Gå til innhold

Gainward 6800 LE låser seg

Anbefalte innlegg

Som tittelen tilsier, så har jeg problemer med at mitt Gainward 6800 LE låser seg i enkelte spill. I det siste har dette spillet vært Battle for middle earth, det har også skjedd noen ganger i CS:Source. Det som skjer er at skjermen blir helt sort, og jeg må manuelt skru av maskinen (holde inne power knapp, evt dra ut strømmen) for å få startet den igjen. Mulig det kommer et pip også når den klikker, er ikke helt sikker.

Poweret skal være på 350W (Qtek kabinett), jeg trodde dette skulle holde? Jeg softmoddet kortet tidligere, kan dette være årsaken? Nå er alle innstillinger orginale, altså null softmodding, men kan det være kortet er permanent ødelagt pga tidligere softmodding? Andre som har opplevd noe liknende?

PS: Alt fungerer perfekt med mitt gamle GF4400, så det må være skjermkortet.

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Off dette er det probleme jeg har i Guild Wars nå, derfor bestillte jeg

Gainward 6800LE og det har kommet idag. Ikke si at jeg får samme probleme

nå, ventet så lenge på å få spille gw. Uansett om det er ett demo-kort skal

det jo funke og være i orden, kommer til å klage sykt hvis det ikke funker.

Lenke til kommentar

har/hadde samme kortet som du. i spill som css og hl2 så klikker kortet etter ca 20sek. eg har sendt det innigjenn til komplett no. eg får se om det eg får tilbake funker bedre.

det er vel eit vanlig problem på dei 6800le kortene, og særligt dei ifrå gainward

Lenke til kommentar
har/hadde samme kortet som du. i spill som css og hl2 så klikker kortet etter ca 20sek. eg har sendt det innigjenn til komplett no. eg får se om det eg får tilbake funker bedre.

det er vel eit vanlig problem på dei 6800le kortene, og særligt dei ifrå gainward

Utrolig irriterende! Broren min har samme kortet, og opplever mye av de samme problemene. Han har allerede sendt inn kortet 1 gang, og nå opplever han det samme igjen, dog ikke like ille som ved første kort.

Har aldri opplevd så ustabile skjermkort tidligere, men som sagt kan det jo være at kabinettet mitt er litt råttent (strømforsyningen). Vet ikke om ATI har klart dette noe bedre?

Hvilket skjermkort bør man evt. bytte det inn i ?

Lenke til kommentar

Antakelig er det strømforsyninga di. 350W fra Q-tec tilsvarer vel omtrent 250 ordentlige watt... En annen ting jeg husker fra da jeg selv kjøpte mitt 6800LE, var at dersom man har hovedkort som bare støttet 4x på AGP, så kan det være problemet. Det fordi 4x AGP ikke gir så mye strøm til AGP-porten som 8x AGP gjør. Sannsynligheten for at 4x/8x er et problem, gir jeg ingen "garantier" for. Jeg har ikke sett at problemstillinga er tatt opp i et siste, så det kan ha vært gjetning fra folk som sleit med feilproduserte Gainward-kort.

Lenke til kommentar
  • 2 uker senere...

Ser ut til at antagelsene om poweret til Qtek på angivelige 350W er problemet, fant denne posten(se nederst) i et annet forum. Skal kjøpe et kvalitetspower senere idag, og gir beskjed om dette løser problemene mine så snart jeg har fått testet dette.

Her er posten:

One thing that i just can't stand whatsoever is when people blame well know graphic card Manufacturing companies for stoopid little things and give them such a bad name after they have done so much for you... Here's what I found....

I had the most bizzare problem with my Gainward 6800LE and believe it or not,,,i solved the problem. I bought my card 3 months ago and suddenly the games started freezing up after about 10-20 minutes of games play. It gave me a black screen and had this annoying sound looping that forced you to reset the pc, but it didn't help. I had to power the pc off completely in order for it to power back up. The funny thing was that it never crashed or froze or reboot when i was inside windows, only when I tried to play a game. I've tried games like Doom3 / Half life 2 / XIII / Farcry and all of them gave me that black screen and crashing the pc completely after about an hour of gameplay. Halflife 2 worked for about 5 minutes at the most before freezing, which made this the worst of all games tested. I tried replacing memory,,,cpu,,,motherboard,,,reinstalled windows,,,nothing helped. I sent the card back to the manufacturer and the card tested ok? I couldn't believe it and they couldn't believe me either. I took the card back home,,tried it again and it still gave me black screens. Then I tried something that sounds very stoopid,,but it worked. I disconnected all my hardware (modem / dvdrom / dvdwriter / case fans / neon base lights) and only had my 6800LE and hard drive connected to my motherboard. I loaded Half Life 2 and played the whole night without a single crash or black screen. The conclusion was that the next Gen Graphics cards require allot more power from your power supply than what you think. I had a 300Watt power supply and obviously it wasn't enough for this 6800LE. They don't warn you on the box or in the documentation (if you receive any) about a recommended powersupply, but if you go to their website,,you will see that they actually recommend atleast 350Watt for this product. If you experience any problem related to this,,,change your power supply to atleast 400watt. Who would have thought that this could affect 3D graphics?

The card is still running at 67 degrees after 2 hours of Half Life 2, so it's not an overheating problem. The reason for the card giving problems after 3 months is, during the 3 months before the problem started I bought a modem / tv capture card / 4 case fans and neon base lights. That's the reason for insufficient power from the PSU all of the sudden. Please stop believing that the bios settings are incorrect and that the manufacturer sold you a crappy card because they wanna make money off something that is broken, aswell as to only buy the new version of the card because the old version of the 6800LE is the sinner, also please ignore rumours about the memory clock set too high and that if you set the memory clock slower (from 700 - 600MHZ) that it will resolve your problems, because it wont. Please ignore all perceptions about Riva tuner changing your bios settings, because it is utterly nonsence, any changes can be reversed because it's a software tuning tool, or simply uninstall Riva Tuner. You can't damage your card by opening any pixel pipes or vertex shadings because i've tried it. There was also an incident in a different forum where a guy had exactly the same problem as the rest of the 6800LE owners and he also replaced his power supply to solve the issue, the was using a 6800GT. There are so many rumours out there but no physical solution to the problem.,, so here you go.

Swear at me if you please.....

Lenke til kommentar
Ser ut til at antagelsene om poweret til Qtek på angivelige 350W er problemet, fant denne posten(se nederst) i et annet forum. Skal kjøpe et kvalitetspower senere idag, og gir beskjed om dette løser problemene mine så snart jeg har fått testet dette.

Swear at me if you please.....

I can not speak Norwegian (only read some words), so please answer only english..

--

This problem "6800le cards freezes" is NOT caused by power supply. Please take a look of this post:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59391

Lenke til kommentar
Den modden med en kondensator i TP9/10 fiksa mine BS problemer iallefall :thumbup:

Mvh

Stoneheart

Hej Stoneheart,

Jag (jeg?=norsk) har läst svenska på grundskolan och kan tale/skriva bara litet.

.. but I think better to use 'Engelska' :blush:

--

Nice to 'see' you again :D and also that your problems have been gone (=iallefall).

Guess how hard was the registration to this site due to Norsk questions :cry:

Lenke til kommentar
Den modden med en kondensator i TP9/10 fiksa mine BS problemer iallefall  :thumbup:

Mvh

Stoneheart

Hej Stoneheart,

Jag (jeg?=norsk) har läst svenska på grundskolan och kan tale/skriva bara litet.

--

Nice to 'see' you again :D and also that your problems have been gone (=iallefall).

LOL!

I can imagen SikaRippa. I'll try too registrate on a finnish forum... I know a little finnish :D But its a difficult language too learn ... I know what Sika means, but Rippa??

And my LE i still going strong, i can also push the mem up to 750 now without getting a BS. 2.8ns mem... O'well. I did try 800, but that gave me a BS.

I looked over your post again, and im awed by the time and effort you have put into this problem. kiitos! :thumbup:

Take care and if you ever find yourself in Oslo PM me and we'll grab an Olut or 10

Stoneheart

Endret av Stoneheart
Lenke til kommentar
Den modden med en kondensator i TP9/10 fiksa mine BS problemer iallefall  :thumbup:

Mvh

Stoneheart

Hej Stoneheart,

--

LOL!

I can imagen SikaRippa. I'll try too registrate on a finnish forum... I know a little finnish :D But its a difficult language too learn ... I know what Sika means, but Rippa??

And my LE i still going strong, i can also push the mem up to 750 now without getting a BS. 2.8ns mem... O'well. I did try 800, but that gave me a BS.

I looked over your post again, and im awed by the time and effort you have put into this problem. kiitos! :thumbup:

Take care and if you ever find yourself in Oslo PM me and we'll grab an Olut or 10

Stoneheart

There are not those nasty questions in Finnish forums, do you have some kind of 'Net-nanny-law' in Norge?

--

Yeh. Sika=sika :D . SikaRippa does not mean anything real except for me and my brother, it was name for something unpleasent/stupid/foolish when we were kids.

So, it is some kind of self-irony for this 'project'.

--

I think that is maximum you can get with 2.8 ns memories, if you WANT to push harder you should modify Vmem. Did you noticed that I found that 'a-little-bit-easy-way' to modify Vmem ?

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62651

--

I will remember your øl-offer :whistle: . I do not promise to be there very soon, but IF why not to take in a 'Pirkka-way' (10+)

Endret av SikaRippa
Lenke til kommentar

He he he... Yeah that dosen't look to hard, so if i want 2.8 v to the mem i must use a 6800ohm resitor. right?

I will try it some time... when i feel it's time for a bit more juice from the card. But for now 340/750 is fine.

Im gonna pick up a 3200 Venice and some ocz sticks from the postoffice tomorrow. With a MSi Neo2 MB... :dribble: I'll post some results later...

I feel like a kid the day befor Xmas :D

Stoneheart

Endret av Stoneheart
Lenke til kommentar

Hi SikkaRippa !

I must admit that you've done some superb research on the 6800 BS issues, I've allready ordered a new power, but I guess it won't change anything (I did this BEFORE I read your post). Anyways, it will come in handy the next time I buy a graphic card.

I'll try installing the new power first, if that does not help, I will try your "1000uf/16v cap" fix, and hopefully 5 months of BS-hell will finally be over :) Actually my GW6800LE card was working nicely in the beginning, but startet BS after a few months, as you described in your post.

Tnx for taking your time to registrer on this norwegian forum, that was really nice of you!

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...