Gå til innhold

Mest inspirerende sitater - Del dine favoritt sitater!

Gjest Slettet-x7D6du0Hjb

Anbefalte innlegg

Gjest Slettet-x7D6du0Hjb

Hei!

Jeg tenke vi kunne ha en tråd her i litteratur kategorien, for sitater. Poenget med tråden er at du skal legge ut et sitat som du har blitt mest inspirert av. Legg gjerne til videosnutter, dersom det f.eks er fra en tale.

Jeg begynner:

"We declare our right on this earth to be a human being, to be respected as a human being, to be given the rights of a human being in this society, on this earth, in this day, which we intend to bring into existence by any means necessary."
- Malcolm X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhg6LxyTnY8

Endret av Slettet-x7D6du0Hjb
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
Gjest Slettet-x7D6du0Hjb
"Selv i den dypeste sorgen blir ikke det norske folk hysterisk eller hatefullt. Det er utrolig å se hvordan politikere og folket i gatene reagerer. De er i sin dypeste sorg og de gråter med verdighet. Likevel krever de ikke hevn. De vil heller ha mer menneskelighet og mer demokrati. Det er en av de mest bemerkelsesverdige styrkene ved dette lille landet."

– Anna Reimann

Lenke til kommentar
Gjest Slettet-x7D6du0Hjb
"Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

- President Abraham Lincoln

Lenke til kommentar
Gjest Slettet-x7D6du0Hjb

Litt mer humoristisk enn det TS hadde i tankene, men jeg poster den likevel. ;)

Hehe! :p

Siden du hadde noe komisk, har jeg en ganske så alvorlig sitat, men som er fra en komedie:

I'm sorry, but I don't want to be an Emperor, that's not my business. I don't want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible, Jew, gentile, black man, white. We all want to help one another, human beings are like that. We all want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone and the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone.

The way of life can be free and beautiful. But we have lost the way.

Greed has poisoned men's souls, has barricaded the world with hate; has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.

We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in;

machinery that gives abundance has left us in want.

Our knowledge has made us cynical,

our cleverness hard and unkind.

We think too much and feel too little.

More than machinery we need humanity,

more than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness.

Without these qualities life will be violent and all will be lost.

The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men, cries out for universal brotherhood for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women and little children, victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people. To those who can hear me I say: do not despair.

The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass and dictators will die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people and so long as men die liberty will never perish.

Soldiers: don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you and enslave you, who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think and what to feel, who drill you, diet you, treat you as cattle, as cannon fodder!

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men,

machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts.

You are not machines!

You are not cattle!

You are men!!

You have the love of humanity in your hearts.

You don't hate, only the unloved hate.

The unloved and the unnatural.

Soldiers: don't fight for slavery, fight for liberty!

In the seventeenth chapter of Saint Luke it is written:

- "The kingdom of God is within man."

Not one man, nor a group of men, but in all men: in you!

You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.

Then, in the name of democracy, let us use that power, let us all unite!

Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give you the future and old age and security.

By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power, but they lie. They do not fulfil their promise, they never will. Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people.

Now let us fight to fulfil that promise. Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness.

Soldiers! In the name of democracy: let us all unite!

- Charlie Chaplin, The Great Dictator

Lenke til kommentar
Gjest Slettet-x7D6du0Hjb

"This is about leadership, this is about going out and say: "I'm going to change the world, who's with me?" and choose a reasonable approach, don't shoot for the moon, that's just silly, that's been done alredy, shoot for mars, and Illiteracy? help 2 million to read, YOU CAN DO THIS, I bet each and everyone in this room, has some cause they would love to make a differences in, you can do it, don't dare let anyone else say otherwise."
- Rick Falkvinge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsI3-IEWgFg Endret av Slettet-x7D6du0Hjb
Lenke til kommentar
  • 5 måneder senere...
Gjest Slettet-x7D6du0Hjb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMUiwTubYu0

The World is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real, because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round, and it has thrills and chills and is very brightly colored, and it's very loud. And it's fun, for a while.

Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they've begun to question, 'Is this real, or is this just a ride?', and other people have remembered, and they've come back to us and they say 'Hey, don't worry. Don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride.' and we KILL THOSE PEOPLE.

"Shut him up! We have alot invested in this ride! SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account, and my family. This just has to be real."

It's just a ride.

But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that. You ever noticed that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because ... It's just a ride.

And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear wants you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead see all of us as one.

Here's what we can do to change the world right now, to a better ride:

Take all that money we spent on weapons and defense each year and instead spend it feeding, clothing, and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and WE CAN EXPLORE SPACE, TOGETHER, BOTH INNER AND OUTER, forever ... in peace.

-- Bill Hicks (1961 - 1994)
Lenke til kommentar
  • 5 uker senere...
Gjest Slettet-x7D6du0Hjb

Må vel være blant de beste taler noen gang:

"Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

- President Abraham Lincoln

Lenke til kommentar

Ingen av sitatene jeg vil dele her er spesielt inspirerende akkurat, men fortsatt høyt oppe på listen over favorittsitater. Husk på at jeg kun er 21 og er fortsatt langt fra å ha lest alle klassikerne. Disse to sitatene er hentet fra bøker jeg har lest nå i januar.

Fra Candide av Voltaire:

[...] Martin især kom med den slutning at menneskene er skapt til enten å leve i evig kval og uro eller i kjedsomhetens sløve dvale.

Fra Opptegnelser fra et kjellerdyp av Dostojevskij:

Et utviklet og ordentlig menneske kan ikke være forfengelig uten å stille ekstreme krav til seg selv, og dermed må det også føle en forakt for seg selv som undertiden grenser til hat.

Send forresten en PM om du har lyst å lese klassikerne sammen med meg, er så vidt begynt :) Har også en konto på bokelskere.no om du vil treffes der!

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
  • 2 uker senere...

Robert F. Kennedy - Mindless Menace of Violence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Vll-t0H6A

We tolerate a rising level of violence that ignores our common humanity and our claims to civilization alike. We calmly accept newspaper reports of civilian slaughter in far-off lands. We glorify killing in movies and television and we call it entertainment. We make it easy for men of all shades of sanity to acquire whatever weapons and ammunition they desire. Too often we honor swagger and bluster and the wielders of force. Too often we excuse those who are willing to build their lives on the shattered dreams of others.

Our lives on this planet are too short and the work to be done too great, to let this spirit flourish any longer in our land.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
  • 1 måned senere...

"Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender,"

- Churchill

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
  • 1 måned senere...
  • 4 år senere...
"There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question".

Carl Sagan

Endret av det
Lenke til kommentar

"Jeg er uenig med hvert ord du sier, men jeg er villig til å kjempe og dø for din rett til å si dem".

Voltaire.

"De unge tror de vet alt, de middelaldrende tviler på alt, de gamle vet at de ikke vet noen ting".

Oscar Wilde.

"De fleste forlater sine drømmer, fordi de er redde for å mislykkes".

Mark Twain.

"Hvis en stein er for tung til å løftes, la den ligge".

Norsk ordtak.

"Kjenn deg selv".

Orakelet i Delfi.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...