Gå til innhold

Pentium 4 med 1066FSB oppdaget

Anbefalte innlegg

Det store spørsmålet kommer vel etter man får sett om den er en rå klokker. Med heftig L3 cache spiser den vel vcore til middag uten at man får de råeste overklokkene. Men blir artig å se hvordan en 4.5ghz yter mot en 3ghz FX-53 feks.

Får vel på vegne av intelfans håpe den klokker høyt og legger seg på et respektabelt prisnivå.

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Helt enig der ja

Når man får oppdaterte hovedkort og ram til denne intel cpu så går selvsagt ytelsen opp. Man kan ikke forvente seg all verden når verken ram eller cpu gikk på max...

Når man får ddr2 ram på 667Mhz Cas 3 og native 1066FSB støtte på hovedkortet så går nok ytelsen soleklart opp.

Egentlig litt meningsløst å teste denne intel cpu uten 100% matchende hk og ram da.

Så time vil sjå....

:!: :!:

Lenke til kommentar

Ohh denne skal nok kjøpes :love:

Bare lånekassa får fart i utbetalinga av stipend og lån...søkte litt seint.

Har nå brukt amd og intel om hverandre og det siste året kun intel. Min personlige mening er at Intel funker best på multitasking kjører som regel 10 til 20 forskjellig programmer på en gang og det slet amd med desverre.

Lenke til kommentar
Min personlige mening er at Intel funker best på multitasking kjører som regel 10 til 20 forskjellig programmer på en gang og det slet amd med desverre.

Hvilken Intel CPU mot hvilken AMD CPU? Jeg lurer veldig på om man klarer å merke forskjell i 'multitasking' mellom en P4 560 og en FX53... :hmm:

Lenke til kommentar
Har nå brukt amd og intel om hverandre og det siste året kun intel. Min personlige mening er at Intel funker best på multitasking kjører som regel 10 til 20 forskjellig programmer på en gang og det slet amd med desverre.

Har med Hyper-Threading å gjøre, det er ikke alltid det faktisk gir den store ytelseøkningen men det "føles" nesten alltid slik ;)

Lenke til kommentar
  • 3 uker senere...

P4 3.46GHz Extreme Edition med 1066FSB er nå lansert og skuffer ytelsesmessig og klarer derfor ikke å hamle opp med Athlon 64 FX-55 ifølge disse testene:

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2261&p=1

So there you have it folks - the 1066MHz FSB does absolutely nothing for performance. The 3.46EE does manage to outperform its 3.4GHz/800MHz FSB predecessor, but the margin of improvement is negligible. Intel desperately needs a win here and other than the more affordable price of the Pentium 4 560, there's very little going for the CPU king these days. It will take higher speed Prescott CPUs or dual core in order for the added bandwidth of the 1066MHz FSB to truly be of any use - and it will take lower latency DDR2 memory to finally give the latest Pentium 4 platforms lower latency memory access than the ones they replaced.

http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/revie...mlld19JRD04OTg=

That brings me on to the 3.46GHz Extreme Edition LGA775 processor, the first to run off a 266MHz system bus. Intel has done a good enough job with the 925XE chipset but then let the platform down, in pure performance terms, by not releasing a faster Extreme Edition CPU. E.E CPUs' use of an extra 2MB L3 cache is a fine concept for adding performance without meddling around with core architecture too much, but it needs to be accompanied by clock speed increases if it's going to compete against Athlon 64 FX-55 or 4000+ processors. I looked at a 3.4GHz Extreme Edition S478 processor 9 months ago. At that time, it was competing directly against a 940-pin AMD FX-51 (2.2GHz) CPU. Now, though, the FX-55, 400MHz faster, can be paired with ultra-low latency DDR1 memory for superlative performance.

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=Njgy

This 3.46EE and 925XE launch can be summed up rather quickly, and I think Intel knows that they are not going to get a lot of kind press today.

Then again, maybe they are launching at noon on Sunday here in North America during NFL football season to get more attention? And on Halloween? I think Intel has put this launch where they think it can do the least amount of damage by actually being noticed.

Intel’s new Pentium 4 3.46 Extreme Edition processor touting its 1066MHz FSB and supporting 925XE chipset bring nothing new to the table in terms of real-world performance. Their benefits can only be realized by using benchmarks that are able to recognize incremental gains. Also, as with many processors of late, I am sure some of you are wondering, “Is this a paper launch?” Quite frankly, I don’t know, and I don’t see any real reason to care.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/p4xe-346.html

Well, if you were expecting to get some significant performance improvements with the launch of the new Pentium 4 Extreme Edition 3.46GHz and i925XE Express chipset, then you are probably somewhat disappointed. The transition of the Pentium 4 XE CPUs to 1066MHz bus ensures a tiny performance gain, and the clock frequency of the top solution in this family grew up really insignificantly. As a result, everything we have already said about Pentium 4 Extreme Edition CPUs in our previous articles remains valid even after the launch of the new model in the family.

Pentium 4 Extreme Edition 3.46GHz is a crazily expensive CPU (the price at launch was set to $999) with pretty arguable performance advantages. Even the top model in the Pentium 4 Prescott family working at 3.6GHz - Pentium 4 560 – appears faster in quite a few applications. In fact, Pentium 4 XE boasts noticeable performance benefits in games and in computational tasks of various sorts. However, in all the applications where Pentium 4 XE 3.46GHz does outperform Pentium 4 560, AMD’s Athlon 64 FX-55 solution still turns out faster.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1700352,00.asp

Intel is pricing the 3.46GHz Pentium 4 Extreme Edition at a hefty $999 -- and that's in 1,000 unit lots, so actual prices from vendors will be over $1,000. While the Pentium 4 continues to rule the roost in our multitasking and multithreading tests, it barely ekes out a tie in the SYSmark productivity tests. And when it comes to gaming, the FX-55 is simply in a different class.

Even applications that had previously been safe territory for Intel, software 3D rendering and media encoding, are now competitive for AMD. In some of these situations, AMD has surpassed Intel's best CPUs with its new FX-55. That doesn't mean that the 3.46GHz Pentium 4 Extreme Edition is a poor CPU. It's still pretty speedy. But it does mean that, relative to its competition, it's overpriced.

http://www.tech-report.com/reviews/2004q4/pentium4-xe-3.46/

In many cases, the fastest Pentium 4 of all is the P4 560 3.6GHz, which sells for well under half the price of the Extreme Edition 3.46GHz. And the undisputed overall performance king of the x86 CPU world is the Athlon 64 FX-55, which sells for an also ridiculous but comparatively cheaper $827.

In short, I don't recommend buying this CPU. I'm pleased to see Intel going to extraordinary lengths to push the boundaries of performance at the high end of its desktop CPU line up. That is a very cool, very welcome development. Still, this processor isn't a good deal by any stretch of the imagination, and it doesn't really live up to its billing as the most "extreme performance" desktop CPU, especially for gaming. There's really no way around that.

Der har dere det folkens, selv ikke med raskere FSB så kan P4 hamle opp rent ytelsesmessig med Athlon 64 med integrert minnekontroller og HyperTransport-buss.

Endret av snorreh
Lenke til kommentar

Må få med denne da

Why a Sunday launch? For years, the White House uses Friday afternoon for "document dumping" ? hoping the documents would receive less scrutiny when the public in involved in weekend exploits. Today's P4 EE 3.46GHz launch comes on a day when Halloween and Tuesday's US Presidential election is on most people's minds. Is Intel trying to sneak out a lackluster launch? It sure looks so. (And keep in mind that Intel's launch of Prescott came on Super Bowl Sunday, and we all know how well that launch went. -Ken)

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20041031-4364.html

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...