Gå til innhold

Innlegg.no: General discussion in English

Laland

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

Have anyone here read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (the entire series) in english? If yes, what did you think? Did you find it difficult to understand the words. Douglas Adams is well known for the use of somewhat unusual words. I myself found the books most entertaining. Douglas always cracks me up and make me laugh. A man not able to appriciate jokes about how God was killed by his own words (the entire Babel fish can't have evolved by chance, which proves there have to be a God. And God answers that his existence is not related to proof, but faith. And thereby he seals his own fate, as logic goes against him, and he vanishes), or doors with feelings is a cold person. ^^

Endret av Snorre
Lenke til kommentar
Gjest Bruker-127711

No, i have not red HGTTG, but I looking forward to the summervacation, so I can start.

And just wondering, can I say "How come SYL isnt to be found on Spotify?"

Lenke til kommentar

Music technically isn't free on Spotify.. There's some interruptions then and now with the Free edition, together with som discrete ad-banners here and there. Spotify probably pays a license to get access to music-library's and pay for them with the profit from ads.

Lenke til kommentar

Every record label should see the possibilities and advantages of having their artists on Spotify. Not only is it a great spot to discover music (Heck, you can listen to music there for free. So no hesitation as to wether or not you should check out a song, an album or an artist) and not to mention the fact that Spotify probably is every record labels weatest fantasy. Total control of their users. Not only can the folks behind Spotify tell which songs the individual users listens to (well, if they can't know, they'll have no problem implementing a function for it), they also have total control over how people listen to it. They've got to listen to the songs in the Spotify-software, which only streams the file (in variable bitrate files @ 256 kbps rate or something in that gate). You can't transfer the songs onto your mp3-player, or store it on your computer. So really, it's just what the big record labels and the fanatic IFPI organisation have dreamt about for years.

Lenke til kommentar
Have anyone here read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (the entire series) in English? If yes, what did you think?

I have read every book DNA(Douglas Noel Adams) have ever written, and the last one he never finished, several times, some in both Norwegian and English. He is/was probably one of the best writers the world will ever see.. (well, in my mind anyway)

I don't have any problems understanding his way of writing, probably because i have used English for many years, and use it to some extent in my work.

Only thing is, his writing is probably not the best or most interesting, but the way he writes and how he describes things makes it the best.

I listen to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy every night before i fall asleep, usually for about 30 minutes. His voice is perfect and calming, so it gets me in the right mood to fall asleep. I also have radioversions of Dirk Gently Holistic Detective Agency and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy which i listen to often. I am at a point were i have to listen to one of them before i can fall asleep..

Marvin is probably the funniest character, I just love his pessimistic behavior and funny comments

It feels great to get to use English on a Norwegian forum, I don't know why. I write on English/American forums all the time, and it never feels like this. How strange.

Amidoinitrite?

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...