Gå til innhold

Ngt + lyse kan jeg bruke begge samtidig?

Anbefalte innlegg

Nå har jeg 50/25mbit fra lyse og jeg har også 20/1.5bit fra ngt i 6uker til.

Det jeg lurte på om jeg kan koble begge til pc samtidig?

Jeg har jo 2 1gbit porter på HK et.

Noen som har prøvd det?

Eller vet om noen programmer som kan gjøre sånn at jeg kan utnytte dette.

Eventuelt kan jeg bestemme at Utorrent bare bruker den ene linjen?

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Det du trenger er sannsynligvis en Router med load balancing.. disse er typisk dyre, ettersom de er beregnet for proff/firmabruk.

For å utnytte to tilkoblinger i 6 uker ser jeg absolutt ikke vitsen med mindre du er sultanen av brunei og driter penger ;)

mer:

Summary: Everyone wants a faster internet connection, and I'm frequently asked if it's possible to combine two or more connections for speed. The answer is yes ... but.

Can I merge two internet connections so that I have doubled bandwidth? I have a DSL connection as well as a separate EVDO connection. I want to know if it is possible to merge the internet connections so that the bandwidth speed would be added to each other, resulting in increased bandwidth.

Don't I wish.

Seriously, I do wish. My DSL is limited to 768k down and 128k up. Nowadays that's slow, but it's the best my telco can do for me. No cable in my area either. I'd love to be able to hook up a second DSL line, and simply "add" the two together.

It's possible, but a) you won't like what it takes, and b) it won't necessarily get you what you think it will.

Here's what it takes: money.

There are devices, specialty routers, that can take two internet connections. They're typically called 'load balancing' routers, since their goal isn't so much to provide higher bandwidth, but rather "spread the load" between two (or sometimes more) connections. Quite often large sites will use routers to both load balance between multiple connections, or provide redundancy in case one of the internet connections goes down.

The problem for us more "normal people" is that load balancing routers are typically expensive, and not that easy to setup and configure properly.

"...there's no real consumer-accessible solution for this at this time."

And even when set up, they don't do exactly what you're asking.

The 'problem' is that a single connection from your computer to another can happen across only one connection at a time. So if you're downloading a large file, for example, it will download at the speed of only one of your connections. You won't be able to combine the bandwidth for these types of downloads.

The good news is that the other connection would be available for other things, so instead of the download hogging all your bandwidth, it'd be limited to hogging only one of your multiple connections.

The other good news is that typically downloading things off the internet actually involve multiple downloads, which can happen across both connections. For example, while you might consider viewing this page as a single operation, in fact there are several different items being downloaded. The page itself consisting of the text you're reading and for formatting information is only one. Each graphic image, such as the site logo, is a separate download. Each such separate download can happen on a separate connection, thus increasing the apparent download speed of the entire page.

But as I said, there's no real consumer-accessible solution for this at this time. Given the "need for speed" we're all increasingly feeling, it wouldn't surprise me if one came along at some point - hopefully from one of the major consumer networking equipment manufacturers.

Until then, I'm stuck with a single line at whatever best speed I can get.

As, I suspect, are most of us.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...