Gå til innhold

Er Tomshardware sin P4 Fake?

CFD

Anbefalte innlegg

Her er en ting jeg fant da jeg surfet litt på nettet:

Alt dette er kopiert fra http://www.hothardware.com

Good evening all. Although we've been observing a moment of silence on this day of remembrance, I decided to break this silence for an update and concern that I felt was also of utmost importance, that being journalistic integrity.

In the event you haven't seen the Tom's Hardware piece entitled, "Smuggled Goods - P4 With 3.6GHz", please head on over as it certainly is an interesting read. What is most interesting about it is, that I am of the opinion, that the product you see in this article is in fact not a Pentium 4 3.6GHz chip at all but rather a 2GHz P4 chip. The CPU core image that they have posted on the first page has the marking of "QFF8ES". We have confirmed that these markings are indeed that of a 2GHz Willamette CPU in fact. So, with that in mind, are the benchmarks and analysis you have been shown here legitimate and accurate? We have solid verifiable information that no one has been given the opportunity to test the 3.6GHz or 3.33 GHz Pentium 4 for that matter, not even Tom's Hardware.

Our take is that maybe Tom's crew took an unlocked 2GHz engineering sample and jacked the multiplier up to 27X and set the FSB to 133MHz for their testing. This could have been attainable with some serious cooling and voltage or perhaps even standard HSF air cooled. We all know that the 3.3GHz and 3.6GHz Pentium 4s on Intel's roadmap will have Hyperthreading enabled, so where are the SMP benchmarks Tom??? And why does that 3.3GHz P4 chip you show, have the markings of a 2GHz CPU???

We're not sure what to make of this article but we are highly suspect of it. If it is true that the Tom's Team has pulled a fast one here (we're not directly accusing them, only asking some tough questions), then this has to be one of the most blatant displays of misleading journalism that we here at HotHardware have ever seen in this business.

We're hoping Tom can explain things here but we're not sure how this situation can be reasoned into something that looks like reality or the truth.

You make the call...

Hvis dette er sant har toms mista all sin tillit iallefall hos meg..

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Neppe, THG er den mest seriøs HW siden i verden, og har vært det i sinnsykt mange år.

Jeg tror gjerne Intel har gitt dem en prototype av P4 3,6GHz.

Dessuten, hva vet vel HotHardware om stepping på prototyper av P4?

Og hvordan tør de i det hele tatt utale seg uten å ha hele stepping koden?

Lenke til kommentar

Hmm...Normalt er jeg rimelig sikker på at det folket på Toms har genuine tester, men denne synes jeg virker litt fabrikert, forresten, hvor blir det av CHammer i disse testene, jeg mener, AMD har jo sagt at CHammer skal bli sinnsyk, så hvorfor tester ikke Toms en Proto av denne, for å se åssen den kan hamle opp med denne såkalte superchipen på 3,6Ghz.

Heile greia virker svært suspekt. Hmm...

Strange....

Lenke til kommentar

Det er ikke første gang THG har vært i hardt vær etter å ha prøvd seg på en spansk en.

Nå har de tatt rev i seila og lagt til tilleggsforklaring. Hvorvidt man velger å tro på den er så sin sak.

Det viser seg at dette er en enginering sample som har ulåst multiplier, tommelom og guttene har klokket denne til grensa og kaller det preview på ting som komme skal.....

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...