Gå til innhold

FM11: Football Manager 2011 - Diskusjon og pratetråd

Anbefalte innlegg

Sports Interactive and SEGA Europe announced today that the PC version of Football Manager™ 2011 will include the ability to publish achievements and goals to social networking sites, and will have a new camera angle for the 3D match view. A video will appear on the SI Youtube channel posted straight from the game!

Kan bli mye spam her tror jeg!

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Releasedato er 5. november.

Litt info her for de som har lyst å lese. Tar ikke med blogg dag 1 siden det kun forklarer hva FM er.

What's new in this year's game? - FM blogg dag 2

Each year we try and raise the bar that we set ourselves with our previous release, and attempt to make the most accurate simulation of football management known to man, or woman.

We were pretty happy with Football Manager 2010. We’d spent a lot of time looking at areas of the game where there were niggles, and concentrated on fixing them, rather than adding in lots and lots of new features. Well, that’s not actually true – there were still 150 new features last year, but the key word to describe the game was “polish”.

We did that because we were looking at changing the way that we make games. We’re a much larger team than we were five years ago, with nearly 70 people working on our games full time now, 60 odd contractors, and our huge research and translation team (the game is released in 18 languages!) and that size team requires a lot more organistation.

At the start of the year, we spent three weeks locked in a room going through every idea that we had for the game. Some of these were based on real life incidents, some ideas that we’ve had lying around for a while, some ideas from our amazing community and fans, some from people inside football, some overheard down the pub, and some burning desires of things we wanted to work on.

By the end of it, there were well over a thousand new features we wanted to work on, and I had to go through and work out which game they would be worked on, as it would simply be too much to do, let alone test that it works OK, for one game.

Which means we’ve ended up with around 400 new features in Football Manager 2011. Some of these will be small things, like buttons on news items to help you find your way around the game easier, and some of them are huge things where we’ve completely re-written a part of the game, or have something completely new that’s never been done before.

Before we started the blogs, we’d made a few announcements about the new features in the game. I think it’s around a dozen so far. There’s a video that shows the first half dozen in a lot more detail over at our YouTube channel , and lots of screenshots too which hopefully you can see on this page!

Today I’m going to recap what we’ve announced in the three feature announcements we made to date, plus one more thing that’s been kind of announced via our podcasts (which are free on iTunes – just search for the Football Manager podcast or look in the sports section).

- Live contract negotiations, including the introduction of agents

- Twitter & YouTube integration

- Huge improvements to the 3D match viewer, including 100’s of new animations, player emotions, new stadia, and new celebrations.

- A new training system, including match preparation

- Dynamic league reputation

- Lots of new news items, and a better news display system

- New match analysis options

- A set piece creator

- A revamp of the press conferences

- A new system for generating players

- Improvements to b-teams and amateur teams

- A new conversation player interaction system

With each of these new features, there will be blog about them in the coming weeks that will go into more detail about them.

One thing that’s been mentioned on the podcasts are the improvements that we’ve made to the editor this year – there are 30 new database fields that can be edited to give you even more power if you want to modify the game. Again, there’ll be a separate blog about what these later on in the series.

Tomorrow I’m going to start the in-depth blogs properly, and I’ll be looking at the media side of the game.

You want more news? You got it! - FM blogg dag 3

One of the reasons why Football Manager is enjoyed by so many people is the immersive aspect of the game. When you are in your Football Manager world, it feels like a parallel universe where you are the manager. You know every little detail about your club, but obviously also need to know about the world around you, and that's where the media in FM becomes so important.

A couple of years ago we made a decision to split the news about your team, and about other teams, in two. The decision was made as there was so much going on in the world that people playing it might complain about becoming lost.

The approach we took was wrong. It led to people knowing everything about their clubs, but unless they really took notice, they didn't know what was going on elsewhere.

This year, that problem is gone.

For a start, all of the news goes to the same place, whether it be about your club or others. But the news is very configurable via a vastly improved subscription system.

By default, you'll get all important news about your own league. That includes transfers, how other teams are doing, players you are interested in, big tournaments, the national team, your favourite club and, of course, the things that are going on at your club.

If that's too much for you, you can turn things off with a couple of button clicks. If you want more, again, a few button clicks and you can be subscribed to every bit of news about every player and team in the world!

It's your game, so you choose how much or how little you know about the world you escape into.

You also get more information from the in game news than ever before. A new module that someone much more clever than me has worked on has added an extra element to news items by calculating all of the possible combinations before a match on what winning, losing or drawing that game will do to your league position. That then gets factored into a lot of the news items, which makes the game more immersive, yet easier to find information. It's also used to work out at what point you've qualified for European competitions or can get into the playoffs etc, so no need to work it out yourself anymore!

There are also dozens of new news items that have been introduced this year to also provide more information to the manager, and some nice changes to existing news items.

I'm not going to detail all of them because firstly it'll break the internet as there are so many, and secondly, I don't want to give everything away, or else there'll be no surprises when the game comes out!

Here are a few of my favourite additions this year.

- More varied goal descriptions and better descriptions of player performances for post match reports.

- New news item to show when players are about to trigger contract clauses or their contracts are running down.

- More information on why someone has been sacked, or why you've been sacked (!) in the news item.

- A fortnightly competition round-up highlighting statistics such as scoring and assist charts, man of the match charts and other bits and pieces to keep you in touch with the world around you.

- News items when shock transfers are made, such as a player or manager dropping a couple of divisions.

- A season expectations review from your board to let you know how they think you've done in the last season.

- Player debut news items.

- Improved news items regarding major finals to give them the build up that they get in the real world.

- Squad number reaction news, where the press react and comment on squad number allocation and situations where players have not been registered in a squad.

- A yearly training round-up which goes nicely with the new training system in Football Manager 2011, which will get discussed in proper detail in a future blog.

Plus lots, lots, more...

Tomorrow I'll be looking at another side of the media, on the day that every manager dreads in real life. Friday is press conference day!

Endret av DJ_Dark
Lenke til kommentar

New press conference questions revealed! - FM blogg dag 4

Press conferences are what Id describe as a 'marmite' feature of the Football Manager series. You either love 'em, or hate 'em. Which is why the option is there to ask your assistant to do them for you if you fall in the latter camp!

âMe, I love them. But I also acknowledge that in last year's release they weren't as good as they could have been.

For those of you who've never played Football Manager before, the way press conferences work is that a bunch of journalists turn up from different publications, including MirrorFootball of course, and ask you questions, giving you five choices of answer.

They were actually one of the first features we worked on for Football Manager 2011, with an early decision made to go through every single question (well over 300 of them at that stage) and make sure that the answers were more in keeping with the situation that your club was in. Basically, there weren't enough possible answer sets, and now there are.

We have also changed the way you reply to the questions. Previously you chose your answer and then pressed the confirm button, and our usability studies showed that this frustrated people, so we now use a 'one click' system. Make sure you think about your answer before choosing it, or you could find yourself with some very unhappy players!

We've also added a bunch of new questions - well over 100 - meaning the total amount of questions is over 500 now, including many that are triggered by the new system we have in place for working out how well (or badly!) your team are doing, to ensure that the questions you are asked really are specific to your team, rather than being generic.

The new system is also a lot more 'clever'. It can recognise when you've rested a player, how fans feel towards new signings, when you've re-signed a player, how important the forthcoming match is and the above mentioned better logic for choosing the answer set.

One of the complaints that we've had on the system is that it gets a bit repetitive, so hopefully the extra questions will make it less so - although as someone who spends a lot of time doing interviews each year, it happens in real life too. You wouldn't believe how many times I get asked exactly the same questions each year, including many in every interview!

So I can't promise that you won't see questions more than once because, simply, you will - but we're trying to simulate real life here, and it happens!

There's not nearly enough space on the internet to go detail every new press conference question that's in the game, but here are a few of my favourites:

- Questions about the club's ex-manager when you take over a club (particularly if they've been successful)

- Questions regarding new signings after they've played for a few matches

- Specific questions for special competitions, like the Community Shield.

- A new press conference following draws for major tournaments if your team are involved with them.

- Questions regarding team selection when the manager may be considering rotating and/or resting players.

- Signing former players and the reaction that will have around the club and amongst the supporters.

- Questions asked when milestones have been reached both by clubs and players.

- A whole host of new Cup-related questions.

Right, that's it for today, and for this week! I'll be back on Monday to reveal some more secrets about Football Manager 2011, but you'll have to wait and see what it will be!

One thing that I'll be blogging about properly in the coming weeks is the new social network features that are in Football Manager 2011 for the first time.

If you want a sneak preview of how they work, you might want to follow me on Twitter if you are on there, as I’ll be “testing” the game this weekend, and the Twitter functionality is one of the things I’ll be testing. You can follow me @milessi

Have a great weekend, and good luck to all of the teams you support everywhere in the world. Except for Sheffield United, who are playing my beloved Watford….

Lenke til kommentar

I fjor fikk jeg spiller 2 dager før release og begynte å spille med en gang, selvfølgelig. Problemet var vel mer det at siden jeg fikk det to dager for tidlig hadde ikke release-patchen kommet ut enda. Dermed måtte jeg starte på nytt etter å ha spilt en halv sesong og det var irriterende. Da er det greit å få det litt senere nå. :p

Dessuten har jeg vel eksamen rundt den tiden, så det er greit å få det senere!

Lenke til kommentar

må regne med at det kommer til å koste ca 460kr hvis du kjøper fra play.com ja. sendte de email og spurte om de kan sette prisen på pakken til under 20 pund, spent på å høre hva de har å si til det.

standard satser på ting over 200kr er 25% moms + 110kr tollgebyr.

uansett regner jeg med at jeg skaffer spillet på et annnet vis mens jeg venter på leveringen fra play.com ;)

ser forresten fram til dynamisk ligarykte. endelig kan en nasjon opparbeide seg rykte, noe som var jevli kjipt i fm10. fikk aldri bygd opp laget slik jeg ville (tippeligaen) nettopp pga dårlig ligarykte; fikk jo ingen spillere..

Endret av Jaekt
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...