret slik at det er lettere å forstå hva slags informasjon tråden omhandler vil denne bli stengt! En god emnetittel er en tittel som forklarer godt hva innholdet i posten din går ut på. En bruker bør kunne skaffe seg oversikt over hovedinnholdet i posten bare ut fra å lese tittelen. Vennligst forsøk å ha dette i tankene neste gang du starter en tråd, og orienter deg om hva vår nettikette sier om dårlig bruk av emnetitler.

Bruk p_edit.gif-knappen i første post for å endre emnetittelen.

(Dette innlegget vil bli fjernet ved endring av emnetittel. Vennligst ikke kommenter dette innlegget, men rapporter gjerne dette innlegget når tittelen er endret, så vil det bli fjernet.)

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...