Gå til innhold

Halo blir film - hva tror dere?

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

Og denne lille historien er fra Joblo. Hvordan prøve å selge et manus :nei:

The story I'm about to present really does prove that real life is better than fantasy. Seriously, you can't make up shit this good.

Messengers dressed as the main character of Master Chief from Microsoft and Bungie Studios' hit video game series "Halo" have been visiting different studios with a script based on the popular game. That's right, they're dressed as Master Chief shopping around a script from 28 DAYS LATER writer Alex Garland, who was apparently paid a whopping one million duckets to adapt the game into a feature that Microsoft and Bungie were happy with.

Despite the fact that Microsoft and Bungie have people in Halloween costumes showing a script, they're demanding a ten million advance against a 15% gross. Further, they want to have strict control of development and went so far as to write a "bible" so the filmmakers know what can and cannot be used - in what I assume is an attempt to have some continuity between the movie and the game franchise (an idea I actually think is pretty good).

As if all that wasn't enough, though, whatever studio they offer enough drug-crazed sex orgies to in order to partner up, they'll have to move into production as soon as possible as Microsoft and Bungie are looking for a January start date for principal photography. So far, New Line and DreamWorks have passed - big surprise.

I'm about as big a fan as any of the Xbox's flagship franchise but even I think this is absolutely bonkers. Do Microsoft and Bungie really think that a studio is gonna cough up all this money and relegate control to somebody who showed up at their doorstep dressed as f*cking cartoons? And without even letting them read the script first? I've done some crazy shit in my time like that time I jumped off a bridge into alligator-infested waters (yes, I really did that) but this shit is NUTS!

And, yes, some studio may eventually actually accept Microsoft and Bungie's "demands" but it doesn't make it any less crazy. Further, I understand that this may be Microsoft and Bungie's attempt to "protect" their franchise and not let it become absolute shit as a movie but if they want so much control over the movie then why don't they stop asking for ludicrous amounts of money and finance it themselves?

Er vel bare et produktsjons selskap som er villig til å gi Uwe Boll jobb som går med på dette.

Og siden dette er en film jeg antagelig ikke kommer til å gidde se, så kan det være det samme ;)

Lenke til kommentar
Halo og Halo2 ble jo noen kjempe suksesser. Noen mener at halo3 til xbox360 er mer etterlengtet enn PS3 :wow:

Jeg tror at halo kommer til å bli en ekte starwars killler.

Fordi om spillet Halo ble en suksess betyr det ikke at filmen automatisk blir en like stor suksess...

Se på alle anndre spill-filmer, en finner ikke mye bra

Lenke til kommentar
Har ikke noe tro på at dette blir bra...

nei...men hvis Stiven Spielberg skal bli regisør i Halo filmen da tror jeg at det blir noe bra......

Hver regisør til sin film.

Men jeg tror at en tegnefilm ala Pokemon hadde vært bra. Der man ser at figurene løper gjennom det samme terrenget 10 ganger. Og figurene ikke rører seg (JEG KAN :w00t: )

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...