Gå til innhold

Gainward 6800 LE låser seg

Anbefalte innlegg

He he he... Yeah that dosen't look to hard, so if i want 2.8 v to the mem i must use a 6800ohm resitor. right?

I will try it some time... when i feel it's time for a bit more juice from the card. But for now 340/750 is fine.

Im gonna pick up a 3200 Venice and some ocz sticks from the postoffice tomorrow. With a MSi Neo2 MB... :dribble: I'll post some results later...

I feel like a kid the day befor Xmas :D

Stoneheart

Required resistor value may vary little bit with cards. If you have before mod Vmem = 2.72 V, 6800 ohms should give 2.8 V. However, I suggest to measure Vmem before/during (!) making the mod and also to use fixed resistor + potentiometer in series.

--

You have been 'good' kid, since 'Juletomte' is so generous :D

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
Hi SikkaRippa !

I must admit that you've done some superb research on the 6800 BS issues, I've allready ordered a new power, but I guess it won't change anything (I did this BEFORE I read your post). Anyways, it will come in handy the next time I buy a graphic card.

I'll try installing the new power first, if that does not help, I will try your "1000uf/16v cap" fix, and hopefully 5 months of BS-hell will finally be over :) Actually my GW6800LE card was working nicely in the beginning, but startet BS after a few months, as you described in your post.

Tnx for taking your time to registrer on this norwegian forum, that was really nice of you!

Hi !

Yep, I wonder new power supply does not help too much.. If you read that post carefully, you found my investigations between power supplies. In some caces there have been a small effect (improvement) if a better supply is used. BUT I have not heard that this would remove BS completely. I also tried to improve situation (=stabilize DC-voltages) by adding capacitors to the molex-connector, which gave only minor improvement.

--

Could you specify which labels you have top of those (green) c136&c143 capacitors ? My guess is that you have "4 8 470 6E", which model has been may cases worked for a while, say ~ 2 months.

--

I took it as a challange to register here after I saw those questions ;)

--

Do you think, if it would be hard task for you (or Stoneheart) to make an 'advertisement' about that XS-page in a good place in this/or other forum in Norge ? Because there are (out there!) still several unhappy 6800le users waiting for some aid.

If you could write that (på Norsk!), please post the link e.g in this thread. (Thank you beforehand!!)

Lenke til kommentar
Could you specify which labels you have top of those (green) c136&c143 capacitors ? My guess is that you have "4 8 470 6E", which model has been may cases worked for a while, say ~ 2 months.

Checked them out, and they are 47 470 6.

Haven't received my power yet, but when I do I'll give som feedback on the result.

Lenke til kommentar

I've actually had the card for 5-6 months without any serious BS problems, but suddenly the card gave me a BS everytime I played Battle for Middle Earth for more than 15 minutes (A game lasts at least 15 min).

I've also had some problems with CS:Source, but it only happened once a month, and wasn't really a big issue.

"4 7 470 6E" - no BS when new, old (???) (GW6800le-card from RMA)

According to your list, this might just add another model to the BS list ? :)

Lenke til kommentar
I've actually had the card for 5-6 months without any serious BS problems, but suddenly the card gave me a BS everytime I played Battle for Middle Earth for more than  15 minutes (A game lasts at least 15 min).

I've also had some problems with CS:Source, but it only happened once a month, and wasn't really a big issue.

"4 7 470 6E" - no BS when new, old (???) (GW6800le-card from RMA)

According to your list, this might just add another model to the BS list ? :)

Thank you, that was quite interesting information :thumbup:

I will update the post quite soon and also add your cap-information.

Maybe you noticed that I have been testing this "GW version 1b" card with has EXACTLY the same caps - and this one is still working (~2 months old !!!).

I wonder weather that one will give BS before autumn :hmm:

I would be nice to heard if your card has also been modified afterwards by GW ? See, Fig. 10 in that post and there those misaligned tiny light brown capacitors (and a short !!!!)?

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...