Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

I'm bored, so since I have nothing better to do, I might as well add some grammar stuff. It's just something that I see some people do wrong.

An overview of plural forms and possessive cases

When you write the plural form of most nouns, you add -s at the end of the noun: "one cat, many cats." If the noun ends with an "s-like" sound, you add -es: "one fish, many fishes."

This does not apply to nouns with irregular plural forms, such as "sheep", "man", etc., where the plural form is written using a vowel change or no change at all. Some nouns have other endings than -s or -es: Nouns ending with o have the ending -oes in plural form, and most nouns ending with y drop the y and have the ending -ies in plural form.

When you indicate the possession one noun in singular form has of another, you mark it by adding -'s at the end of it: "the dog's food."

When you indicate the possession one noun in regular plural form (that is with an added plural indicator like -s) has of another, you mark it by adding only an apostrophe: "The dogs' food."

When the noun is plural, but in irregular form (that is without any ending added to indicate plurality), you add both the apostrophe and an s: "The men's food".

Some of the possessive pronouns (eiendomspronomen) may also be sources of confusion:

Your and you're

Its and it's

Their and they're

His and he's

Here, "your", "its", "their" and "his" are possessive pronouns, while "you're", "it's", "they're" and "he's" are abbreviations of "you are", "it is", "they are" and "he is".

I can't guarantee that this information is 100% correct, so please speak out about any errors and such.

Endret av Jaffe
Lenke til kommentar
I think "mock exam" would also work as a translation for "tentamen". Anyhow...morning, people!

8165729[/snapback]

I simply use:

Test - "prøve"

Exam - "Tentamen"

Final exam - "Eksamen" :)

8170761[/snapback]

I write like this:

Test - "prøve"

Practice Exam - "Tentamen"

and Exam - "Eksamen" :p But whatever works for everyone.

Did you know that "Form team college" can mean drama high school? :hmm:

Lenke til kommentar
Are anyone else on deviantART? I have just registered there, and I am now submitting my amateur pictures that I think looks nice. My friend poked me to join there, I thought that I might as well do it. I'd love a comment on any of the pictures. :)

Here's my collection:

http://wrep.deviantart.com/

8336828[/snapback]

Cool. cool.

I'm sort of an addict to DA these days.

Good place to upload stuff, even though I usually don't get to many comments *cough*

Link is in my signature >_>

Lenke til kommentar
Are anyone else on deviantART? I have just registered there, and I am now submitting my amateur pictures that I think looks nice. My friend poked me to join there, I thought that I might as well do it. I'd love a comment on any of the pictures. :)

Here's my collection:

http://wrep.deviantart.com/

8336828[/snapback]

Yes, or i am not registered there, but i have downloaded and used some of the Windows skins. There's a lot of them.

At the moment i am using a Windows Vista skin (i am using Windows Home Edition)

Very beatuiful pictures in your profile.

Lenke til kommentar
Now my friends started drinking. That is, one friend of mine and one I'm not such a good friend with (he also has AD/HD). They said they were going to drink something to see how it's like playing his new PS3 half drunk. Come on.. I just rolled my eyes inside of me.

8374749[/snapback]

Idiots..

If you're gonna be drunk and play, you must play Wii.

They are probably gonna break the PS3, not quite so fun when you see the damage next morning.

Endret av _Scotty_
Lenke til kommentar
Nice work, eilertsen. The National Langolution has begun.

Langolution is short for Language Revolution in my terms, and is not really a word yet. Follow Google and the evolution of Langolution here: http://www.google.no/search?hl=no&q=langol...-s%C3%B8k&meta=

8223775[/snapback]

Yeah! The langolution experiment is going well. Now Google has catched the use of the word in this thread. The rvolutionary revolution of langolution is turing into an instoppable torrent force... :!:

Lenke til kommentar
Now my friends started drinking. That is, one friend of mine and one I'm not such a good friend with (he also has AD/HD). They said they were going to drink something to see how it's like playing his new PS3 half drunk. Come on.. I just rolled my eyes inside of me.

8374749[/snapback]

Idiots..

If you're gonna be drunk and play, you must play Wii.

They are probably gonna break the PS3, not quite so fun when you see the damage next morning.

8374847[/snapback]

Or pc :)

Kinda fun playing fps games while being smashed ^^

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...